What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha. very nice dave.

so uh putting the rubber liner things betwen the anti squeal shims and the pads just made the brakes lock up. must have not been enough room to rebound all the way...

so to make things even more fun i noticed one of my bleeder valves was leaking for some reason. sooooooo an hour later my brakes are bleed for the 3rd time, my anti squeal shims are out and my rubber backing on the pads is on, and my handguards are still broken. brakes are working fine again, even worked great when that bitch pulled out infront of me. not having a good night. whered i put that beer.....

Very nearly got taken out today!! Going thru town and came on two stopped cars that were waiting for a break in oncoming traffic to turn left. There was plenty of room on the right so I did a mirror check (clear) and slowly pulled out to go around them....this is in a 30 mph speed zone.

I had just cleared the stopped cars rear bumper when some fuckweed in a puke green Subaru Forrester came flying by on my right!! He was so close to me I was sure his rear fender well was going to catch my knee....luckily it didn't! There was less than 1" of air between me and that car!!

I didn't handle this situation very well as I got on his bumper beeping my horn, giving him the finger and pointing to the side of the road indicating I would like to discuss this further.

We hit the open highway and he ran it up to 85 or so, me still on his ass pulling my "pissed of Irish act"...after about 5 miles he made a quick turn onto a side road, I had calmed down a little and decided to just let it go!

Fuckin' cagers!!! :bang head:

Very nearly got taken out today!! Going thru town and came on two stopped cars that were waiting for a break in oncoming traffic to turn left. There was plenty of room on the right so I did a mirror check (clear) and slowly pulled out to go around them....this is in a 30 mph speed zone.

I had just cleared the stopped cars rear bumper when some fuckweed in a puke green Subaru Forrester came flying by on my right!! He was so close to me I was sure his rear fender well was going to catch my knee....luckily it didn't! There was less than 1" of air between me and that car!!

I didn't handle this situation very well as I got on his bumper beeping my horn, giving him the finger and pointing to the side of the road indicating I would like to discuss this further.

We hit the open highway and he ran it up to 85 or so, me still on his ass pulling my "pissed of Irish act"...after about 5 miles he made a quick turn onto a side road, I had calmed down a little and decided to just let it go!

seems like bad luck with retards in cars lately ey dan. glad to hear you calmed down , im sure it would not have been pretty....for him if he stopped

haha. very nice dave.

so uh putting the rubber liner things betwen the anti squeal shims and the pads just made the brakes lock up. must have not been enough room to rebound all the way...

so to make things even more fun i noticed one of my bleeder valves was leaking for some reason. sooooooo an hour later my brakes are bleed for the 3rd time, my anti squeal shims are out and my rubber backing on the pads is on, and my handguards are still broken. brakes are working fine again, even worked great when that bitch pulled out infront of me. not having a good night. whered i put that beer.....

interesting ey garrett on how when you just work on your brakes then you end up needing them. wonder if they would have worked soo good is you didnt go over them like that to make them perfect. glad to hear you avoided diaster.

nicely done blitch! i like it. how secure is the speedo? mind takin a few more pics?

today, i got my handguards in and promptly broke a bracket. ugh. but i did work on fixing my brake squeal, got some galfer rubber pads and put them between the anti squeal shims and my pads. off to test it out shortly.

Very Secure !! It does NOT Move AT ALL.....with the side angle bolt and the strength of the bracket, it works perfectly !!! Like it was made that way... the curve of the bracket even fits around the top of the fork with precision...

what kind of pics......

..., me still on his ass pulling my "pissed of Irish act"...
I know how ya feel :rofl_200:
draftlens1354781module2qq6.jpg

Garage after setup and my initial crack and undressing my Max:

Attachments

• IMG_6867.jpg
    IMG_6867.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6868.jpg
    IMG_6868.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 30
"Auto zone sells a Sun Super Tack-3 5" Monster Tack with a shift light for 100.00.
And that is all you spend........Period. It has a Chrome Bezel, white Face to match the Factory speedo,, and is Beautiful !!!"

Looks great, blitch!

I'm interested in doing this too...I looked on the Autozone website but couldn't find this tach...do you happen to have the tach's part #?

Thanks!

Elimax

jeeze man glad ur ok. how was there even room for a cager to fit on the road between you and the side of the road?!?

interesting ey garrett on how when you just work on your brakes then you end up needing them. wonder if they would have worked soo good is you didnt go over them like that to make them perfect. glad to hear you avoided diaster.

yea they worked well. i still can't believe they were staying on, on me. musta just not been enough room or something who knows.

Very Secure !! It does NOT Move AT ALL.....with the side angle bolt and the strength of the bracket, it works perfectly !!! Like it was made that way... the curve of the bracket even fits around the top of the fork with precision...

what kind of pics......

just a couple more from up close and different angles thats all.

Garage after setup and my initial crack and undressing my Max:

those engine guards look nice!

HEY!!!!!!

I drive a green Forester!!!!!

That Bastard is giving Subaru a bad name:damn angry:

Glad it turned out OK.......

jeeze man glad ur ok. how was there even room for a cager to fit on the road between you and the side of the road?!? QUOTE]

Honestly, I didn't think there was room!! Just got lucky I guess!! :worthy:
Glad to hear you're not hurt Danny, those a-holes cagers need to be beaten down severely! :damn angry:

I had just turned right at the red light, there was a tractor trailer right behind me when I pulled up to the light and when I glanced in the mirror, before going around the stopped car, I saw the semi turning the same way I did.....so, I really don't know how this bastard got out there beside me!!
The only thing that makes any sense at all is that he cut in front of the semi after I looked in the mirror!!
Anyhow...it's over now!! He didn't break my legs, I didn't break his fuckin' head....life goes on.
Thanks for all the kind words guys, Tom....I do have a candidate for that sign BTW!!

Sun Super Tack-3 5" Monster Tack

Hey folks:

Blitch mentioned the "Auto zone sells a Sun Super Tack-3 5" Monster Tack with a shift light for 100.00. And that is all you spend........Period. It has a Chrome Bezel, white Face to match the Factory speedo,, and is Beautiful !!!"

I'm interested in doing this too...I looked on the Autozone website but couldn't find this tach...do you happen to have the tach's part #?

Thanks!

Elimax

Re: Sun Super Tack-3 5" Monster Tack

Today I took the old rusty tank out, and put the treated one in. Wasn't too bad a job, got them in and out in a couple of hours. Then I tore into the fuel hoses, filter and fuel pump to clean them all, followed by a full carb tear down to clean everything completely as well as renew all those old crappy screws with SS allen head bolts.
I got almost done - had all four carbs apart, cleaned up and back together, and started reassembling them but then ran out of time and had to go to work.

Will finish tomorrow, and fit my Tboost replacement - hoping it'll work right this time..

Check out the pics - looking at my fuel gauge sensor and fuel filter you can see how bad it was inside that tank..

Attachments

• P1080940.jpg
    P1080940.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 19
  • P1080938.jpg
    P1080938.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 19
Yup, thats exactly why I use the glass filters,
you can see everything thats in the fuel.
I hope it all works out for ya.
<<Dave>>:eusa_dance:

Back