What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BD, here is a Vmax with the flashing brake lights mounted in the reflector location:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5feH0jnscw

Funny, I remember seeing that red bike around somewhere.....
Oh well, for anyone using the Signal Dynamics Back OFF-XP module (sold by Custom Dynamics), don't forget about the optional circuit that's included, the Motorcycle Emergency Flasher or Automobile Back-Up Flasher.
I've set up mine to flash small LED light bars at the stem and stern of the bike, switched at the dash panel, and hooked direct to the battery.
The idea was to replace the "park" function of the ignition switch. Much less current draw, and a steady flash function for better visibility.
Cheers!
Yep, and the 1st photo was taken in a place you should remember too! It was where we found your oil cap lazily sunning itself on top of your engine case not doing it's job of keeping oil in your motor!:biglaugh:

Today ... pulled the swingarm; pulled the yoke; pulled the freak'n flip'n D shaped (yes really) rear seal that's been so good at coating the left side of the rear tire with oil. It was pretty clear that the seal was mangled when it was installed and finding it this way was pretty sad. Gotta wonder whether or how that seal ever kept oil where it belonged.

While the swingarm and final drive were out I degreased, sanded of the corrosion, prepped and sprayed them a glorious flat black.

So ... if I can find an appropriate C clip to replace the one I broke today ... she'll be back in business Sunday.

Cleaned and rebuilt my new to me R1 brake calipers (thanks Dave! they look great after a good cleaning), got em put on and the old brake lines removed, braided lines to be installed tomorrow night. Put random bits and pieces back on, took other bits and pieces off, did more engine detailing and had a test sit on it to see how the progressive shocks reacted.

image.jpgHas anyone had ground clearance issue since going to radial tyres.
I'm starting to grind my headers.:ummm:

I am jealous !!!! soon I can feel it :clapping:

What? A nice day in the 60's and you didnt take out your new 2009 bike? Pathetic :worthy: I took mine out for awhile and it was running good.....:eusa_dance:
Today is another day and yes, its going to come out again for a ride too :punk:

Now get your butt in gear and get that bike out of the garage to ride!!!

What? A nice day in the 60's and you didnt take out your new 2009 bike? Pathetic :worthy: I took mine out for awhile and it was running good.....:eusa_dance:
Today is another day and yes, its going to come out again for a ride too :punk:

Now get your butt in gear and get that bike out of the garage to ride!!!

You a funny guy Mike why don't you ride over here and see why I don't ride.. Hint MY RODE IS A FARKIN MESS OF A MUDHOLE WITH A COW FARM ON HILLSIDE COW PEE AND POO PROBABLY I'M SURE RUNOFF IN MY ROAD.. I 'm looking into a covered trailer that way I can hitch and go.. My road is only 4/10 of a mile but some sloppy bullshit ... Thats why my 85' vette only has 28,000 miles on it. Detailing mud with poo is a bitch..

View attachment 41753Has anyone had ground clearance issue since going to radial tyres.
I'm starting to grind my headers.:ummm:
What is your setup? What other changes did you do, if any?
Here is my setup: Mark's pipes (4 into 2)/ 18" Carrozzeria wheels/ extended my swingarm by 3". The lower shock mounts, moved forward on the longer arm into roughly the same location as stock location when measured from the swingarm pivot/ stock length (13") shocks in the rear/ stock forks lowered 1" (progressive kit). Tires are 120/70 18 front and 200/50 18 rear, both Shinko 011 Verge's.
I've not had any issues dragging the pipes either on driveway approaches or in cornering.

Well my day started yesterday. But I removed stock exhaust. Lets just say it wanted to say on the bike for another 24 years.. I pulled off swing arm, planned on painting it, once I cleaned it I said good enough. I fought with the engine mounts for about another 2 hours. I ended up installing the Solid mounts today. I also got about half of my NEW UFO drag exhaust in, would have finished it if the wife wasn't bugging me. Well too dark to mess around in the shed tonight so, hopefully tomorrow. I also took off my sissy bar for the stock grab bar. About to order new Avon back tire. Its been a busy weekend, sad I didn't get everything done today. I also had a custom Aluminium brake linkage made, new Aluminium brake and clutch reservoir covers. Oakland Raider inlet covers for the scoops. As well as getting my scoops polished on a buffer wheel. I need to order new brake pads tomorrow..... Money Money Money... and She wants more.....Does anyone have a supercharger they want to give me????? Oh does anyone have pictures for the 4-1 drag exhaust installation? It is a pain also doing or trying to do this in my shed. " Update" Ufo exhaust installed, you have to actually read the installation instructions.. I read stuff that was not written in. I will say that Mike from UFO was great helping me. They also have me a hell of a deal on the 4-1... Still waiting on tire, brake pads, and seat from Sean.

Last edited:
Started the nightmare of bleeding my new Galfer lines n R1 calipers... my God grant me patience and my wallet grant me beers cuz im gonna need plenty of both for this one...

Started the nightmare of bleeding my new Galfer lines n R1 calipers... my God grant me patience and my wallet grant me beers cuz im gonna need plenty of both for this one...

I used my wife flavor injector to bleed my brakes front rear and clutch.

I did the front in 13min total time about 1 hour....

Latest posts

Back