What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found out this evening that I need to attach a set of these to Woona...

gmm-cwb-72wb%20assy%202.jpg

or I need to be a bit more conservative on my launches lol
twilightblush.png

Is this the '90 or '95?

90', gonna go back to stock mains this week if weather allows me to move bikes around.. Super happy to see 35 MPG, wonder if it might get to 40.....????? Muscle airbox, needles 2 clip from blunt- don't remember which mains I put in in April after messing with electrical gremlin for like 2 months lol. Exhaust is UFO4-1 with 2 1/2" megaphone. I messed with pj air1 Saturday, bike ran way worse. Had too much going on due to a large tree branch landing on neighbors car. So my work wasn't up to par with little things.. Thought I tightened header bolts... Lol nope left 2 loose, loose enough they came out before I made it 60 miles away.. Makes a good exhaust and engine sound like shit...I did have a guy ask me how I keep a back tire on the bike, and if the run as strong as they used to..

You don't need radials to make the trip. I'll be doing the same-ish trip again, but with more sightseeing. I'll do the whole east coast with you, too. I'm down for whatever. Big latitude change is a trick.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Checked my plugs after going full throttle and the butt dyno saying somethings not right. I think im gonna switch to 152.5 mains from 150's and drop my needles to 3rd clip from blunt from 3.5. I know i should hit a dyno but i just dont have the time for it, gotta trust my butt for the time being, lol.

Attachments

• CAM00348.jpg
    CAM00348.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 25
That plug looks good to me. I'm currently at 152.5s and 3rd clip. Running pretty good there. I think I may play with open vboost just cause!
Dale

add me as a friend, sorry .. I had someone else say that. I know there is a box down at the bottom of the screen that asks are you sure you want to send even if they are not a friend.. My in box isn't close to being full, I deleted everything a couple of months ago by mistake...lol

Put in a new Apex 420 CCA battery. Put it on the charger a while and let it sit overnight. Reading a decent 12.9 volts. It cranks noticeably better now. The charging system tested up to snuff at 13.9 @idle, good enough. The 4 pole starter is staying in the box until I lay her up for a bit or do some related maintenence.To nice out to wrench for longer than a few minutes.
Steve

Put in a new Apex 420 CCA battery. Put it on the charger a while and let it sit overnight. Reading a decent 12.9 volts. It cranks noticeably better now. The charging system tested up to snuff at 13.9 @idle, good enough. The 4 pole starter is staying in the box until I lay her up for a bit or do some related maintenence.To nice out to wrench for longer than a few minutes.
Steve

Good deal.. and changing the starter is almost a easy task.. damn radiator and it's hoses...tight fit...

Good deal.. and changing the starter is almost a easy task.. damn radiator and it's hoses...tight fit...

I've never done one with the motor in the frame, out is a breeze. It's tight for sure. I'm thinking the t-stat housing might have to be removed along with the radiator hoses. Those bolts like to seize and break. I'd rather spend this fine day riding, then tackle it later. I'll see how the new batt. effects the hot start, and if the 4 pole starter is even needed now.

I ran out of blasting media, and have building inspectors coming for finals the rest of the week, so I don't think I'll be able to finish it right away. Getting there, though. I have a powdercoated set of valve covers, so I'm not gonna bother cleaning these now.

Update: we passed the Electrical final inspection today for the 16 month long renovation of our home, glad it's coming to a close. I have a revamped two-car garage w/plenty of electrical outlets, 110/220 V, I bought a new workbench, 8' long; and I have a ~300+ sq ft loft for storage.

Update #2: today was the Plumbing final inspection, passed, and I think that's it, I'll have to check the city website to ensure all permits are closed now. I have found it advantageous to keep my hard copies of the inspection documents, and the permit card, to settle any differences of opinion later. The GC project manager is coming by in the mornng for the final draw. After that, I'm gonna get to the silica sand dealer for more blasting media, and try to finish stripping and painting the engine.

What brands and color names are you using? I've already bought my color, just wondering what others are using.

Attachments

• engine no. 3A.JPG
    engine no. 3A.JPG
    178.5 KB · Views: 32
  • engine no. 3B.JPG
    engine no. 3B.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 33
  • engine no. 3C.JPG
    engine no. 3C.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
I ran out of blasting media, and have building inspectors coming for finals the rest of the week, so I don't think I'll be able to finish it right away. Getting there, though. I have a powdercoated set of valve covers, so I'm not gonna bother cleaning these now.

Update: we passed the Electrical final inspection today for the 16 month long renovation of our home, glad it's coming to a close. I have a revamped two-car garage w/plenty of electrical outlets, 110/220 V, I bought a new workbench, 8' long; and I have a ~300+ sq ft loft for storage.

I think I am holding out painting engine on my 90 until it hits 100k... I would like to make it look nice but, I don't have room to paint it unless it's done in the frame..

SDT, my upgrading the starter was one of the best things I have done to my bike. It always gave me issues once it was hot, I had even taken it apart and cleaned the connections on the 2 pole. It lasted less than a month..

'Shoria?' Isn't that Muslim law they want to practice in countries like the UK & the USA, where there are Muslim populations, but it's not the state religion?

Years ago, when I went to a Ballistic Li-ion battery, I posted a pic of the lead acid battery for my 'Max and then a pic of the Ballistic, separately, on a scale.
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=20904&highlight=ballistic

Latest posts

Back