What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't see this group of posts until this morning....still brain dead from all the track fumes I guess! :biglaugh:

It certainly was a great couple-three days, with Eric coming all the way from Oklahoma and Steve-o & Mike riding over from Mass. The top off was, as always, watching Zak run the 1/4 at Lebanon Valley Speedway....he's a hell of a racer and a true gentleman! The racers hang around together talking race talk (like at every track in the world) but when we show up Zak always leaves the racer group and comes over to spend his free time between runs to chat and joke around with us civilians!

Definitely the high point of my summer. :worthy:

You made it a special night too Zak. Always great to see you and watch you run.

+1

I wish I had known earlier , I would have loved to make that trip!

Sorry about that Rick. I would like to go up there again. Great people, and beautiful country to ride in.

Feel its a honor that a fellow VMaxer would come from Oklahoma, meet with people from Massachusetts and New York, And stop by street night at a drag strip where i race. Thank you Eric, Mike, Steve and Danny for stopping by! Turned my best time of the year (while rolling off the throttle 50' of the stripe and breaking out....) at 10.65 :punk:

Zak, the honor is mine. You are a HELLUVA racer.

I didn't see this group of posts until this morning....still brain dead from all the track fumes I guess! :biglaugh:

It certainly was a great couple-three days, with Eric coming all the way from Oklahoma and Steve-o & Mike riding over from Mass. The top off was, as always, watching Zak run the 1/4 at Lebanon Valley Speedway....he's a hell of a racer and a true gentleman! The racers hang around together talking race talk (like at every track in the world) but when we show up Zak always leaves the racer group and comes over to spend his free time between runs to chat and joke around with us civilians!

Definitely the high point of my summer. :worthy:

This was the high point of mine as well.

Attachments

• 20160824_165511.jpg
    20160824_165511.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 20160824_165616.jpg
    20160824_165616.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 20160824_165619.jpg
    20160824_165619.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 20160824_170643.jpg
    20160824_170643.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 20160824_180833.jpg
    20160824_180833.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 34
Changed the back tire. Used two harbor freight slings and a trailer safety chain. Lifted the bike just in front of the swing arm by the lower frame by doubling over the slings at the frame up the top, knoted the safety chain, hooked it onto the engine host arm frame and lifted the bike. Jack stands just fit under the frame on both sides without damaging the voodoo pipes.

I forgot, the front wheel was secured to a harbor freight bike stand with the tire tied in place and the handlebars locked to the engine guards so the bike would not fold.

Fixed a nagging oil leak, re-positioned my oil pressure gauge, and put a new ceramic headlight pigtail, and 140/100 bulb in. I believe it's a Gen 2 set up. I got it from Sean Morley.
Steve-o

The pea shooter failed to work but the shotgun did it. Excellent ride through the hills today, perfect weather and after a couple miles with Seafoam shes just about perfect.

I'll be thinking about that headlight upgrade to.

Fixed a nagging oil leak, re-positioned my oil pressure gauge, and put a new ceramic headlight pigtail, and 140/100 bulb in. I believe it's a Gen 2 set up. I got it from Sean Morley.
Steve-o

Not a gen 2 setup. Just something we came up with. I'm not actually sure what output the gen 2 has but likely the 55/60 which is pretty much all that is allowed for manufacturers to use. I am sure that it would fit the gen 2 though!

Sean

Not a gen 2 setup. Just something we came up with. I'm not actually sure what output the gen 2 has but likely the 55/60 which is pretty much all that is allowed for manufacturers to use. I am sure that it would fit the gen 2 though!

Sean

I can vouch for it working great. Lights up my way like never before. Highly recommended. Tks for making it available Sean. My old eyes aren't suited for night driving like they once were. This helps out a lot.

Installed my new front fender, installed some new bar end mirrors, got Zveruga inspected and went for a little ride through the country...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
72de0f196dcf8e3909aa76b9841617a3.jpg

Replaced the light bulbs in the speedometer. Cleaned up a couple sketchy grounds near the instrument cluster. Took the bike for a ride after dark to admire how bright the speedometer is. Stopped at a bar near home, found out they hadca really bad country band playing..

Had one bottle of PBR, and went home..

air cleaned the 4 carb,wasn't happy with a 3 cylinder vmax..
damn,this must be the most easy to clog up carbs i have worked!

Fitted a better brake setup to the rear and swapped out the scoops for the chrome items.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 73
Not today, but last weekend - I pulled out the Comp baffle from my Kerker 4-1 and put in the regular Kerker baffle. After riding for a few days, It's not silent by any means, but wow - it sounds SO much more quiet! I can hear the wind rushing through my helmet! I can hear slight exhaust leaks at the exhaust ports that I never could hear before (that's this weekend's project).

Tone wise, it's not bad. Not as deep as I'd like, but it sounds pretty good at city cruising speeds. I think I'd like a baffle that was halfway between the 2.5" comp baffle and the 1.5" street baffle. More volume, more bass, but not as much as the full race goes.

I might try something else for packing in the 2.5 baffle. We shall see.

Carb shotgun and pea shooter along with changing out factory pro needles to my stage seven needles. Didn't sync or mess with a/f due to it was late when I finished. Rode it here to work today running well considering it was very rough the past week. Next is to possibly go back to my UFO megaphone with packing vs. the slash cut that is currently on... And install rear brake caliper/ parts I got from Danny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put a relay set in my headlight circuit. Smartswich from Digitech. Along with a 140/100 bulb from Sean, it's like daylight on low beam. Hi beam is like a stadium light. It exceeded my expectations. Nothing like not out driving your lights on the highway.
Steve-o

Latest posts

Back