What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, that's exactly what it is Garrett!!
eusa_dance.gif

Thanks for the kind words guys! As for performance, what can I say....anytime your v max makes more noise it feels like it's picked up 15 more HP!!
biglaugh.gif
And this one is no different! I moved the slides with shimmed needles and springs from the '06 to the '99 and the 167.5 PAJ 2's from the '99 to the '06. Testing of the '99 went well with no rich/lean issues anywhere in the powerband...that I could feel anyhow.

Right now the '06 is sitting there with 4 empty holes at the exhaust ports as I'm debating whether to put the Marvings or drilled OEM mufflers on it. Prolly go with the Marvings.

TIP>>>When changing exhausts it is a very good idea to always install new gaskets!! The old ones might look good but mic'ing them may reveal they were compressed on a taper...using them again will throw off the new pipes at the outlet end....especially the front pipes.

Yup, that's exactly what it is Garrett!!
eusa_dance.gif

Thanks for the kind words guys! As for performance, what can I say....anytime your v max makes more noise it feels like it's picked up 15 more HP!!
biglaugh.gif
And this one is no different! I moved the slides with shimmed needles and springs from the '06 to the '99 and the 167.5 PAJ 2's from the '99 to the '06. Testing of the '99 went well with no rich/lean issues anywhere in the powerband...that I could feel anyhow.

Right now the '06 is sitting there with 4 empty holes at the exhaust ports as I'm debating whether to put the Marvings or drilled OEM mufflers on it. Prolly go with the Marvings.

TIP>>>When changing exhausts it is a very good idea to always install new gaskets!! The old ones might look good but mic'ing them may reveal they were compressed on a taper...using them again will throw off the new pipes at the outlet end....especially the front pipes.

words of wisdom guys listen up hahaha.

And if anyone knows the fallout from having a crooked pipe, it's probably Danny. :rofl_200:

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200: Welcome back Tom!!! I missed ya!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Crooked pipes aside, we gotta hear your take on the Gen II compared to the B-King....power, handling....you know, the whole deal!

Looking at the dyno slip on the 'B'...that was a nasty muther!! So, how's the '09? :ummm:

'09 is fine, but it's parked in the garage while I stand outside and look up at the rain and drizzle over the last couple of days. (Not tempting fate on greasy tires, yet.) I have a window to ride this afternoon for a bit, if I can manage to stay off this site and actually get some work done in the meantime. I've got only about 10 miles on the odo...I did go buy a fresh tank of gas on Monday for it. *sigh*

I'm not a 'ride it like you stole it' break in guy, so I'm following the book pretty closely, though it's REALLY hard to keep it under 4700 rpm. I am eating up how frickin' comfortable to ride this bike is. Ridiculously more comfortable riding position than the BKing, at least for this old guy.

Max feels like it wants to fall into the corners more, which is kind of strange. I'm not sure it's from a geometry standpoint, more like the effect of a serious factory damper that Suzuki put on the Bking. Taking some getting used to at slow speeds.

Haven't ordered a single mod, yet. I think I will snag a license plate relocator first, and I want to get out on the highway and see how much I need a small wind screen. I have yet to see one for the Max that wasn't butt ugly. But, it would match the owner.

I was out in Ohio for work last week. One the ride home I spied a bike shop and decided to drop in for a look. They had a B-king on the floor for 8K and change. First time I've seem one in person. Can't say I'm a fan of the looks. I did sit on it for a bit and make some noises. Pictures don't convey how w-i-d-e that tank/scoop setup is that they have. I found that a bit awkward. Otherwise it seemed as tho it would be a fairly comfortable ride. I would love to ride one. You can't beat the bang for your buck value of B King. Its just soooo damn ugly IMO.

I'd love to score a bruised busa for cheap and just strip it to nothing and rebuild it into a rat cruizer. The only things I'm lacking to make it happen are money, time, and talent. I might make that my new signature line, LOL!

If you buy a BKing, just budget another 1k for pipes and a fender eliminator. Makes the bike look completely different. If you add a Brock's pipe and a Power Commander, putting down 174 hp isn't impossible. A ridiculously fun bike, especially for the money right now.

