What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Installed new shocks. Progressive 412's Stock shock was leaking and $500++ + for the 440's is too rich for my wallet having just bought a new 75 gal water heater and a Great Dane puppy :eusa_dance:

Lew
I love double posts, that way, you can catch what you may have missed in the first one LOL>:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
<<Dave>>:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200: Whats up Lew.??

that sucks pickles!

i brought my rear hub spline to have the steel sleeves that fit in the rubber dampers to be tacked to the pins of the actual drive spline. they keep coming off and rolling around. only have 5 of them, not sure wha thappened to the 6th, but they guy said hes gonna try to do something for me. if not, 5 is close enough.

i also dropped my mains to 160's. hopefully that will help. couldn't test it tho (see above), but the carbs are on and all sync'd....

from looking at the bike until i was done cleaning my tools up was 1 hr 10 minutes to change the mains. not bad considering it took me like 6 hrs last weekend.

also gonna start a new thread, but my screws that tighten all teh clamps are starting to get boogered. wonder if anyone has ever replaced with allenheads.

took out the main jets and took pics of them to send to Sean.
I`m still waiting for my two days:th_tongue::(
<<Dave>>

Sorry man.... 3 days a week I'm dropping off and picking up kids, the other 2 days are subject to nice weather as I don't need to ride in the rain so I don't. Besides, cleaning it is a bitch after getting into the wet stuff.
:clapping:

that sucks pickles!

i brought my rear hub spline to have the steel sleeves that fit in the rubber dampers to be tacked to the pins of the actual drive spline. they keep coming off and rolling around. only have 5 of them, not sure wha thappened to the 6th, but they guy said hes gonna try to do something for me. if not, 5 is close enough.

i also dropped my mains to 160's. hopefully that will help. couldn't test it tho (see above), but the carbs are on and all sync'd....

from looking at the bike until i was done cleaning my tools up was 1 hr 10 minutes to change the mains. not bad considering it took me like 6 hrs last weekend.

also gonna start a new thread, but my screws that tighten all teh clamps are starting to get boogered. wonder if anyone has ever replaced with allenheads.

Hey Garret
I know Mark does it and every single phillips on my carbs have been replaced with allen heads.:biglaugh:

[/COLOR]

Hey Garret
I know Mark does it and every single phillips on my carbs have been replaced with allen heads.:biglaugh:

yea clamps are next. looks like their 4mm x .8mm x 25/30 mm

just trying to confirm thats on all 12 connections (2x per carb/manifold boot - 1x per airbox boot). also curious, there is a little brass spacer in there, so i need to figure out hwo to make sure that doesn't fall all over the place., esp if i try to get them in there w/out taking the carbs off... ugh.. more to do.

Sorry man.... 3 days a week I'm dropping off and picking up kids, the other 2 days are subject to nice weather as I don't need to ride in the rain so I don't. Besides, cleaning it is a bitch after getting into the wet stuff.
:clapping:
Yeah I know what you mean,
I suppose that in a couple weeks when school starts out here I`ll be picking up and dropping off the kids and I don`t ride in the rain anymore either as polished alum. looks like shit with water spots on it.
<<Dave>>:punk:

yea clamps are next. looks like their 4mm x .8mm x 25/30 mm

just trying to confirm thats on all 12 connections (2x per carb/manifold boot - 1x per airbox boot). also curious, there is a little brass spacer in there, so i need to figure out hwo to make sure that doesn't fall all over the place., esp if i try to get them in there w/out taking the carbs off... ugh.. more to do.

4mm x .8 ?? You sure? That is not a "typical" size. I can help with 4mm x.7 x 30mm long. It only has 20mm of thread tho, not threaded the entire length of shaft. I'm sure that would be OK tho since the spacers go on anyway. PM me if interested.

They can be had in either regular or button head hex. Button head is 2x the amount tho. And not what should be used in this application IMO. Both are A2 stainless

For what it's worth, Irfan from Wildhairaccessories offered me a full refund as soon as I contacted him. He even offered an alternative MEK set he knows will fit. I ordered MEK levers and he's refunding the difference. Nice guy. I've been dealing with him for the better part of 9 years.

4mm x .8 ?? You sure? That is not a "typical" size. I can help with 4mm x.7 x 30mm long. It only has 20mm of thread tho, not threaded the entire length of shaft. I'm sure that would be OK tho since the spacers go on anyway. PM me if interested.

They can be had in either regular or button head hex. Button head is 2x the amount tho. And not what should be used in this application IMO. Both are A2 stainless

i couldn't find a 4mm x .8mm either, only .7mm

heres the thread here:

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?p=96568#post96568

need to figure out what size first, then i'll shoot ya a PM? thnx for the offer bro. how do u have access to all these bolts?

Installed the easternbeaver hi/low headlight relay wiring harness.

The difference is like night and day!

dropped my mains to 160s. 85%+ humidity yesterday and today isn't helping.

No so much my Max, but a friend of mine's max.

I changed the fluids, rear tire, Air filter. Checked and re-gapped the plugs where needed and then did a brake job. Replaced a missing bolt from the rear brake torque arm, then reassembled everything.

Discovered a new use for an old tripod. It hold the Carb sync tool perfectly :clapping:

Attachments

• Vmaxii.jpg
    Vmaxii.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Vmaxii_2.jpg
    Vmaxii_2.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 27
Left it in the garage....

Too F^%*^*&%^% hot to ride.....:damn angry:

serviced my front brake light switch so it works like new again.

Thought about riding but still to hungover from last night..

Now THAT'S a party.....still hungover at 830 PM:biglaugh: the next night:eusa_dance:

Back