What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen any for the Vmax yet, only HD's
A while back, I photoshopped a Vmax to see how it would look :)

infinitycasecovers.jpg

I'm still loving my Morley clear covers though :punk:

colorclearcovers.jpg

p1040202.jpg

p1040204j.jpg

KJ, yea, your the one who put this in my head in the first place, lol, but I'm pretty sure I can fit the one I show here to my bike. The company emailed me with the dimensions and they said: the mounting plate was 3" and the outer diameter is 3 1/2" so it should sit pretty good at either the middle gear or waterpump covers. Only bad thing is that one is like $180 but if it's built well it would be worth it. Maybe...

I took my carbs and vboost off, runs heaps better!:ummm:
But really, had to replace The gasket under the pencil case.
All done. No more leak.
New coolant.
And changed the engine and diff oil.
Happy.:eusa_dance:

Put zx14 voltage regulator on front of battery box. Took out gas tank, drilled out leaking and striped drain bolt, re-taped threads, put in new stainless allen bolt with Teflon tape, put gas tank back in bike. Put wave rotor on rear while rear wheel was off.

I put a galfer on mine and it had banjos on both ends and plenty long to run it out of the bottom of the slave and up the bottom of the engine & up the frame tube and bleed it the best with a needle injector at the slave cyl.

I looked at my clutch fluid routing system. I bought a cable and a couple of kits but I'm not sure about all those steel pipes connected by hoses. This cable looks like it goes from the handle bar directly to the slave cylinder and bypasses all that plumbing. WTF. it will never run again anyway

LOL, I've never been one to be the instigator for the monkey :stir pot:

fsq3.jpg

KJ, no, lol, you've been working with that furry little bastard before, don't you remember that drawing you sent me. Just look about a foot above the clutch cover at those plates that used to have just holes in them but now look like flames! That was your idea too! They just happen to be off right now but wow! How soon we forget! I'm starting to think you sit way up north with puppet strings having the monkey run amuck down here. Lol, then you send another picture with more ideas with the evidence looking you right in the face! Those would look cool as shit! If you get a chance I'd like to have that pic like that but with the whole bike just to have. I'm just gonna have to see if its really possible to really do it. Thanks again KJ, but I just had to remind you. That little furry ass is so slick he works thru people sometimes unnoticed. Ed

I took the LED strip off the front fork and made a new design for the front wheel light. Here's a pic
suzebuhe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5✨

KJ, no, lol, you've been working with that furry little bastard before, don't you remember that drawing you sent me. Just look about a foot above the clutch cover at those plates that used to have just holes in them but now look like flames! That was your idea too! They just happen to be off right now but wow! How soon we forget! I'm starting to think you sit way up north with puppet strings having the monkey run amuck down here. Lol, then you send another picture with more ideas with the evidence looking you right in the face! Those would look cool as shit! If you get a chance I'd like to have that pic like that but with the whole bike just to have. I'm just gonna have to see if its really possible to really do it. Thanks again KJ, but I just had to remind you. That little furry ass is so slick he works thru people sometimes unnoticed. Ed

I have an idea to make them. It will be more of a separate piece to attach to the covers, instead of part of the covers itself.

Later on tonight, I'll see if I still have a large picture of your bike back when we were playing around with the rake. Putting the infinity mirror on it would be cake.

Polished my Marks/Morley exhaust. Was going to get them ceramic coated but Sean mentioned He had trouble with longevity in the past. Got to looking into it and found a metric butt ton of ppl complaining about it so I got out the sandpaper instead. It went something like this:

Raw - well, not THAT bad; just doesn't really compliment the bike.
150 grit - Holy god in heaven, what did I do to my pipes!
220 grit - Not looking better
320 grit - still not looking better
400 grit - this is never going to look better
500 grit - My arm is sore, how many more grits do i have??
600 grit- Hey, this looks better! Not good, but better.
800 grit - This, this is.. how many more pieces do i have to do?!?
1000 grit - I wonder what's the deductible on worn out elbows...
1500 grit - I wonder if anyone makes flapper wheels this fine...
2000 grit - Just. a. few. more. strokes. hehe that what she said...
Mag polish - I AM THE MAN! wait, how many more pieces do I have to do?!?

I have an idea to make them. It will be more of a separate piece to attach to the covers, instead of part of the covers itself.

Later on tonight, I'll see if I still have a large picture of your bike back when we were playing around with the rake. Putting the infinity mirror on it would be cake.

