What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
started her up with the new pipes and the oddysey battery. love the noise up close and its a bit quiter from a far.. prefect..

no test ride yet as there was a tiny bit of smoke coming off the headers/exhaust port...

normal with the ceramic coating/new gaskets?

Garrett,
Those cans are a little toned down at idle, but they will also bark when you get on it.

Post up some pics please...

i hear ya bill. still waiting on a few answers before i really take her out.

pics...

Attachments

• SSPX0370.jpg
    SSPX0370.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 44
  • SSPX0371.jpg
    SSPX0371.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 45
  • SSPX0372.jpg
    SSPX0372.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 42
  • SSPX0373.jpg
    SSPX0373.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 43
  • SSPX0374.jpg
    SSPX0374.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 46
just took the bike out. LOVE the sound! oh man! i actually feel like i lost a tiny bit of power, but it could just be smoother haha...

also called the dyno guy. going to install jet kit monday AM. just gotta drop the bike off.

waiting for the bike to cool down then gonna check all those exhaust port nuts again and should be good to go. i don' thear anything indictative of a leak, and don't feel anything either.

there was a little leak (no noise, but could feel slightly) before but i just tightened the nut down a turn more or so on one header

now heres a question, does the battery/gas tank now get a lot hotter w/out the heat shield? man thats a lot of heat coming out of there (its also almost 90 degrees here.)

oh and i also had to take off the center stand which was a little bit of a bitch. the top pointy parts weren't clearing the exhaust so they actualy scratched it up on the way down but i took it off. not a big deal, going to touch it up with high-temp paint, its also in a spot noone sees either!

Garrett and Danny, your bikes are both looking good! Nice job(s).

I cleaned mine for the first time in... too long. I was at a local bike night this week to meet up with a new forum memeber named Rick (rsoll) to let him take a gander at my Marks exhaust and Seans seat. I was kinda embarassed to have my 06 all filthy sitting next to his pristine 07 with 1000 miles. Anyways, looking good now.

Also decided to finally remove the second shim my my needles after installing the 162.5 mains.

I think you'll find the full Holeshot exhaust will be flowing more air due to larger diameter pipes vs the stockers and thus pushing more heat out through the pipe. Just my thinking on the process, but since the factory are double walled they may insulate more....bah, now I haven't a clue what might be cooler...:bang head: Hopefully somebody will come along and straighten my thinking out...:worthy:

I have had my holeshot exhaust for a couple of years now, I did not notice anymore heat ? As far as the center stand goes I ground the points off the top so the center stand would not hit the exhaust when going up. I now just throw it on when I work on my bike. I timed it the other day It took less then a minute to put it back on and them remove it with the bolts finger tight.(thats all you need). Your black exhaust looks sweet. I think mine has the shorter cans.

I have had my holeshot exhaust for a couple of years now, I did not notice anymore heat ? As far as the center stand goes I ground the points off the top so the center stand would not hit the exhaust when going up. I now just throw it on when I work on my bike. I timed it the other day It took less then a minute to put it back on and them remove it with the bolts finger tight.(thats all you need). Your black exhaust looks sweet. I think mine has the shorter cans.

hey man, sounds like i'm going to be doing something similar. can u take a couple pics of the center stand. so i have a starting point to see how far i have to go?

i hear ya bill. still waiting on a few answers before i really take her out.

pics...

Looking great Garrett!! They really work well with the frame brace!! :thumbs up:

I think the fumes are normal, mine did the same thing and reminded me of the smells at the NASCAR tracks! I was a little disappointed when it went away.

BTW, I also had to grind a little off the foot pad to get it to clear the can.

hey man, sounds like i'm going to be doing something similar. can u take a couple pics of the center stand. so i have a starting point to see how far i have to go?

sure ,it will be a little bit I have to charge the batteries on the camera.

Finally got around to installing the solid motor mounts thats been sitting in the top of my tool box for close to a year now! Was'nt too bad considering my rear wheel, fuel tank, peg brackets, exhaust cans/mid pipes, etc was not on the bike!
Also removed my chrome OEM crash bars. I liked them, but decided to take them off since they make the bike a little heavier(i'm trying to shave un needed weight off the bike) and they make the bike look wider than it is.
Lastly i test fitted an aftermarket front wheel(for a GSXR1000/Busa). Looks like it'll fit w/ minimal hassle since i already have a USD front end. Just gotta change the spacing a little.
Oh, i also gave my bodywork/scoops to a friend that is gonna paint them for me. Should have them done in a month or so. Can't gripe since its free!

Looking great Garrett!! They really work well with the frame brace!! :thumbs up:

I think the fumes are normal, mine did the same thing and reminded me of the smells at the NASCAR tracks! I was a little disappointed when it went away.

BTW, I also had to grind a little off the foot pad to get it to clear the can.

sounds good danny!

which footpad? passenger? mine are probably 2 inches away from the cans..

sure ,it will be a little bit I have to charge the batteries on the camera.

that'd be much appreciated!

Finally got around to installing the solid motor mounts thats been sitting in the top of my tool box for close to a year now! Was'nt too bad considering my rear wheel, fuel tank, peg brackets, exhaust cans/mid pipes, etc was not on the bike!
Also removed my chrome OEM crash bars. I liked them, but decided to take them off since they make the bike a little heavier(i'm trying to shave un needed weight off the bike) and they make the bike look wider than it is.
Lastly i test fitted an aftermarket front wheel(for a GSXR1000/Busa). Looks like it'll fit w/ minimal hassle since i already have a USD front end. Just gotta change the spacing a little.
Oh, i also gave my bodywork/scoops to a friend that is gonna paint them for me. Should have them done in a month or so. Can't gripe since its free!
Look forward to seeing some pics once you get her painted up and back together Mark.

Brian,

Not doing anything super special on the paint, but i think it'll look pretty good. Gonna be Red/Black. The red will prolly be Candy Apple Red. The black will have some type of pearl in it. Hoping it will look very black w/ just a hint of red metallic in it. My friend is a District Manager(covers 5 states) for Martin Senior Automotive Finishes, which sells Sherwin Williams automotive paint to Paint/Body shops. I don't mind leaving it up to him for the specifics! I just told him what i wanted red and what i wanted black...

I could get a few pics of the front wheel. The whole bike looks a mess right now. Wiring everywhere for the EFI setup. Wheels everywhere cuz i can't make up my dang mind on what i wanna run! Body work off for paint. Should start making some progress in the next few weeks. Nothing earth shattering, just should start comming together.

sounds good danny!

Garrett,

Danny is talking bad the pad on the foot of the centerstand. The pad that touches the floor. Whenever you go to put up the C/S with Marks pipes it will be very close to the can or in some cases may actually touch the can. A little grinder action on the side of the C/S foot will alleviate the problem in a hurry.

sounds good danny!

Garrett,

Danny is talking bad the pad on the foot of the centerstand. The pad that touches the floor. Whenever you go to put up the C/S with Marks pipes it will be very close to the can or in some cases may actually touch the can. A little grinder action on the side of the C/S foot will alleviate the problem in a hurry.

Mike, I was talking about the little 1 1/2" square pad you push down on with your right foot when putting the bike up on the C/S.

Bike went down hard on the left side and bent up a lot of stuff, the C/S foot lever was pushed inboard enough to just barely touch the very outside of the can on the way up & down. I tried bending it back out but that didn't do much so out came the Makita 4" grinder.

Plenty of clearance now! :eusa_dance:

danny

Latest posts

Back