What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
........and the finished product. Shorter looks better.

Attachments

• 20170317_205548.jpg
    20170317_205548.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 20170317_220413.jpg
    20170317_220413.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 20170317_212226.jpg
    20170317_212226.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 46
Painted the inside of the OEM fly screen with semi-gloss black for a shiny black look on the outside. Not sure if I like it, seems to make the windshield look taller.

Attachments

• windshield.jpg
    windshield.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 34
  • windshield inside.jpg
    windshield inside.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 36
Installed the MAXGASSER seat on my MAX this week. Really pleased with the new look and feel. weather was in the upper 70s and 80s this weekend, so I got to take it out for a good spin. Put about 200 miles on it. The seat felt great. Thanks Rick!

Attachments

• MAXGASSER Seat.jpg
    MAXGASSER Seat.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 29
Rode 70 miles then chopped off the stock headlight and turn signals. Suffered through some electrical hell...pics when it's all working right and back together :). Up next, bars, mirrors and fork brace.

More work polishing up oxidised alloy and when the drill went flat I started welding up the cracked front guard. I need a bench grinder so I can get into the polishing more but its going ok.
Pics to come.

This isn't so much as a "What I did today" deal but more of what's in the works. Kyle is busting a move on some nice paint work for me for the fenders and faux tank cover. I am going to be taking the wheels, sissy bar and maybe side scoops to get powder coated hopefully next week. I have new wave rotors and Shinko Tourmaster 230s to install on the wheels after that. I just ordered a full set of Delkevic CF Exhaust too. So hopefully when it's done, she'll look like a new bike. I know I just got her but she was in need of a makeover, lol. It's a 1999 with 7800 miles, runs like a banshee, she just wasn't as shiny as she used to be. Now she'll be purty :banana:

I went to see Larry at LCR in Rochester. I grabbed the Barnett clutch kit, an new flywheel, a monsterous battery,and miscellaneous parts and gaskets.
Did my battery box mod to fit said battery. Removed the old clutch assembly, and awaiting the soaking Barnetts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to see Larry at LCR in Rochester. I grabbed the Barnett clutch kit, an new flywheel, a monsterous battery,and miscellaneous parts and gaskets.
Did my battery box mod to fit said battery. Removed the old clutch assembly, and awaiting the soaking Barnetts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10-15 mins soaking

Didn't do anything to the Max today but ride it, but my new grips came in and I finally sewed this on today. Officially representing!

afd6a705d0fd29b299e359f6d38b1b65.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I rode my machine with the new gear set today. Just as I get it back together, 75 degrees with a blizzard warning for the morning. The R&R was smooth, my bike fired up scary quick with no leaks, issues or otherwise. I thanked John at PCW for the quick turn around an install tips. The shift forks found their locations and the cases clicked right together. I really feel blessed to see and feel the fruits of my own labor when I ride my bike. Well I'm looking out at rain mixed with snow and alot of wind. 65 by Saturday.

I have the wheels at the shop getting bearings out then onto the powedercoat guy hopefully this afternoon. Taking him the scoops, sissy bar and wheels. Maxine looks NEKKID! :surprise:

nekkid.jpg

nekkid1.jpg

Got the old bike home last sunday night and it was running on only the front two cylinders. Lumping like crazy. So I checked the battery while it was running and it was only 12.1 volts. Today I had the day off so I pulled the back two plugs and they were wet. I noticed while I was stopping at lights when the bike was hot, it would start slowly dropping the idle and try to die unless I was goosing the throttle. If the fan kicked on it would run slow and if I hit the front brake it would make things worse on the idle. I took out the battery and put it on the charger, ripped loose the connections from the ac unit and soldered them to the regulator leads. I traced down the wires and found the original factory crimp. I cut it out and soldered it up. Put the battery back in the bike, fired it up and was getting 14.2 volts with no light flickering. When it got hot, the idle did not drop. Going to take it to work tommorrow and see how it does. Man, I would figure after 31 years and five owners, someone would have gotten rid of that splice. Guess I figured wrong. If that cdi is not getting enough voltage, I guess it will quit firing the back cylinders. Thanks for the info guys, Sean.

Latest posts

Back