Sounds good buddy, and yea, for sure if you do make any of those I'd gladly buy them. The only ones I saw are those I posted earlier and at $180 for just the 3 1/2" ones that Kuryakyn makes I'm definetly looking for a less expensive option. But, DAMN! Those would look soo frikkin badass I'd really like to put them on. That would REALLY put my bike "over the top" as they say. And I'd appreciate if you could do that on a full pic of the bike. Then I can print it out and have an example to look at as inspiration! Thanks again KJ! You da man!! Ed

Pulled off the cover and started it first time in a month. Home from Cali for the weekend. I hope I have time to ride it tomorrow. Seems like all I do when I come home lately is "fix shit" (honey dew's...but nary a melon)

It started on the first turn over with the choke. I never use fuel stabilizer either. 10% ethanol gas here....

You cant get any better than the OTEC billet covers. They are billet aluminum to OEM specifications and then add the clear side covers for that special BLING!!!:punk::punk::punk:

As to pro's and con's....Only positive reviews here since they are direct replacements. They come in aluminum and black anodised. I know several people who have polished the aluminum too for an awesome show. Now I need to figure out what to do with the clutch to make it stand out more. To chrome or powdercoat the spring is thy question....

Nothing negitive about this covers except for the hole they left in my pocket!

Exactrep has a winter special going on right now with the entire 4 clear covers at a great savings....

Thanks for the info, man here we go again looks like I may be putting them on may to buy list....

I got my FZR wheel back after waiting almost three weeks for the shop to get the right size bearings to put in it so I can get my axle spacers made so I can.... so I can.....

Also, I got a nice little envelope from Sean, so I'll get to tear into some carbs this week and get things cleaned up and changed out.

Polished my Marks/Morley exhaust. Was going to get them ceramic coated but Sean mentioned He had trouble with longevity in the past. Got to looking into it and found a metric butt ton of ppl complaining about it so I got out the sandpaper instead. It went something like this:

Raw - well, not THAT bad; just doesn't really compliment the bike.
150 grit - Holy god in heaven, what did I do to my pipes!
220 grit - Not looking better
320 grit - still not looking better
400 grit - this is never going to look better
500 grit - My arm is sore, how many more grits do i have??
600 grit- Hey, this looks better! Not good, but better.
800 grit - This, this is.. how many more pieces do i have to do?!?
1000 grit - I wonder what's the deductible on worn out elbows...
1500 grit - I wonder if anyone makes flapper wheels this fine...
2000 grit - Just. a. few. more. strokes. hehe that what she said...
Mag polish - I AM THE MAN! wait, how many more pieces do I have to do?!?

Lots of work but I bet it's going to look killer!

Started tearing her apart for winter work: COPS, valve cover gaskets and valve adjustment, new front springs, possibly steering head bearings, carb work, new rubber boots for everything on the intake tract, new to me gas tank and tail section, possibly some paint work and maybe some gauges, braided lines and r1 calipers. And maybe if i get bored some custom mufflers made from a yoshimura rs-3 muffler. Odds are good ill be hitting Sean up for some stuff too, lol.

Started tearing her apart for winter work: COPS, valve cover gaskets and valve adjustment, new front springs, possibly steering head bearings, carb work, new rubber boots for everything on the intake tract, new to me gas tank and tail section, possibly some paint work and maybe some gauges, braided lines and r1 calipers. And maybe if i get bored some custom mufflers made from a yoshimura rs-3 muffler. Odds are good ill be hitting Sean up for some stuff too, lol.

Good thing your starting now:eusa_dance:

Sounds good buddy, and yea, for sure if you do make any of those I'd gladly buy them. The only ones I saw are those I posted earlier and at $180 for just the 3 1/2" ones that Kuryakyn makes I'm definetly looking for a less expensive option. But, DAMN! Those would look soo frikkin badass I'd really like to put them on. That would REALLY put my bike "over the top" as they say. And I'd appreciate if you could do that on a full pic of the bike. Then I can print it out and have an example to look at as inspiration! Thanks again KJ! You da man!! Ed
Let me first say: I have never Stolen a Vehicle in my Life.
That being said, if you keep adding Bling to yours, I'll seriously consider making yours my First !!! :punk: :biglaugh: :punk:

@ KJ,
Great Photoshop job on that Picture.
Those covers would look Amazing on Ed's Max !!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back