What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks awesome Bill, can't wait to see it in person! :thumbs up: :thumbs up:
I just don't want your mod monkey talking to mine as I would for sure have to get a second job to afford him then! :rofl_200:

yea Mike,
17 inch rear and stock 18 up front.

Brian,
I would be more than willing to let you borrow my monkey as a playmate with yours for the summer...

Just make sure to return him by the fall so i can get my motor work done :rocket bike:

Brians engine is assembled! Need to get it to the bead blast then to paint. Hopefully a couple of more weeks plus ship time and it will be back home with you.

Sean

Brians engine is assembled! Need to get it to the bead blast then to paint. Hopefully a couple of more weeks plus ship time and it will be back home with you.

Sean
Excellant, thanks for the update Sean! Looking forward to sliding it back into the frame with the delrin motor mounts, I think...:rofl_200: It should be fun to see if the notes, pictures and memory serves well enough to do the job properly.

I started her up and blew the cob webs out of her,short ride up the road, shes has not been run since my accident in late sept, boy you dont know what you got till its gone. JIM

I started her up and blew the cob webs out of her,short ride up the road, shes has not been run since my accident in late sept, boy you dont know what you got till its gone. JIM

:clapping:Glad you are back on 2 wheels:clapping:

Went for a nice 75 mile cruise, it felt great!!

Got to wear my JR Sonic leather jacket, mounted the JR Manta tank bag and sat my butt on the new Firehawk seat cushion. The jacket and tank bag were Christmas presents from my wife and have been sitting in the closet, patiently waiting.

Took a couple pics, first is an abandoned business alongside the Taconic...."Cappuchino and Flowers"....how could it possibly fail? :rofl_200:

Second is a rest area on the Taconic with the snow covered Catskill Mtns. in the background

Third is on the east side of the Rip Van Winkle bridge, down in back of the trees is the Hudson River, again with the Catskills for a backdrop.

Edit: Correction...it's an Airhawk seat cushion, not a Firehawk, and it works real well, I'm glad I got it!

Attachments

• 100_1834.jpg
    100_1834.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 100_1836.jpg
    100_1836.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 100_1838.jpg
    100_1838.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 35
I rode the bike today. Like 56?F. Tried out the new boots, gloves, and jacket. Filled 'er up and rode for 1/2 hour. Have not been on the road for like, well, months with this Nebraska winter.

Brian

jeeze danny! awful close to that hill in the past pic! hah. glad u got one of them out!

jeeze danny! awful close to that hill in the past pic! hah. glad u got one of them out!

Yeah, I sure as hell am Garrett!! It gives me a little queesyness thinking about it now, so I put the pic as the screen saver background!! :biglaugh:

Prolly have nightmares about it tonight!!:punk:

Sweet back drops to a great looking Vmax! Looking forward to the Brownie Run 2010 and cruising around yer neck of the woods Dan-o!:worthy:
How'd the jacket and tank bag work out? As you know, I have the exact same setup!:punk:

Sweet back drops to a great looking Vmax! Looking forward to the Brownie Run 2010 and cruising around yer neck of the woods Dan-o!:worthy:
How'd the jacket and tank bag work out? As you know, I have the exact same setup!:punk:

Thanks Brian! Yeah, same here....can't wait for BR'10 to happen! Maybe we'll just head straight west, right over those mountains....that'd be a nice cruise....eh?

The jacket and tank bag worked great, I kept all my crap like check book, ID, spare glasses and other shit in the tank bag where it's easily accessable. Very handy, need some clear film protector for the faux and prolly run it all the time.

I had no idea how to dress for my first ride so wore the insulated lining and zipped in the side vents on the jacket.....WAY too warm so I removed the lining and vents and stored them in the tank bag....just a touch too cool....but after replacing the vents it was perfect! :clapping:

A nice combination of equipment, with the sissybar to rest the helmet on, the Mark's pipes for 'music' and the Airhawk to ward off 'Monkeybutt' the 2010 riding package is complete! :punk:

lucky you dan, pics look great. It was warming up here lots and drying off the roads but yesterday cold front came in, drop the temp and brought a dusting of snow all day:bang head:. It was too early anyways so still gotta wait for that first ride. So you liked that seat cushion? its gel i take it, where you pick it up from and how much? been looking for one that doesnt cost the same as a hole new seat.

Thanks Brian! Yeah, same here....can't wait for BR'10 to happen! Maybe we'll just head straight west, right over those mountains....that'd be a nice cruise....eh?

The jacket and tank bag worked great, I kept all my crap like check book, ID, spare glasses and other shit in the tank bag where it's easily accessable. Very handy, need some clear film protector for the faux and prolly run it all the time.

I had no idea how to dress for my first ride so wore the insulated lining and zipped in the side vents on the jacket.....WAY too warm so I removed the lining and vents and stored them in the tank bag....just a touch too cool....but after replacing the vents it was perfect! :clapping:

A nice combination of equipment, with the sissybar to rest the helmet on, the Mark's pipes for 'music' and the Airhawk to ward off 'Monkeybutt' the 2010 riding package is complete! :punk:
I normally only put the liner in temps below 40 degrees, otherwise I just wear a ls tshirt and I'm good with vent in. I like how the vents allow the wind to blow across upper inner arm with the vents out in hot weather really keeps me cool for a leather jacket.
As for the tank bag I used to have a magnetic tank protector that I cut down to the size of the bag to protect the tank, but I think a clear protector would work/ look better.
What size airhawk did you get, the medium? How is the fit and feel on the bike? I was thinking about getting one for longer trips but I'll wait to hear how you like yours first.

Back