What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why dont we make a vmax appreciation thread where everyone can show off their own bike?

i checked the stickies and didnt see anything

Very clean looking KJ! Get those Taylormade wheels and your look will be complete!

I have to get a hold of a USD setup, then I'll Give Steve a call and see what the damage will be. I'm thinking a 150-180 up front and a 280-300 out back with one of his single sided units.

It's going to be waaayy in the future though. I want to finish up my degree, then spend a year banksing money after I get hired on somewhere. Then that will be my graduation present to myself.

Anxious to see it with the bellypan back on, KJ....she gon' be one mean sum bitch!!

Very nice balance...well thought out!! :thumbs up:

Thanks Danny, I've put alot of thought on how to keep it clean and still make it mine.

All the wiring was soldered and shrink wrapped, then loomed. In many cases, I've either cut, or replaced with longer wire to get the fit right.

The mockup of the fender and the tail piece went smooth. Paint was smooth except when I had to redo a portion when I painted, then backed the truck out of the garage exposing the paint to insta -30 deg F temps. :bang head:

I de-emblemed the Kerker carbon fiber can so that now blends nicely. I'm still considering the single scoop faux tank cover that Boxenstopp has. But I'm going to have to sell a few shirts first, but I can't even do that cause my supplies I ordered for the silk screening hasn't showed up yet and it turns out they mailed them slow boat, not the priority I wanted. I think the cover will go well with the muscle jet kit I plan on getting.

I'm having bottle brackets made, so that will clean up the whole hose clamp look.

I'll have it all put together and on the ground by Friday night and LED accent lights finished up by saturday night. I'll post a few more pictures when I get to that stage. Maybe my scoops will arrive and then it will be 90% ready for summer.

KJ, bike is looking great!! IMO, you can help improve the "lines" with a Morley seat, plus your butt will thank-you.

Thanks Danny, I've put alot of thought on how to keep it clean and still make it mine.
I think you've done a great job with this KJ. I know with the limited funds that I have throwing at Redbone I have been admiring your resourcefulness in coming up a bad ass and unique looking Vmax. :thumbs up: :thumbs up:
I have a few ideas to throw at Redbone which I hope will make her unique as your's is turning out. I have a vision in my head of where I'm going but for some reason I can't get that complete awesome 3/4 view in my mind. I'm only seeing it in sections. There is/ must be something I'm missing to put it all together. I'm sure it'll it will come to me and then I'll have my final look to work on.

Last edited:
I think you've done a great job with this KJ. I now with the limited funds that I have throwing at Redbone I have been admiring your resourcefulness in coming up a bad ass and unique looking Vmax. :thumbs up: :thumbs up:

Thanks Brian, I've been trying to come up with a 60/40 or even better 50/50 out of pocket way of thinking. So far with this winders cosmetic upgrade it's worked for me very well.

Something will click when you least expect it about your bike. I know the feeling too many things going though your head at once.

I sold my scoops for 40% of what my new ones cost. I went in halvsies on the wayvy rear rotor being he and I only needed the one. My headlight and windshield that sold on ebay was 50% of the new headlight and shift light.

Rear fender, Shipping got me by suprise, but thinking positive, it payed for the electrical supplied needed for clean install, and my 3 stock rotors I'm going to bank when that money comes in is going to pay for half of the pillion pad :)

only thing I didn't apply this principal to was the rear tail section, that came from me. I considered it a reward for pulling a 3.5 avg last semester, If I get straight "A's" this semester, I see a full set of clear covers from Sean. But that's taking work. It seems like all my profs are having a contest on who can assign the most homework and take up my free time I could be using for studying. Pretty bad when I use working on my bike for a few hours as stress relief instead of riding it for stress relief. oh well, all the same I guess.:biglaugh:

Got the new s/s Mark's system installed on Sallymax.

Did a little mixing & matching....what d'ya think?

Attachments

• 100_1811.jpg
    100_1811.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 41
  • 100_1813.jpg
    100_1813.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 40
i kinda wanna see 99 with the full stainless. i was partial to sally all blacked out but hey thats my flavour!

Thanks for the kind words guys...I like the way they both turned out but was a little concerned about how 'normal folks' would receive them! :biglaugh:

Mike, no the cans aren't polished....just the brushed aluminum finish but it matches up pretty good with the side covers, scoops and wheels.

hi guy`s havent been over this side for a while , been a bit busy.
thought you might like to see these.
2rc23qv.jpg

20qguig.jpg

illuminated clutch covers.
:punk:

Latest posts

Back