What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday, I went and bought all the things needed for the reverse bleeding of the clutch and brake lines, and took that project on with all the confidence of 13 youtube videos and a few articles on the forum to help me. It actually went pretty smooth. I was kind of impressed how easy it was to open the bleeder nipple, push the syringe, and out came the fluid in the reservoir. I know it's simple, but I was happy with it. It was raining/snowing, so I was unable to test my new handy work, so instead, I thoroughly cleaned her and got her all sparkling. I also ordered my COPS and chrome scoops from Sean, so hopefully those should get here soon and my bike will look better and run better, too!

Thanks man, had no idea that was a drain. I run it with the breather hose outside the box anyway, just clean the mess when it comes time.

just took it for a test drive, runs like a scalded dog, next week will tell and I will pull the plugs to check them out.

Yes running stock coils, i checked for cracks when I had the carbs out. I will probably replace boots and wires, I think they are the originals. Got a nice fat spark, the generator is putting out 14.9 volts. I just got back from a 30 mile drive on country roads and in town. No problems except the idle seems to go up a little then come back down. About 1200 when I stop then drops to 1000.

Nothing better than passing harleys on a 30 year old vmax, 78 degrees today with a few puffy clouds in the sky.

QUOTE=redbaron13;430742]Nothing better than passing harleys on a 30 year old vmax, 78 degrees today with a few puffy clouds in the sky.[/QUOTE]

Only thing better than that is a line of hardley's :biglaugh: :punk:

QUOTE=redbaron13;430742]Nothing better than passing harleys on a 30 year old vmax, 78 degrees today with a few puffy clouds in the sky.

Only thing better than that is a line of hardley's :biglaugh: :punk:[/QUOTE]

das rat

I rode it finally! I had some wiring issues for the last few weeks that I finally fixed with a wiring kit, some auto grade 5 pin connectors, some rectifier diodes, and about 5 hours with my soldering iron. Got the 7" amazon headlight bucket with integrated signals working properly and the 3000 lumen led bulb installed and my "cafe" speedo fully wired up off the tank cluster. The yzf-750 forks from Sean are amazing, the Shinko 009 ravens are super grippy on 17" wheels, and I added some red reflector strips from customtaylor33 for extra safety on my flat black paint. Next up is to replace my rear pegs with led frame sliders.

Attachments

• tmp_23325-IMG_20160419_100010-418070770.jpg
    tmp_23325-IMG_20160419_100010-418070770.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 30
I put on an LED license plate light (illegal to not have one, a officer friend told me).

I also noticed this is page 1000 of this thread. Proud to be a contributor!

I put on an LED license plate light (illegal to not have one, a officer friend told me).

May have been the same officer that hangs out on topanga cyn--- always wondered why topanga cyn road was flooded with highway patrol?

howz that magna compare to a vmax, never rode one

Whilst looking for my problem with the fuel low and low oil level lights, I started at the gas tank with the res low switch, followed it up to the connector and found corrosion so I cleaned it with texas petes and qd spray. Waiting for the few minutes to pass and allow petes to do his work i poked around other connectors, coils, battery etc I found this on the left inside the frame, used to be a three prong connector with one vertical and two horizontal pins. Now keep in mind this bike has been running like this and, it once had a header leak on this side.

Attachments

• IMG_0613.jpg
    IMG_0613.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0622.jpg
    IMG_0622.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 25
I suppose the old plug was melted enough to cause intermittent contact on two of the leads. I have not found the warning lights problem yet

hope this pic is less fuzzy, guess I will get some butt splices and insulate them

Attachments

• IMG_0624.jpg
    IMG_0624.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 27
now repairing those wires got rid of the stray voltage in the grounds on the left side of the faux tank cover but splices, checked voltage on both sides

Back