What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After two weeks of being down, finally fired up max and took him to work!!!!! And couldn'tve picked a better day. sun is shinin'. low 70s. cloudless blue skies :punk:

dang it. missed being post #3000 by one. congrats dan-o. hehehe

This has been an amazing success. I started the original "what did you do to your vmax" thread back in 2006 I think and for a reason I'm not sure of, Buster closed it and started this one. It had 2155 posts in it. I believe that was before some of you new post whores jumped on here.

Here's a link to the original. http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=1734&highlight=vmax+today

Chris

Got home from work so figured I would do a compression test on the "new" bike.

Got 209, 210, 216, 205.

Yeah, 1200 engine but something's been done...just don't know what. 133+ horse power with 85 ft/lbs of torque.

I got 14" cans w/2" baffles. I bought a set of each Rov, first the black ceramic, then the s/s and mixed & matched them on the two bikes.

That's what the smart money would have done Chris....I thought a little heat and they'd slip right on and got too far into it before realizing there was a better way! :bang head:

ya just didnt know if the cans were p/c or ceramic..... 2" sounds great, gotta find the video on 2 1/4, not that i want it loud just wondering.........:hmmm::hmmm:

ya just didnt know if the cans were p/c or ceramic..... 2" sounds great, gotta find the video on 2 1/4, not that i want it loud just wondering.........:hmmm::hmmm:
Mine has 2.25"/ 12" cans Rovic. I even have a video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-X2tbrqmxo
I found another video that was filmed outside but Redbone was just warming up on a cool morning. Uploading to YouTube now.
Here it is, not that great of a video but gives a better idea of the sound. Filmed on a Cannon point and shoot camera.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEexwfjAisU

Mine has 2.25"/ 12" cans Rovic. I even have a video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-X2tbrqmxo
I found another video that was filmed outside but Redbone was just warming up on a cool morning. Uploading to YouTube now.
Here it is, not that great of a video but gives a better idea of the sound. Filmed on a Cannon point and shoot camera.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEexwfjAisU

nice!!!!!

thats the system you had at BR2010 right???? soo many great exhaust hard to remember all the sounds.....

nice!!!!!

thats the system you had at BR2010 right???? soo many great exhaust hard to remember all the sounds.....
Yep, and there were many nice exhausts at BR'10, sounds like there will be even more this year. :punk:
I hear tell there may be over 100 of those Vmaxers taking over downtown Chatham! :biglaugh:

Yep, and there were many nice exhausts at BR'10, sounds like there will be even more this year. :punk:
I hear tell there may be over 100 of those Vmaxers taking over downtown Chatham! :biglaugh:

It's true, more'n a hundred of them fire breathing, tire shredding, blacktop wrinkling V max's....right here in Center City Chatham.

There is a great deal of apprehension at 1 Police Plaza over this situation and the town fathers are meeting to discuss contacting the NYS Div. of Military & Naval for ground troops to assist One Adam Chatham with crowd control.

Local news reported that a representative from the town supervisors office left early this morning for Brownie Run Central, (the name of the hideout where these dangerous felons congregate), in an attempt to persuade their leader, a guy who calls himself Dannymax, (a giant of a man....easily 8 feet tall, and weighing in at 8 or 9 stones!!) to call off this meet.

The representative has not been heard from since and there are concerns for his safety.

i have good news and bad news.

good news - rev limiters works

bad news - harlan shift light doesn't work above 4k rpms. ( i tested at 2k and 3k before setting it to 9k)

It's true, more'n a hundred of them fire breathing, tire shredding, blacktop wrinkling V max's....right here in Center City Chatham.

There is a great deal of apprehension at 1 Police Plaza over this situation and the town fathers are meeting to discuss contacting the NYS Div. of Military & Naval for ground troops to assist One Adam Chatham with crowd control.

Local news reported that a representative from the town supervisors office left early this morning for Brownie Run Central, (the name of the hideout where these dangerous felons congregate), in an attempt to persuade their leader, a guy who calls himself Dannymax, (a giant of a man....easily 8 feet tall, and weighing in at 8 or 9 stones!!) to call off this meet.

The representative has not been heard from since and there are concerns for his safety.

I heard this Danny-o-max once eat a hole horse at one sitting while snacking on small forest creatures as deserts....... for true thats what happened:biglaugh:

Fixed the clutch master cylinder I "jacked up" hey no more sloppy lever (more on that later). Ordered all new braided lines....bye, bye OEM.

Has anyone bought Holeshot Shocks from Dale Walker? like the look and would compliment my holeshot exhaust...but are they work 80 bucks more then Progressives?

Oh ya and made a new Army post sticker plate that mounts under my engine guards.

Happy wrench turning to all,
Darren:punk:

Sync'ed my carbs for the first time ever. Question: How long do you watch the levels after you set them before you move on to the next step? Seems that I would get them level only to have them slowly diverge. Also, one carb seemed to be much slower to drop back down then others. Is that indicative of anything?

Sync'ed my carbs for the first time ever. Question: How long do you watch the levels after you set them before you move on to the next step? Seems that I would get them level only to have them slowly diverge. Also, one carb seemed to be much slower to drop back down then others. Is that indicative of anything?

Usually blipping the throttle after each adjustment will help them settle in a little quicker.

Back