What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started the rebuild from scratch, got the first half of the lower block assembled... shift drum, transmission, etc. Crank and balancer shaft will go in tonight, on top of new bearings. I've got a broken bolt in the upper half that I need to spot anneal so that I can drill into it.

I like to assemble the upper half first and set all the components into it. Then lower the lower half into place (with the engine upside down). Makes life a lot easier.

Sean

put a venture rotor on my rear wheel a few days back in my attempt to get rid of the brake squeal so far so good.

thanks Bill!

now if this keeps working, i wonder how much they cost if i eve rhave to replace it. looks pretty cool though... i might try a late model rotor back there too with an adapter.

i also no longer have a left over frame bolt holding the caliper on (thanks Sean!) and soon will have some other blacked out parts.

My son told me today that when he gets older he is going to buy a Vmax. I told him that wont be necessary . I'll have one waiting for him. He's 3.

Today was :clapping::punk::eusa_dance::biglaugh: for the max! getting ready for the BR 2010!

No it wasn't... being I can't attend, it don't count unless I get pictures and a phone call. LOL

Dayum it kinda sucks living up here.

This time of year for sure... It was 85? this week and it's supposed to be 66? both days this weekend. PERFECT car work days... I have some paint correcting to do on the G8. Probably take me 14-18 hours.

No it wasn't... being I can't attend, it don't count unless I get pictures and a phone call. LOL

Dayum it kinda sucks living up here.
I hear ya KJ, I have to ride through another country and travel close to 1000 miles but, dammit, I will have me some brownies this year! Only one Max near me but he is always busy of has something planned so we don't ride together. We'll have to ring you up once we get Tim off the spikemobile!

I hear ya KJ, I have to ride through another country and travel close to 1000 miles but, dammit, I will have me some brownies this year! Only one Max near me but he is always busy of has something planned so we don't ride together. We'll have to ring you up once we get Tim off the spikemobile!
Brian, I hear what your saying. I am about 1400 miles away and I really want to go there for some brownies, I mean riding.

I went for a nice 90 mile ride around town today. 60deg and sunny, it was awesome. A good friend of mine picked up a new KTM530 and Yam250 enduros. So tomorrow he, myself and his brother are going to go get another friend of ours and do a little riding. I'll bring the camera and get some pics.

Installed my Backrest that was powder coated Satin Black from Mr. Morley.
Looks great. Bike is dirty as hell, yeah I know. That's next on the list.

009.jpg

006.jpg

Started it for the first time, since putting on the WildBros. EFI unit. It still needs tuned, but nothing leaked or exploded so onto the next step.

Slipped the 17" YZF600R wheel in place without any spacers to take measurements. Will decide where and what to cut and get the machining done later this week. (hopefully)

Attachments

• dsc00070 (3).jpg
    dsc00070 (3).jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 21
got my stax mounted up but then had to take them off b/c they're a pain to take on and of and I have a dyno appt wednesday.

also tried out the new swingarm cap colour. definitely adds something to the bike, i like it. few more to try out.

anyone interested in a set?

Attachments

• 2010-04-18 19.57.17.jpg
    2010-04-18 19.57.17.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 2010-04-18 19.57.37.jpg
    2010-04-18 19.57.37.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 27
got my stax mounted up but then had to take them off b/c they're a pain to take on and of and I have a dyno appt wednesday.

also tried out the new swingarm cap colour. definitely adds something to the bike, i like it. few more to try out.

anyone interested in a set?

what colors do you have?

right now the caps are satin or flat black and the yamaha symbol can be chrome/white/blue/red/orange

Back