What can I check? Cleaned carbs- LOW power. Feels like it's on 3?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Use the glass filters that the perf auto parts houses have. Works great and easily viewed to see if they filter needs replaced (which is also cheaper since you can get the guts).

Do you have anyone else near you with another Max? Best way to find out for sure would be to run against another known to work right..

Is there a specific way the carbs mount? IE: Is there a front carb and a rear carb? I don't think that I got them mixed up, but I'm looking for anything at this point.

Finally caught up enough to screw with the VMax. Still starts and idles but as soon as I turn off the choke it will not idle.

I pulled the intake off and found that one of my carbs would back fire through the top. This carb also does not suck as much air as the other three. I put my hand over each one and gave it a little throttle. This one carb did not suck as hard as the other.

Any ideas?

DSC_0001.jpg

New wierdness.... Just pulled the plug wire from that cyl and it made no difference in how it was running. But when I tested it for spark it was hitting. Jez man.... I'm loosing it here guys. Anyone want to throw me a bone?

If it won't idle without the choke then the pilot fuel jets are plugged. The slides and side covers don't even have to be installed for it to idle.

Sean

Has the butterfly for that carb become disconnected? I've seen a throttle cross-link come off (or knocked off) on a Vmax, then opening the throttle doesn't open all the carbs!

Latest posts

Back