What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did the "shotgun". Had a surge/ lack of power from 4500 on up, started noticing reduced mpg. and a sooty can. Musta had a clogged paj1 or paj2. All good now.:eusa_dance:

Pulled the plugs & cleaned them, then tightend up all the clamps (vboost & carbourator boots)
Then hooked her up.to the bwttery tender.
Dave.

Ordered a Stebel Nautilus yesterday. I'm watching a FZR600 speedo gear but will wait to see if Morley has one. Tonight, will change coolant, oil/filter,change clutch fluid and final drive oil. Tomorrow, will do the usual charging system fixes and start shopping for a HID kit. The '99 has dual projectors on it so I think I should take advantage. :)

Ordered a Stebel Nautilus yesterday. I'm watching a FZR600 speedo gear but will wait to see if Morley has one. Tonight, will change coolant, oil/filter,change clutch fluid and final drive oil. Tomorrow, will do the usual charging system fixes and start shopping for a HID kit. The '99 has dual projectors on it so I think I should take advantage. :)

Well, three of the four screws holding the cylinder covers rounded out. Time to drill 'em out! I hate it that Yami uses cheap-ass fasteners.

Having a firing issue help ? Ok here's my dilemma number 1 cylinder is not firing ,
My question is can a faulty pickup coil in the crankcase
Cause 1 cylinder to drop fire or would it drop 2 .
I put a diff comp in no difference change wire harness
No different . Is there a way to ohm test the pickups .
Thx Jason

Having a firing issue help ? Ok here's my dilemma number 1 cylinder is not firing ,
My question is can a faulty pickup coil in the crankcase
Cause 1 cylinder to drop fire or would it drop 2 .
I put a diff comp in no difference change wire harness
No different . Is there a way to ohm test the pickups .
Thx Jason
Pm sent I i will loan you a service manual if you dont have one.

hey does anyone have any pics of the backside of scoops? just want to make sure i put the rubber things that go over the carbs.

The rubber fillers go on the 3 studs for each filler and then help in place by the push on retainer. 2 rubbers and 6 retainers per scoop.

Sean

The rubber fillers go on the 3 studs for each filler and then help in place by the push on retainer. 2 rubbers and 6 retainers per scoop.

Sean

weird, i only had 2 retainers per rubber piece. i'm more looking which side goes out. I think the flat side goes in and the side with the lip goes out.

What did I do today? I stared at both of them and wished I had the parts I needed.:biglaugh:

How many projects can you start before you forget how they all went back together? :rofl_200:

re did my scoops. textured powder on the bottom, satin powder on the top. chrome powder in the letters. red 'anodized' spray finish on the mesh.

Attachments

• scoop.jpg
    scoop.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 33
re did my scoops. textured powder on the bottom, satin powder on the top. chrome powder in the letters. red 'anodized' spray finish on the mesh.
Scoops look great Garrett, I need to get my letters powdercoated gloss black. I have my doubts, but I wonder if my powder guy can do that?

my guy did the black undercoat then taped them off and did them chrome, so i don't see why he couldn't.

Back