What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It didn't all happen today, but today I got out there for my first good ride. Tell me what you guys think of my new color? It's black, with a red pearl in the clear and some metal flake in the paint. All done, it looks cherry. It was what I wanted and the painter delivered.Depending on the light and angle, it looks different.
Steve-o

Looks great!

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Not specifically today, but this week I painted my backrest with black Plasti-Dip, upgraded to a '05 Zx10 R/R and did the Cbr taillight mod.
7834DBBA-C132-4588-84E4-BE59817143FC.jpg

7067B16D-CEE6-4D05-837A-627CEE088DE9.jpg

07FB04D8-584A-4375-AD3E-738CBF8E73C7.jpg

Later, Doug

Plasti dip is the business! Looks good!

Went for an awesome ride in the twisties with some friends and met another cruiser rider with a pretty sweet triumph. The ducati guys suggested that I set the pace at the front because they thought I'd go slow (they were wrong) I wound up waiting 10 minutes at the top of the mountain for them to catch up.

Attachments

• tmp_IMG_20140609_202607-39993142.jpg
    tmp_IMG_20140609_202607-39993142.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 45
Got my jetting all sorted out and she screams! Now if only i could find a dyno in the area to get some numbers....

Install new led head light bulb, I have not check it at night yet. Low seem a little but low install - bulbs side by side hook up to the battery seems brighter. High is very brighter... I pick them up off of amazon.com

The amp draw is a lot lower than the stock type bulbs. Most of my lights are leds now. My volts now with all lights brake light and the fan running - 14.3..

I made this little rod tool for my stock shocks adjustments...

When I bought the bike a few years ago half the exhaust packing was gone towards the head pipe. I had some exhaust rap light over so I used it to rap my baffle I was shock to see still intact.. I bought 60 feet header rap off amazon.

I was inspired by your headlight mod and tried the same, the only difference is that I'm currently running dual H1 projectors and the bulb is smaller than your H4. The SMD LED isn't as bright as the HID but much easier to wire up.

One other thing I noticed today is that the motor runs much smoother - no hickups or random surges, I wonder if the ballast was messing with my ignition circuit :ummm: Still, I'm going to keep one HID on the high beam, just for the extra output when I need it

For fun, here's the history of bulbs I've used on Max

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

I was inspired by your headlight mod and tried the same, the only difference is that I'm currently running dual H1 projectors and the bulb is smaller than your H4. The SMD LED isn't as bright as the HID but much easier to wire up.

One other thing I noticed today is that the motor runs much smoother - no hickups or random surges, I wonder if the ballast was messing with my ignition circuit :ummm: Still, I'm going to keep one HID on the high beam, just for the extra output when I need it

For fun, here's the history of bulbs I've used on Max

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Nice, I started replace my bulb lights to leds. About 3 weeks ago. My draw / volts pull is a lot less now with me fan on and all lights on. Volts at idle 14.2 to 14.3 now.

Attachments

• vmax front bulb 2.jpg
    vmax front bulb 2.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 23
  • vmax front bulb.jpg
    vmax front bulb.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 24
It didn't all happen today, but today I got out there for my first good ride. Tell me what you guys think of my new color? It's black, with a red pearl in the clear and some metal flake in the paint. All done, it looks cherry. It was what I wanted and the painter delivered.Depending on the light and angle, it looks different.
Steve-o

Nice paint job. cool looking bike to...

Man that plasti dip is the shit! Nice job. I just spent a couple of days wet sanding and polishing mine I like the way mine looks now but maybe i'll think of using that stuff next time.

You can always spray plasti dip over your pretty paint so that it is protected for special occasions, the rubber will keep rocks and bugs from scratching/chipping your fancy paint and it looks pretty sweet, plus it peels off without hurting your paint

finished my vmax/virago backrest .
used vmax backrest sides, virago grab rail.
then mounted a pad to the virago rail. The lil women loves it.
says she don't feel like she's gonna fall off.

(I WILL POST PICS WHEN I GET A CHANCE)

finished my vmax/virago backrest .
used vmax backrest sides, virago grab rail.
then mounted a pad to the virago rail. The lil women loves it.
says she don't feel like she's gonna fall off.

(I WILL POST PICS WHEN I GET A CHANCE)

Do post it! I have a virago rail just waiting for some free time. Curious on what pad you used or if you just fabbed the pad?

We are doing 2 different versions right now and not sure how much longer the upholsterer will have them. Hopefully ready for sale in the next month or so.

Not specifically today, but this week I painted my backrest with black Plasti-Dip, upgraded to a '05 Zx10 R/R and did the Cbr taillight mod.
7834DBBA-C132-4588-84E4-BE59817143FC.jpg

7067B16D-CEE6-4D05-837A-627CEE088DE9.jpg

07FB04D8-584A-4375-AD3E-738CBF8E73C7.jpg

Later, Doug

Wow that's cool nice job... What brand plastic dip you used. I may like to try this on some other parts I have.

Wow that's cool nice job... What brand plastic dip you used. I may like to try this on some other parts I have.

I used "Plasti Dip" brand that is available at hardware stores. I used not quite one 11oz can of Matte Black. I did four coats following the directions and still have a little bit left in the can.

All I did for prep was wipe down the upright which was chrome, and scuffed up the brackets with some steel wool as they were poorly painted by a PO and a wire brush where the factory clear was peeling and oxidizing underneath that.

Later, Doug

Plasti dip holds up pretty well...
I sprayed parts on my truck a few years ago and still looks great today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding the plasti dip. Be careful of you intended use. I ran out an sprayed my sissy bar and rack after I saw how good these look. Well, I can tell you mine haven't held up well, but I have the habit of bungee'ng loads to the sissy bar and rack. Prep'd them with 400 grit wet sand and acetone wipe.

It looked fabulous till the first, then second then third loads got bungeed.

Regarding the plasti dip. Be careful of you intended use. I ran out an sprayed my sissy bar and rack after I saw how good these look. Well, I can tell you mine haven't held up well, but I have the habit of bungee'ng loads to the sissy bar and rack. Prep'd them with 400 grit wet sand and acetone wipe.

It looked fabulous till the first, then second then third loads got bungeed.

Let me guess, it was peeling?

Back