What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to flush coolant and while at it remove/clean the starter motor. Man, this thing is dirty. Hope to have it back together tomorrow sometime.

starter1.jpg

starter2.jpg

starter3.jpg

All done. Starter turns over very fast now. The brushes looked good and mic'd to spec but the commutator was very dirty. Used emery paper and contact cleaner so it's nice and shiny now. Also has nice, clean Toyota Red coolant...no leaks!

I'm ready for Hooters now!

How `bout a little paint or , do you like the rusty/rustic look LOL.:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::ummm:
Just kidding bro I`m glad it cranks good, come to think of it
when I pushed the start button this morning it turned once and clanked then it acted like the battery was dead and I needed to jump start it and, it fired right up.
:hmmm::ummm::confused2:
<<:punk:Dave>>

Continued on the learning curve with the EFI system. Had some issues last night and didnt know that when you unplug the system from the bike it loses its throttle position sensor calibration. Tough to ride when the system thinks the throttle is closed all the time, even when the rpms are up. Goes a weeee tiny bit lean when this happens:bang head:. Left me sitting on the side of the road, thanks to TFisher64 who picked me and Toxic up with a trailer, and completely befuddled. A quick call this morning to Buster and a trip with my computer to the bike and viola Toxic is back up and running great. Been tinkering with fuel settings, the accelerator pump settings are next on my agenda, and hoping to get it perfect. Should run great this weekend for the Ontario Chapter Drag Day Sunday at St. Thomas Dragstrip in Sparta, Ontario. Hope to see a bunch of crazy buggers on Max's show up!!:punk:

PS: Will have videos and pics up early next week from the drag day!!

I filled my VMax with 89 octane and got 207 kms on 14 litres. I'll try the same route tomorrow with a higher octane and see if mileage improves.

If I see any pretty girls I'll post pics too just in case someone is dating Miss Michigan.

Blaine

Jealous, pictures or it didn't happen!:biglaugh:

Fuck, I wish! It was insta-chub as soon as we walked in. Heretic can vouch for the visit. Nothing like a 20-something doing hoolahoops.

1.) Called to find out when I could pick up my freshly ceramic coated exhaust, as it had been 8 days and I was told 3-5 days. I was asked : (a) Who I was (b) What exhaust I was even talking about (c) When I dropped it off...

I got the feeling they might have forgot about me, the guy called back half an hour later and told me I could pick it up - IN FIVE MORE DAYS.

2.) Got an Email from Chapters THIRTY FIVE DAYS after ordering, letting me know my Hanes Vmax manual was not in stock. And that they would order it.
I wrote them an explicit hate mail for the delay.
________
Suzuki TL1000S

Last edited:
""I have a problem, however, I think somehow my calipers aren't aligned properly as I get a heavy vibration when braking, as if the rotors weren't flat. Can't work it out yet, I've checked and rechecked but it's still there.. :bang head:
""

I have the exact same problem with my front rotors as you do. Did you buy them off ebay from this guy [tmax500hk] I do know I should have replaced the pads, but didnt this time. The vibration was real bad when I first put them on, so I rotated them a 1/4 turn on the hub and it got a lot better. I still need to pull the wheel and throw the stock rotors on to verify that they are warped, cause I still think they are.

Anyway, I contacted the seller and he said he couldnt give me a refund on the rotors, but said the best he could do was sell me another set for $70 off. Reason being is that they were probably dropped in shipping, cause the package they came in looked like shit and was not boxed properly when I received them. I paid "him" $50 to ship them and he didnt take the time to package the rotors right and says its my problem to contact the post office to make a claim. And to do so I had to have the package that it came in. WTF, I threw the flimsy ass scuffed up cardboard in the trash as soon as I opened it. Regardless, I'm not happy with this rotor seller on ebay and won't buy another set from him, even if he does give me a discount. Good luck with your similar issue!

Last edited by a moderator:
I synched my carbs this morning and installed the missing 'Y' from the air breather (Thanks Morley!)

Now I have a hesitation when cracking the throttle at around 4K. I'm going to remove the 'Y' and see if it goes away.

I synched my carbs this morning and installed the missing 'Y' from the air breather (Thanks Morley!)

Now I have a hesitation when cracking the throttle at around 4K. I'm going to remove the 'Y' and see if it goes away.

Hesitation went away so the 'Y' is staying off the breather :bang head:

Sean, let me know if you would like it back!

I have the exact same problem with my front rotors as you do. Did you buy them off ebay from this guy [tmax500hk] I do know I should have replaced the pads, but didnt this time. The vibration was real bad when I first put them on, so I rotated them a 1/4 turn on the hub and it got a lot better. I still need to pull the wheel and throw the stock rotors on to verify that they are warped, cause I still think they are.

Anyway, I contacted the seller and he said he couldnt give me a refund on the rotors, but said the best he could do was sell me another set for $70 off. Reason being is that they were probably dropped in shipping, cause the package they came in looked like shit and was not boxed properly when I received them. I paid "him" $50 to ship them and he didnt take the time to package the rotors right and says its my problem to contact the post office to make a claim. And to do so I had to have the package that it came in. WTF, I threw the flimsy ass scuffed up cardboard in the trash as soon as I opened it. Regardless, I'm not happy with this rotor seller on ebay and won't buy another set from him, even if he does give me a discount. Good luck with your similar issue!

Normally he's pretty good about his packing. I got a set that arrived in a fir condition box, but the contents were sweet. Myself, Brian, and Jedi all run these rotors and haven't had any issues with them. Get some graphite (no oil!)and lube up the buttons that hold your rotor to the webbing. chances are one or two might be stuck and are causing the rotor not to "float" back in alignment.

I remember when I sold my stock pipes to a guy in France. I packed the ever loving shit out of them. Next thing I see is an email with a picture of a box that looked like it went through WW3. and a nickle sized dent was now on one of the pipes. I ended up giving back a $150 break off the price he bought them for.\

Oh yeah, just to stay on topic, I looked at my max today while I was in the garage. :)

this is what I did and, I did them on the bike:eusa_dance::biglaugh:.
<<Dave>>

Attachments

• 103_3335.jpg
    103_3335.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 103_3336.jpg
    103_3336.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 28
I purchased a set of 1985 engine cases and an oil pump. Same engine I got the crank and pistons from last week. Thanks to all who didn't bid on them:clapping: Might even get to ride it again before the summer is over. :eusa_dance:
Got lightning the past few days and have been working overtime alot. I can see the new gaskets in the near future too. WOO HOO!!!

changed out my mains. think my float level is low. installed my new m/c covers. wondered why my choke lever is sticky. no idea as all the plungers work fine. maybe an allignment issue. no worries since all the carbs work right.

gonna check floats and lower the mains again tomorrow.

ooo and since its SOOOO much fun to unscrew phillips heads from the H covers with frame braces, i put some regular hex bolts on them (not allen heads) with washers. fun

Back