What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As usual, haven't done anything to the max lately. Just sitting collecting dust in the garage. Gotta get it ready for winter. Pretty sure I'm done for the year. Its been cold as shit this past week.

I am pretty happy that I scored a brand new EBC rotor for the CR5 off of ebay for $40. I've been needing a new rotor badly but didn't want to spend $100+ on one. Been checking ebay every so often waiting for the right deal and it finally came :eusa_dance: Hard to find good ones for my year as the rotor is and oddball and was only produced for 2 years.

I ended up going with another company for a little bigger meter. its 1.25" x .75", waterproof and just seems to meet all the critera.
http://www.cyclemaxohio.com/inc/sdetail/4231

I have it in my hot little hands as we speak. I'm going to install it the weekend of the 18th, that way finals are all over with and I have some down time. I'll be sure to put up some pictures.

That's a nice little unit....looking forward to your pics.

That's a nice little unit....looking forward to your pics.

Here is a picture of it sitting on an old 9v battery with a couple of med. paperclips to give it some sort of scale.

and a photoshop of it on my instrument pod to give an idea of the after install.

vmeter.jpg

gaugesmockup.jpg

To get it to fit right, it's going to have to be fitted under the plate. It has alot of room between the digits and the edge, so the hole shaped in the plate shouldn't have to be much more than the display of 1" x .5"

KJ, you feel like taking over a project for me to add another product to my listings? It's a gear indicator and I've already got the sending unit/switch.

Sean

KJ, you feel like taking over a project for me to add another product to my listings? It's a gear indicator and I've already got the sending unit/switch.

Sean

Sure, after the 18th, I won't have to return to school until January 20th.
I'll give you a call tomorrow, lemme know what time would be good for you.

KJShover: That's gonna look great. Very good idea.....

I've got a spare cluster, you are giving me ideas.

Very nice KJ.

Sean, the gear indicator I've send You can use any size LED display, even just like that voltmerer KJ installed.
But I dont remember what was that LED display, common anode or common cathode :ummm:

Here's what Prezmek made for me last time.

Attachments

• Gear Indicator.jpg
    Gear Indicator.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 35
I finally moved Redbone into the basement today. I'll be cleaning and then start pulling parts off to repair/ upgrade/ customize Redbone for next season. The mod lists are getting smaller each season but then again they are getting into more $$$$'s now. I predict that the 2012 riding season Redbone should be all that I have envisioned, even though that initial vision has been revised many times the past 4 seasons. :blink000::blink000::blink000:
Aw, hell! I really didn't know what I was getting into when I first purchased Redbone!:rofl_200:If I keep going at this rate by 2015 I could have paid cash for a '15 Vmax!:punk:

Attachments

• IMG_1302.jpg
    IMG_1302.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1303.jpg
    IMG_1303.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1304.jpg
    IMG_1304.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 15
I've "installed" my MadMax swingarm for the fourth time now and hopefully lasst but today was the hardest time yet as I had absolutely no help at all. That was a bitch!! The transfer case, swingarm, rear brakes, rear wheel and lining up the swinarm bolts while holding the transfer case and swinarm is something I really don't want to do again. But that gear indicator is definetly something I want. Ever since my V65 magna I thought why doesn't the Vmax have one? Especially because it's only a 5 speed. I'm always thinking I have another gear on the highway. If anyone knows of a good looking custom fit one let me know. Thanks, Ed

... But that gear indicator is definetly something I want. Ever since my V65 magna I thought why doesn't the Vmax have one? Especially because it's only a 5 speed. I'm always thinking I have another gear on the highway. If anyone knows of a good looking custom fit one let me know. Thanks, Ed

Rumor has it that Morley will have one available. :clapping:

I finally moved Redbone into the basement today. I'll be cleaning and then start pulling parts off to repair/ upgrade/ customize Redbone for next season. The mod lists are getting smaller each season but then again they are getting into more $$$$'s now. I predict that the 2012 riding season Redbone should be all that I have envisioned, even though that initial vision has been revised many times the past 4 seasons. :blink000::blink000::blink000:
Aw, hell! I really didn't know what I was getting into when I first purchased Redbone!:rofl_200:If I keep going at this rate by 2015 I could have paid cash for a '15 Vmax!:punk:

Hey Brian, nice pics! Where did you get the studded snow tires? LOL

G

I said goodbye to my Max :wave bye:
Thursday a man from insurance company will take what's left from my favorite bike
Some already know that before one month and a half an asshole with Chevy Silverado driving in the opposite lane suddenly decide to turn left, right when we was suppose to pass each other living me no way and time to react .It was a front to front hit.
I was riding with 45km.h don't know for his speed but the bike with my wife had a jump back on 6 to 8 meters from the crush point while i was smashing my leg face arm and other pieces on the front of the truck.
damn we all know how much max weight ...

The guy said to the police that he didn't saw me.... strange I use a 6000K xenon headlight and every body else on the street hated me for that cause it shine so bright even in the day.

Now will stay on a bed for a few months to recover .

so today I took the Max and Yamaha Logos to remind me for my favorite one.

Ride safe to all !

it's a pity to hear that man, after all you did on your bike :(
Good to hear you're still fine somehow.

I can imagine what a front to front shock can do, it really sucks man.

Thursday a man from insurance company will take what's left from my favorite bike
Some already know that before one month and a half an asshole with Chevy Silverado driving in the opposite lane suddenly decide to turn left, right when we was suppose to pass each other living me no way and time to react .It was a front to front hit.
I was riding with 45km.h don't know for his speed but the bike with my wife had a jump back on 6 to 8 meters from the crush point while i was smashing my leg face arm and other pieces on the front of the truck.

The guy said to the police that he didn't saw me.... strange I use a 6000K xenon headlight and every body else on the street hated me for that cause it shine so bright even in the day.

Ride safe to all !

What? No way!

Glad You can post this man!

Tell us what exactly happend when You will feel good!

Heal fast and get fat insurane!

Ride safe to all !

So sad to hear this Voltage, I had hoped that you may have been able to repair your Max....she sure was a beauty! I hope you and your wife make a speedy and full recovery.

This is what was left of Voltage's bike....it was a brutal impact!

Attachments

• Voltage's bike.jpg
    Voltage's bike.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 39
Back