What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put it through the twisties yesterday for the first time since I installed Delrin mounts. I'm happy with the results. It complements the other handling add ons already done. I was thinking of all the experts I've herd say a Vmax was only a straight line bike.
biglaugh.gif

I got my wheel! I got my wheel! I got my wheel! Now I just have to see if my rotor will come off the old one and fit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow, I wasn't thinking you'd get it until Sat or Monday! Glad it made it for the weekend. I think I deleted that from the sale thread already?

Today, I rolled 20K on my VMax odometer.

The weather was perfect and I ended up going through some twisty's passing a bunch of cars and hitting a triple digit number (mph) for the first time since I bought Zveruga this past August!

Next is a new set of clutch disks and exchange metals - thanks to Sean!

Wow, I wasn't thinking you'd get it until Sat or Monday! Glad it made it for the weekend. I think I deleted that from the sale thread already?

yup. Got here today. I'll take pics when I'm putting it on. Will I need to washer swap it or should I mount it normally?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it should fit normally but you may want to washer swap it just in case and so you don't have to pull it apart to add it.

I think I got it! My vmax is running like new after new cops, plugs, and fiddling with a sticking needle. I've been riding my FZ09 alot and it's a great bike but the vmax is just something special!

Dale

took my first ride with the mosfet r/r upgrade. 14 volts all the time... sweet :worthy: then proceeded to lose my key during a quick stop at wally world. searched all my pockets, retraced my steps into the store, checked the service desk, no luck...:bang head: called the wife to bring my spare key after looking under all the cars along my path to the store. so I hang my coat on the handlebar end 'cause at this point I'm hot. :damn angry: While standing there, still looking around pondering this moment of insanity I notice at the bottom of my coat is my key dangling there. :eusa_dance: what happened was I put the key in my watch pocket on my jeans as I do all the time. the little nylon fob on my key attached itself to the Velcro wind flap on my coat zipper. I managed to catch my wife before she left to bring the other key. at least that turned out good. hate it when these things happen.
still feeling like a fool, bill

I put on my Kosman wheel.... except for the part where I didn't realize I'd need nuts for the rotor bolts. I'll pick those up tomorrow, and should be able to get a little test ride in (I'll post pics, too). It went right on with the washer swap and has plenty of clearance. I still might run a 160/60/18 so I can get the brand and model tire I want, but the 180 looks good on there right now. Plus that black wheel with the shiny bolts looks sweet.

Thanks, Sean, for sending it to me so quickly.

Didnt get to ride today, but i did notice that my front brake isnt lighting up my brake light unless i squeeze it MUCH harder than ill be able to when rolling. (Found it during my weekly check of things) The rear brake lights it up with minimal effort. I cleaned the terminals for it but no change. Any ideas?

When you squeeze it....do you hear that click....as in it activating the switch? Is the brake light activating then?

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

I put on my Kosman wheel.... except for the part where I didn't realize I'd need nuts for the rotor bolts. I'll pick those up tomorrow, and should be able to get a little test ride in (I'll post pics, too). It went right on with the washer swap and has plenty of clearance. I still might run a 160/60/18 so I can get the brand and model tire I want, but the 180 looks good on there right now. Plus that black wheel with the shiny bolts looks sweet.

I love my Kosman wheels, they transformed the handling of my bike. And made other improvements more effective. Another thanks to Sean for finding them for me. All that's left for me is either new forks, or emulators in what I already have. My fork bushings are all new. I think the $$ will go into the engine, since funds aren't unlimited. I've been frugal and very lucky with suspension mods, keeping within a budget. My bike now handles like I always wanted it too.
Steve-o

Back