What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had ordered bar end lights for my new handle bars that I placed on a few weeks back. I decided to also change out my grips also with this. I drilled out the end of the new grips to install the bar end lights. After the drilling was done I got the wires feed through the bar, I pre drilled the handle bar to do this. Ran the wires over the tree and down in the left side to all the wiring and relays under the scoop. Wired them in and button it all back up. This is what I did today and now I am going to fuel up and ride it

Attachments

• handlebar end 1.jpg
    handlebar end 1.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 32
  • handle bar end 2.jpg
    handle bar end 2.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 29
  • handle bar end 3.jpg
    handle bar end 3.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 28
  • handle bar end 4.jpg
    handle bar end 4.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 31
  • handle bar end 5.jpg
    handle bar end 5.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 29
  • handle bar end 6.jpg
    handle bar end 6.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 27
bead blasted some parts - pics on public album. will paint and upload more pics soon - next 4 days off, can get lots done!!!

Yesterday (Wednesday) I gleefully received back my bars and top triple. :biglaugh:
Now I can get some hose lengths sorted and get GOING!!!
Other bits should be done on the weekend, so I will be able to get those too.

Also, I got my Superbrace from Bill Kratzenberg. It only took 11 days from the US, $14.75 freight, is in perfect condition, and Bill hasn't taken my money yet!
He said "Let me know when you get it and i will give you my paypal address."
Hell, yesterday was a good day. :eusa_dance: And Bill made it better. Gotta love how good that bloke is!

Today is my last day at work. New job starts on Monday, so I got 4 days to work on my bike! :biglaugh:
And it's only 97'f for the next 2 days!

Yesterday (Wednesday) I gleefully received back my bars and top triple. :biglaugh:
Now I can get some hose lengths sorted and get GOING!!!
Other bits should be done on the weekend, so I will be able to get those too.

Also, I got my Superbrace from Bill Kratzenberg. It only took 11 days from the US, $14.75 freight, is in perfect condition, and Bill hasn't taken my money yet!
He said "Let me know when you get it and i will give you my paypal address."
Hell, yesterday was a good day. :eusa_dance: And Bill made it better. Gotta love how good that bloke is!

Today is my last day at work. New job starts on Monday, so I got 4 days to work on my bike! :biglaugh:
And it's only 97'f for the next 2 days!

bill is definitely a great guy!

Do they also signal?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
They are 2 wire set up so you have your choice to make them turn signals or marker lights. Being that the light from them is washed out in the day time I would not use them as turns. But at night they are pretty bright as you can see from the photo's day light vs dark

Mr Max claimed it wasn't earning enough and asked for a rise..................

So I gave it one.

c6416d2b1bd06be8a9b276b95a87acd2744adb14.jpg

Painted Rear fender parts and Radiator cover grill - pics in my public album.

Noticed I do not have a rear "SUB FENDER" hmmmmm - found one on EBay.

Well I hated the rear reflector that behind the seat between the sissy bars.
I looked on fleabay and found http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vmax-Yamaha-L-E-D-Brake-Light-Tail-Light-DOT-/130643820460?hash=item1e6afa7fac&item=130643820460&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr#ht_502wt_1185
But that price was sin. So I found one like it.
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-88931685881010_2190_366132242
Part # RP1370RD - can be ordered on-line or found at LOVE'S truck stop.
At LOVE'S I paid 9.99. On line it will run anywhere from that and more plus shipping.
---- The spec's on the light -------
4-3/4x1-1/4 Sealed Diamond Lens LED Lamp with 6-1/4 Stainless Steel Base
10 LEDs on Printed Circuit Board for High Visibility LED Technology
2 Wire Connection
Polycarbonate Housing and Lens
2 Screw Mounting without Disassembly
Brightest Safest Light
Unique Cut Lens Maximizes Luminosity
Greater Shock-Resistance for Longer Life
Rated for 100 000 Hours
Low Current Draw
-------------------------
Now it was easy to install, I took the seat off dropped the fender down and took the reflector and where it was mounted to out. The above light is bigger than the reflector so drilled two mount holes and then another to pass the wires through. Tapped in to the brake light wires, so it will function as a 2nd brake light. I did not use the 6-1/4" stainless steel base, it was too big and not really needed. Put all back together and took photo's of my DIY project.

Attachments

• P5120272.jpg
    P5120272.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 12
  • P5120271.jpg
    P5120271.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 12
  • P5120273.jpg
    P5120273.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 12
  • P5120002.jpg
    P5120002.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 7
  • P5120003.jpg
    P5120003.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 7
  • P5120004.jpg
    P5120004.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Started it up after getting it shipped cross country. After letting it idle for a bit sounded good as ever.

Now to see about fixing up my scoops. I.e. painting them. One of the cheapes things I can think of to do and also pretty simple.

Dropping batch 1 of 2 off at the powder coater today.
Had the anodizing stipped from the R1 spots.
Taking small steps towards making it road ready :eusa_dance:

Still got a lot of sanding and polishing to do before the rest will be ready to coat. :bang head:

Still got a lot of sanding and polishing to do before the rest will be ready to coat. :bang head:

Yay!

who's doing your powder coating?

Great news Mike! I cannot not wait to see the finished product!
My mod season is moving along, albeit slowly for now, it should pick up in a hurry in March though!
That reminds me, I have a box on the kitchen table to open!:eusa_dance:

EDIT: Thank-you Sean! They look great!

Last edited:
Fitted drag bars. Got braided hoses and fitted them. Bled front brakes. Adjusted steering bearings. Connected throttle cable. Fitted mirrors, fork brace and fender.

Fitted drag bars. Got braided hoses and fitted them. Bled front brakes. Adjusted steering bearings. Connected throttle cable. Fitted mirrors, fork brace and fender.
Piece by piece you are getting there, soon you'll be tearing up the tarmac!:punk::punk:
My riding season is about 2 months from now...Maybe next year I'll be ready for a mid-winter Daytona trip!:coolgleamA:

Installed new battery, footpegs, airbox mounted, luggage rack/backrest/rear seat.... Getting closer. First startup attempt will be tomorrow night. Wish me luck.

Took it around the block when I returned I noticed the license plate didn't arrive with me! Both tabs broke - shouldn't go anywhere now.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back