What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moved it out to the middle of the garage....waiting for a couple parts to put back on it and then if it ever stops snowing I might be able to ride it before June hahahah

I shoveled the snow from around the back of the trailer where Redbone is snuggled in with her heater. It's raining now so hopefully the snow will go fast!
I also shoveled out the garage door. then I unloaded the BMW and tucked it away in the garage. My sister and her dog Princess should be arriving later today so the unloading work will begin Friday/ Saturday.
BTW we are getting rain now and looking at a possible 5-8" of :snow: over the next day or so. Mother Nature having some fun with us this year! Good thing it will melt fast!
Looking at the weather channel I'm glad I'm here and not trying to drive down I-80 in the Nebraska/ Iowa section, looking like their getting some weather now!

Went to our local Hooters bike nite, Had about 160 show up this week, had a decent band too, but also had a rain looking overcast so I think some stayed away

Installed mid, clutch, & cooling pump clear covers. Stator wil go on when it arrives

Attachments

• IMAG0109.jpg
    IMAG0109.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMAG0110.jpg
    IMAG0110.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMAG0111.jpg
    IMAG0111.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMAG0112.jpg
    IMAG0112.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMAG0113.jpg
    IMAG0113.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMAG0114.jpg
    IMAG0114.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 27
ynurysur.jpg
S.O.B. stung 2 times right above my eye while cruising home on the bike, Dam this hurts and my eye is swelling bad
Ouch it swelled shut

Last edited:
Drilled holes in it!

Appropriate weighted straight rate springs from RaceTech and their cartridge emulators have made the straight line bike able to take a corner. It was a bit below 40 on my ride home yesterday so I didn't spend too much time finding the new limits of the bike, but damn what a difference over 80's damping rod tech.

Finding new ways to save weight by removing some of unnecessary parts.

Then drilling holes in a perfectly good motorcycle:

Also lowered the bike down an inch in the process.

RaceTech recommended 3 5/8" holes for the install on the 06. Expanding the existing and then 2 additional ones. Per the instructions the 2 hole install is typically for smaller forks. Maybe they find it sufficient for the 40mm older gen forks, but they seemed pretty serious about killing this rod for the 43mm :O

As a side note: Yamaha dealers blow balls. I had new seals, dust rings, snap rings on order for over a week. Still didn't arrive and I had my buddy all set to give me a hand with this in his garage yesterday. After a bit of cross referencing I found that fork seals for certain years of Triumph's Rocket III and Daytona 650 are the same size. The big euro-dealer in my area actually had some in stock and ready to go. So my max is part Triumph now.

Drilled holes in it!

Appropriate weighted straight rate springs from RaceTech and their cartridge emulators have made the straight line bike able to take a corner. It was a bit below 40 on my ride home yesterday so I didn't spend too much time finding the new limits of the bike, but damn what a difference over 80's damping rod tech.

Finding new ways to save weight by removing some of unnecessary parts.

Then drilling holes in a perfectly good motorcycle:

Also lowered the bike down an inch in the process.

RaceTech recommended 3 5/8" holes for the install on the 06. Expanding the existing and then 2 additional ones. Per the instructions the 2 hole install is typically for smaller forks. Maybe they find it sufficient for the 40mm older gen forks, but they seemed pretty serious about killing this rod for the 43mm :O

As a side note: Yamaha dealers blow balls. I had new seals, dust rings, snap rings on order for over a week. Still didn't arrive and I had my buddy all set to give me a hand with this in his garage yesterday. After a bit of cross referencing I found that fork seals for certain years of Triumph's Rocket III and Daytona 650 are the same size. The big euro-dealer in my area actually had some in stock and ready to go. So my max is part Triumph now.

Let me know how it turns out, Ive got an 07 so I might follow your recipe if it turns out well.

Thank you

PC'ing a bunch of stuff, rebuild carbs, replace fork seals & replace gas tank...and all the other "things" that pop up when tearing something down...

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 12
had to retorque the bearings in the triple tree and swap out a defective bar end mirror on the left side again, they keep coming loose where the mirror attaches to the arm. a thanks to dingy again for making the awesome spanner wrench for the nuts on the tree

had to retorque the bearings in the triple tree and swap out a defective bar end mirror on the left side again, they keep coming loose where the mirror attaches to the arm. a thanks to dingy again for making the awesome spanner wrench for the nuts on the tree

That was the very first thing that I bought off of ebay for the bike....I had the 45mph wobble. It is a great tool isnt it?

I know the feeling about drilling the holes on the fork tubes I think I read it a couple of times to make sure I didn't screw it up and making sure the valves went in right.
footnote, did you get your panels back on the bike yet would like the see them, they look good

Latest posts

Back