They are making a 2010 BKing, but I don't think it's being imported. Available in black, white and also a Gixxer blue/white model.

If you buy a BKing, just budget another 1k for pipes and a fender eliminator. Makes the bike look completely different. If you add a Brock's pipe and a Power Commander, putting down 174 hp isn't impossible. A ridiculously fun bike, especially for the money right now.

They are making a 2010 BKing, but I don't think it's being imported. Available in black, white and also a Gixxer blue/white model.

The shop had another one right next to it with two brothers (i think) slip ons and the rear fender eliminator and a cheesy looking license plate/tail light combo. It was an ABS model. The asking price for that one was 10K and change. The mods definitely helped with the looks but still a bit too eccentric for me. I'm sure once I twisted the throttle I'd learn to deal with it tho.

The shop had another one right next to it with two brothers (i think) slip ons and the rear fender eliminator and a cheesy looking license plate/tail light combo. It was an ABS model. The asking price for that one was 10K and change. The mods definitely helped with the looks but still a bit too eccentric for me. I'm sure once I twisted the throttle I'd learn to deal with it tho.
Any test / riding impressions / info on this site on the B-King ? I've been thiking about a streetfighter / bobber type of conversion. Only problem so far is the economy.

Any test / riding impressions / info on this site on the B-King ? I've been thiking about a streetfighter / bobber type of conversion. Only problem so far is the economy.

Here's a good read

And a couple of videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me_80UoIDkg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3XX1Ei3nss

FWIW, I've never read a single negative review of the BKing. It's knock has always been its looks. The only issue I've seen is a service bulletin from Suzuki on retightening some clutch bolts. No recalls or serious issues.

Stator plug is old & brittle on my 85 & some one put butt conectors on my 88 so I got some new OE style plugs from electrosport gonna put them on today & put my new battery in my my 85 & if I feel froggy I might work on the 86.

Put new rotors on last night and lubbed the choke linkage. The choke was frozen on in 2 carbs. Now the VRat runs like a VBear.....

If anyone is interested in putting a Monster Tack on your Vmax,,,I have found a pretty Neat and Cheaper Way to do it, and it works like a champ......

The Auto meter 5" Fat tacks are HIGH!!!!! Too High for me..........

Auto zone sells a Sun Super Tack-3 5" Monster Tack with a shift light for 100.00.
And that is all you spend........Period. It has a Chrome Bezel, white Face to match the Factory speedo,, and is Beautiful !!! The Back lighting is perfect !!!

Its Mounts to the risers with 2 holes. You ask, how do I mount the speedo, EASY ,, Bend the left mounting hole into a 90,,and cut off the other ear hole with a cutoff wheel, debur, and your done.

It then mounts to the upper fork clamp using all original bolts........once mounted you can grab the whole mount and speedo, and carefully bend the bracket to where it lines up perfectly........ It makes a Tight perfect fit, and misses all cables......... The Tack wires are then cut from the Old tack,,,

Solder the wires in this manner,

Gray is Green on the Tack
Brown is white and red on the tack
Black is Black on the Tack

Set tack switch to 2 cylinder

Heat shrink the wires and your done,,,,use black half inch flex tube to hide the wires.......

My Next project is to mount a Sun Oil Pressure and Water Temp Gauge to the Right of the Tack with a warning light for the Oil and Water.

I am then mounting a small Tom Tom where the old tack is.

Also Sean got the the CHROME SCOOPS for the MAX !!!!!! They are Beautiful !!!!!!!! You DA MAN SEAN !!!!!

More Coming..............

The Pics below show the result.................

nicely done blitch! i like it. how secure is the speedo? mind takin a few more pics?

today, i got my handguards in and promptly broke a bracket. ugh. but i did work on fixing my brake squeal, got some galfer rubber pads and put them between the anti squeal shims and my pads. off to test it out shortly.

Hey that's really slick - nicely done. I parked my Baby tonight. I know, I know, its still WAY early but its been cold and rainy lately and looks like its gonna be that way for a while. Plus I'm itching to get started on all the projects I want to get done over the winter. Anyway, tonight I destroyed the rest of my wife's hopes for parking her van in the garage. I have a table top set up for everything I want to work on. Getting a collection together for the powder coater and another for the painter.

Back