What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did the stock exhaust mod today with the end caps still in place! What a difference it makes. I rode to machine with out the stock end caps on it but did not like the sound.... The end caps took away just a tad of the "sharpness" to the tone... not quite as good as the supertrapps but like the price for sure!
:clapping:

Installed my ricor intiminators today, not to bad of a deal. One of the caps didn't want to thread back on but finally got it. I have to hunt down proper SS bolts for my busa brake upgrade this week.
Also finshing up painting some parts, heat shrinking my COPs, cleaning up my carbs, and checking/ tightening bolts in anticipation of installing my freshly repaired engine. I preuse my picture I took while taking it out and I'm going to read through the manual on the process of installing the motor. I know it's going to be a bitch but I cannot wait to get Rebone back together! :punk::punk::punk:

First ride today,..sweeet. new battery , post on the old one had a seized nut so i had to break it to get it off. she pulled just like a champ. fired up on the first push...nice.
Back in the saddle again. :punk:

got pissed off at her.

over the weekend my exhaust nuts came loose. they are still not staying tight.

this morning i was trying to get the bike out of the garage and it wouldn't roll backwards. lost a rear caliper mounting bolt (had a bolt that worked for the time being) and now my rear brakes are squealing like crazy. any pressure, any speed.

i also had some custom swingarm pivot caps I did and I lost one on the way to work or this weekend.

not a good fucking start of my monday. after spending 7 hours yesterday re-plumbing after my finished basement flooded for the 3rd time in 6 weeks

got pissed off at her.

over the weekend my exhaust nuts came loose. they are still not staying tight.

this morning i was trying to get the bike out of the garage and it wouldn't roll backwards. lost a rear caliper mounting bolt (had a bolt that worked for the time being) and now my rear brakes are squealing like crazy. any pressure, any speed.

i also had some custom swingarm pivot caps I did and I lost one on the way to work or this weekend.

not a good fucking start of my monday. after spending 7 hours yesterday re-plumbing after my finished basement flooded for the 3rd time in 6 weeks

Sounds like you picked a poor Monday to quit Jack Daniels and Valium!! :rofl_200:

Little humor, maybe lighten it up....I know, I know....you don't wanna fuckin' hear it right now!! :worthy:

Do you notice a lot of difference in vibration since the solid motor mounts? I installed delrin mounts and don't really see a lot of increased vibration....do you?

Also, you torque everything to spec right? Except, of course, those rear manifold bolts.

Sounds like you picked a poor Monday to quit Jack Daniels and Valium!! :rofl_200:

Little humor, maybe lighten it up....I know, I know....you don't wanna fuckin' hear it right now!! :worthy:

Do you notice a lot of difference in vibration since the solid motor mounts? I installed delrin mounts and don't really see a lot of increased vibration....do you?

Also, you torque everything to spec right? Except, of course, those rear manifold bolts.

i know danny. gotta think big pciture tho man. if my biggest problem in life is my brakes on one of my motorcycles is squealing, then honestly i should be thankful and not pissed eh?

doesn't man i'm not annoyed tho. hah

vibes -> not too much worse to be honest, just on high RPMs and i got a barsnake.

i always do everything to spec, altho with how much messing i did with the rear caliper not too long ago, its possible i forgot to tighten them all the way down. piss poor on my part but no way to know now. no reason the rear caliper should be feeling more vibes

everything should be to speck and then some. those rear manifold bolts are a pain tho. i think some blue loctite tonight will be in order. one at a time tho so i don' tgotta re postion the damn things!

ok so update. got her home after tons of squealing and did some checks.

1 - brake cleaner - made sure nothing was embedded in the pads

2 - check runout on rotor. didn't see much over 5 mils good to go.

3 - take pads off caliper. chamfered the leading edge of the pads

4 - did the graphite compound Sean gave me.

quick 1 mile test ride says no more squealing...

now just to get my cap re-done and we're good to go.

Good to read you got it all set back in line quickly. :clapping:

yea thanks man. supposed to thunderstorm today or i'd know for sure if everything is good to go..

i love the reaper btw. very very clean look for the max. in the pics the headlights look pretty dim, how are they in real life?

i love the reaper btw. very very clean look for the max. in the pics the headlights look pretty dim, how are they in real life?

Thanks, I'm liking it.
The headlights are actually pretty bright, it's the camera's angle that dimmed them up.

Attachments

• P1030083.jpg
    P1030083.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 15
  • P1030084.jpg
    P1030084.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 12
The Supertrapps went back on today.......They will NEVER.......EVER.....come back apart under my watch:damn angry:

Put on the Gen-Mar riser. Had to do it since the drag bar prevented raising the fork tubes - to match the new Progressive 11.5"s out back . . .

howd u fix 'em?

Took a die grinder........cut the body down the welded seam on the bottom......and peeled it apart and pounded the core out with a 1 inch diameter steel rod:damn angry:

Replaced the little threaded nubs that I broke off with small nuts........reassembled.......JB Welded the seam back together and reinstalled....the other side was never touched......

I will NEVER attempt to take them apart again.......EVER!!!!!!

The problem was not the steel at the end of the core.....which my trusty Fluid Film had completely penetrated and was loose as it could be.......

The core is shaped like a barbell.......it flares out again inside the body of the muffler near the mounting tab..........

This lower flare was the cause of all my problems......and I did not know it even existed:damn angry:

Took a die grinder........cut the body down the welded seam on the bottom......and peeled it apart and pounded the core out with a 1 inch diameter steel rod:damn angry:

Replaced the little threaded nubs that I broke off with small nuts........reassembled.......JB Welded the seam back together and reinstalled....the other side was never touched......

I will NEVER attempt to take them apart again.......EVER!!!!!!

The problem was not the steel at the end of the core.....which my trusty Fluid Film had completely penetrated and was loose as it could be.......

The core is shaped like a barbell.......it flares out again inside the body of the muffler near the mounting tab..........

This lower flare was the cause of all my problems......and I did not know it even existed:damn angry:

would it have ever been possible to get it out?

would it have ever been possible to get it out?

I don't think so......Even after cutting the weld about 6 inches down and spreading the body.......it required slamming it on a concrete floor with a 1 inch steel rod several times to get it to pop out:damn angry:

GOT PISSED AT IT! keep that damm monkey away from me till i calm down!

I don't think so......Even after cutting the weld about 6 inches down and spreading the body.......it required slamming it on a concrete floor with a 1 inch steel rod several times to get it to pop out:damn angry:

Well, have a go at the other side, it should be easier now..

:rofl_200::biglaugh::rofl_200:

Back