West Chester PA?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, if you do relocate you will be closer to the Thunder in the valley event!............:biglaugh:.............Tom.

I have many great memories of WC! I went to High School there. WC East just outside of town. A college town, many neat bars and eating establishments in town as well. One of the best pizza joints is there as well called Benny's! All thru hs Fridays were pizza night! Not far from the jersey shore, Philly nighlife (used to hit South Street in the 80's), King of Prussia mall area, Or even where I live now just outside the Pocono area. Some streets in town actually still have brick sidewalks. Let me know if I can help at all......been living in the Lehigh Valley for the last 25 years, but still really loved WC. Oh, Longwood Gardens another neat place, especially in the winter with the way they do Lights on the trees! Winter wonderland.

Jim

Well, if you do relocate you will be closer to the Thunder in the valley event!............:biglaugh:.............Tom.
You'd think so, but he's actually closer to Johnstown where he lives now in MD.
Either way he'll be closer than me and a LOT closer than you.
So Distance won't be a viable excuse for him not to come !!!! :punk:

PS
I hope you and Lee are planning to Shanhai Mike for Thunder next year (even if he doesn't own a Vmax anymore) !!! :biglaugh:
I'm sure Bill will let him ride his wife's Burgman Scooter while he's there. ;)

Two things about living in that area.

1. Stay the hell off the "sure-kill" expressway! I won't even begin to try to spell the real name.....
OK, I looked it up...
Schuylkill

2. The Philadelphia Flyers suck.

All you need to know.

Last edited:
Don't really follow hockey but not fond of Philly. Don't know how far it is from there. They are going to do a bus trip up there for everyone to check it out at some point. They want to retain/relocate as many as possible. HR is going to meet with everyone tomorrow to go over options. Severance packages/Retention bonuses/Relocation expenses.

If you support the 2nd Amendment( Love guns) you will love being in PA after dealing with the MD gun laws.....:bang head:

If you support the 2nd Amendment( Love guns) you will love being in PA after dealing with the MD gun laws.....:bang head:

Lots of states let you own what you want.

Some let you carry what you want,

Very few let you actually USE them if needed and provide you the right to do so without fear of reprisal in criminal or civil court.

Pa. Is on the good side of that from what I hear.

Pa. Is on the good side of that from what I hear.

PA is on the good side. It is a "Shall Issue" state and a LTCF (PA's version of a concealed carry license) is fairly easy to get.

As far as West Chester goes, I am not a fan of that entire area, however there are a number of very nice places to live that are within driving distance to West Chester.

Maryland or Pennsylvania, I would take PA every day and twice on Sunday.

BTW: What company is moving from MD to PA?

PA is on the good side. It is a "Shall Issue" state and a LTCF (PA's version of a concealed carry license) is fairly easy to get.

As far as West Chester goes, I am not a fan of that entire area, however there are a number of very nice places to live that are within driving distance to West Chester.

Maryland or Pennsylvania, I would take PA every day and twice on Sunday.

BTW: What company is moving from MD to PA?

Teva

I should not have said moving but consolidating. They are eliminating the MD location (main hub is WC) but opening up positions in WC to accomodate those who can move.

I work in Reading, Berks County just to the NorthEast of West Chester by about an hour.... or 30min by Vmax.....

Message me if you make the move for a Spring get together ride.

1st Sunday of the Month, from April to October just next door in Lancaster County, is a decent destination where a few hundred(to thousand) bikes show up for impromptu gathering for breakfast, tall tales, great backroads, and some needed release of steam from the work weeks.... The town is called Ephrata, and at the town park just off of Rt.322.

The town/city of Exton just up Rt.100 from West Chester is busy as well, and some really nice homes in that area as well as near Rt.401(horse country), or even further North near Rt.23. Rt.30 and 30 business is a messy area if you can stay away from it at all.

Good luck, if it works out and is meant to be.

- Chris

I worked in Ephrata and drove home on weekends back to Pgh every weekend until I couldn't stand the SMELL anymore! CHICKENSHIT! They use it for fertilizer for crops and you NEVER get used to it. There's NOTHING to do there and if you do ride in that area just watch out for horseshit on the roads. Too many Amish buggies and bicycles for me. And that 3 hr trip(250miles) each way got old but there was no way I was moving the family to that god forsaken shithole. I don't care how much they paid. Oh yea, the icing on the cake was we agreed to an hourly wage then payday I had to chase the boss down for him to pay outta pocket the difference they promised me which was $5 per hr more than payroll was aware of. Yea, next time I move it's somewhere that has things to do and nice weather something Ephrata has neither of.

I worked in Ephrata and drove home on weekends back to Pgh every weekend until I couldn't stand the SMELL anymore! CHICKENSHIT! They use it for fertilizer for crops and you NEVER get used to it. There's NOTHING to do there and if you do ride in that area just watch out for horseshit on the roads. Too many Amish buggies and bicycles for me. And that 3 hr trip(250miles) each way got old but there was no way I was moving the family to that god forsaken shithole. I don't care how much they paid. Oh yea, the icing on the cake was we agreed to an hourly wage then payday I had to chase the boss down for him to pay outta pocket the difference they promised me which was $5 per hr more than payroll was aware of. Yea, next time I move it's somewhere that has things to do and nice weather something Ephrata has neither of.

Thats a good thing to be aware of..would not have thought of that

Back