What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is the first i've heard of it, man quick recovery voltage!

thanks for the wishes , really apreciate it .
So far the healing is doing fine but still need a lot of time to recover.

so i had a thought. maybe i'd pick up one of these:

http://www.ace4parts.com/Products/CobraCam-USB__TRI-8100.aspx

if i did would people be interested in passing it around to check on their 'o-rings' without having to drop the pans? say like $5-$10 and pay for shipping to the next guy?

My fella have one but, with bulid in screen.

Very nice thingy :clapping:

20288820.jpg

i havent done the oring fix yet, but for the price and time of the bore scope isnt it easier just to do the fix :ummm:

i dunno i've heard its annoying to drop the pan scrape the gasket just to make sure everythings fine.

plus i get a new cool toy!

i dunno i've heard its annoying to drop the pan scrape the gasket just to make sure everythings fine.

plus i get a new cool toy!

That was the biggie for me! If you're lucky, and the gasket is stuck more to the pan, then it's not so bad but mine was welded to the base and it was a SOB to get all the little pieces off! :bang head:

That was the biggie for me! If you're lucky, and the gasket is stuck more to the pan, then it's not so bad but mine was welded to the base and it was a SOB to get all the little pieces off! :bang head:

+1000. Laying on the floor while doing it doesn't make it any more fun either. I'm jealous of you guys with a lift!

I did the "Crimp Fix". Or at least I think I did.
I found the crimp easily enough, but since I have never soldered before I just put a shit-ton of solder all over it and taped it back up. I don't have a voltage meter so I really don't know if it made a difference, but it made me feel better and I'm not too worried about it.

I also put on some cool looking chrome reservoir caps and chrome oil filler cap, replaced the rear signals with some nice aluminum ones and replaced some bolts from a SS bolt kit. That's all I had time for.

ps. Noob owner/mechanic question-What/where are the Upper Manifold Boot Clamps?

Back