What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are working on extending a few tanks too! Just posted pics on facebook last night. I even have a chain drive tank on hand.

Sean

one of mine never worked from day 1. finally after a few months got a answer from harlan and i sent it back to be looked at. no word if he got it and whats going on, again almost 2 months or so. really like them and want to put the bike back together.

with only a 90 day warranty, it was easier for me just to order a new one. which i did last sunday.

ya for sure, but he said he would look at it and get back to me, dont want to spend another 50 plus shipping when the first one never worked at all.

I ordered 2 kits. One for each side of the front wheel. Each kit contained the pistons and rubber seals. I ordered mine through the local yamaha dealer. They sell the kits with or without the pistons. Every place I called or looked at online assumed I only wanted the seal kit so make sure to be specific when ordering. Price was a bit cheaper online, but when you factor in the shipping it was more costly than going through the dealer. Good luck
What all is in this kit and where do you get it?

I'm replacing clutch fluid now and drinking a tall boy Schlitz. Wooh, no longer a Schlitz virgin! Next, just need to take compression and clean air filters. That should be it for service this year besides gas and oil.

Last night I started up Redbone for the first time since Oct.! After1-2 turnovers I let off the starter, then I hit it again, it spins 3 more times and fires! It runs up to 2k rpms, just like normal. Did I tell you that I love this 2 year old PC680! I let it warm up for about 10 min and it settles down to a nice 1k rpm rumble. When I tried revving it stumbled a bit up to 3k then would run clean, but after 10 min that went away and would rev to 6-7k with no problem. :punk:
I going to gather up my few mods that I have to do and get them done by the end of the month. I probably have close to a month before the snow will be gone. I'll wait until all the sand and salt dust is washed off the roads because I don't want any of that crap on Redbone!

CaptainKyle's been working at putting these together for me. I already had the Sissy Bar on but he came up with a rack too. He had all the parts powder coated for me in Sparkle Silver. Atleast that's what I believe he said it was... It matches all the other powder coated items I've got from him...I put it all together tonight and Love this set up....

:clapping:I don't know how he can find these Rare Artifacts the way he does but he's always got Cool Parts on hand or coming in...

I had to crop the picture to get the other bikes and junk out of the shot. :confused2:

Attachments

• Strafer Rack Sissy Bar.jpg
    Strafer Rack Sissy Bar.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 26
Washed the 7 weeks of dust off my 85 vmax today. Did not get the kickstand down right in the garage and wound up with a broken elbow, had surgery to put it back together and now the cast is off and I am ready to ride even if the Dr said no full throttle rides.

started my L E D rear tail light today just started by drilling the spot welds (at work) lol ! this way i can put it back to stock

Attachments

• 0311111157.jpg
    0311111157.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 13
I had to pull the bike out to get mower out. I mowed the lawn then took the bike out for a short ride to lube it up. I've got a lot of work to do on it and I better get started.

Today

Took the 05 outside & did some cleanup work while waiting for the temp. to rise. When it hit 60 degrees............ I was on the road.

Made a stop at the local shop to check on some back ordered parts(new brake pads & braided lines). When they come I'm going to replace the stock pads & lines, and am also putting on a new fork brace, frame braces, and OEM windscreen.

Left shop to gas up for a good ride, and on the way to the station, an old geezer in a ratty looking (rust bucket) pickup pulls out in front of me (real slow) from the center turn lane.
He had that deer in the headlight look in his eyes when he finally saw me coming. Only heavy braking kept me from broadsiding him. Had about 2 car lengths left to spare. Reaffirmed why I want to replace the stock brake pads & lines.
I "saluted" him, then went looking for some "open road".
Had about 50 miles, and a high speed run on the trip meter before I cooled down.

Gotta watch that center lane, and those side roads !!!
Idiots will kill you faster than a VMax............

Jester 42

Dale Walker.

They appear to be well made, the fit & finish appear to be good, and I see no reason why they will not "help" stop some of the frame flex.
They are bolt on; I didn't want anything that had to be welded.
They are pricey, but what brand isn't?

I am NOT a mechanical genius by any stretch of the imagination.
I just like to ride fast on VMaxs.
Suggest you seek additonal input.

Thumbnail shows the Dale Walker braces mounted on my 07.
That bike has recently had the Dunlops replaced with Metzler 880s, and the stock shocks replaced with Progressive shocks.
Not everybody will agree with those choices either............
I do listen to advice, but the bottom line is; I do what suits me.

Jester 42

Attachments

• March 3, 2011.jpg
    March 3, 2011.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 20
Back