What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to visit my 06 Vmax at mechanics still waiting for exhaust gaskets. I am putting a megaphone UFO exhaust on stage 1 jet kit valve adjustment oil and filter and gear oil change... I can't wait much longer .. Damn yamaha dealers do not stock exhaust gaskets. They are not doing the work but they do not sell aftermarket gaskets so my baby is out of commission right now . Hopefully tomorrow it will be ready. I will post pick after it's all done......

You need to get them to not put the stage 1 kit in. Just put in one size smaller mains or one of our kits and call it good.

Sean

Sean what is the advantage? I already bought the kit and they are installing it but if there is a better way I will change it. I have been checking out your site and there are a lot of things I want. Just have to figure out what to get first. And also let my wife digest the $1500 I just spent. Lol. I wish your shop was closer to Massachusetts

Make sure you get your old carb parts back. Stage 1's are very difficult to get any satisfaction with and you'll need the parts they take out in the future....

Sean what is the advantage? I already bought the kit and they are installing it but if there is a better way I will change it. I have been checking out your site and there are a lot of things I want. Just have to figure out what to get first. And also let my wife digest the $1500 I just spent. Lol. I wish your shop was closer to Massachusetts

hey man i forgot you were nearby, there is a place in northboro which is really good, harry's machine shop... they could get morleys or a stage 7 installed for you, plus have the dyno to tune it. well worth the drive my friend..

gimme a call if you wanna chat or shoot me a PM seven seven 4-292-1049

Yesterday I looked down at the SPEEDO was reading zero while moving. Ugh.

This morning, I took off the headlight unit, cinched down the nut holding the speedo cable to the speedo unit good and proper, and all is good.

Of course, I was an hour late to work ... but at least I could see how fast I was going when I passed those two cars on the way in :)

-GL

Finished my tail unit today and went for a short spin
IMAG0060.jpg

Resting from vacation return last night. Stared at the vmax as I washed the family mini-van. Wondering where my new parts are that I need to install prior to leaving for Thunder In The Valley later this week.....

Oh, and tightened the steering head nut since I had a slight shake at low rpm.....morley video always comes in hand...

Fixed a broken solder joint on the Harlan shift light; works great once again.
Repaired a broken wire for the RF running light; put on a new bullet connector and replaced the broken bulb, works properly now.
The crappy cable lube that I purchased with my cable lubing tool which ended up like thick grease and caused my speedo to fluctuate. I used some different lube (Boeshield t-9) on the cable, hopefully it works better.
I buttoned everything back up and went for a 50 mile run with my brother. I changed my oil once I got home in final preparation for my trip on Tuesday heading to Johnstown, PA..:punk:

Finally installed my new frame braces, but now I need to modify my knee braces to fit properly.....need to fabricate new mounting hardware!

Next comes the black stainless steel hexed engine bolts.....

Attachments

• IMG_5118.jpg
    IMG_5118.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5119.jpg
    IMG_5119.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 16
  • before.jpg
    before.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 19
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 21
oh yea with that mounting bracket for the knee braces thats nto going to work. i had to stick with the big bracket and hose clamps (running same frame braces)

oh yea with that mounting bracket for the knee braces thats nto going to work. i had to stick with the big bracket and hose clamps (running same frame braces)

Hey Garrett,

Didnt you have to modify the top bracket by cutting out the center since the frame brace mounting bolt gets in the way too? So with the bottom mount of the knee guard, how did you mount it to the frame brace with a hose clamp? Where does the mounting screw come into play? Can you post me a picture of your setup?

Many thanks!

4 rubber carb joints arrived today to replace the perished ones I have

Only one problem, I ordered 4x 1FK13595 instead of 1FK13597 :bang head:
when I was ordering I probably dropped down a line on the screen and ordered the wrong part...

More bling, Toxic electrical fix....final Thunder prep!

Attachments

• June 21, 2011 006.jpg
    June 21, 2011 006.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 18
  • June 21, 2011 003.jpg
    June 21, 2011 003.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 17
  • June 21, 2011 004.jpg
    June 21, 2011 004.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 17
Back