What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up my painted parts finally and they look beautiful. Now that I'm over the sticker shock I guess it's worth it. Like they say "you get what you pay for" and that said I'll post some pics soon and see what everyone thinks. Ed

I ordered a new air box cover and air duct, also a new k and n air filter, installed both today, haven't gotten to ride it yet. Why did I buy these parts you ask? Because the silly owner before me took it to a mechanic who thought it was a good idea to chop up the cover for more air flow, the guy even cut out the rubber seal in the k and n air filter. Now it's back to stock and hopefully solves my air:fuel ratio issue.

Got my Max set up for long distance riding. Mounted the Heavy-Duty rack I make, (see thread #17405), and a 2-gallon auxiliary gas tank. This gives me a usable range between gas stations of about 230-240 miles. Now I can ride with Ventures, Gold Wings, ST's, FJR's, etc., and I won't always be the one who needs to stop first for gas.:clapping:

Attachments

• SideView.JPG
    SideView.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 39
  • CloseUp.JPG
    CloseUp.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 39
Got my seat back on my bike. 55 bucks and it's cut the same-ish way as the sportmax seat, He was even able to re-use the cover.

I'll find out how much more comfortable it is tomorrow.

Well actually it was my trailer I worked on. Set it up to fit the Max. Used a bunch of scrap stuff I had around. Built a ramp, front wheel chock, Reinforced eyes for tie downs. Almost done. Hope I don't need it Friday, but if it's pouring here I'll trailer to the BR 2011.
Steve-o

I spent all of last night restoring the finish on an 85 front wheel. Took it to CaptainKyle's today, we took a like new original 1985 front tire off (PITA) and put the Dunlop that came off my 94 ( Upgraded it to Metzler 880's) on the rim (RPITA). Still about 80% good. I spent tonight putting finishing touches on the rim, cleaning the rotors, getting it ready to go on my 89...:biglaugh: Retro Look.... I'm going to have a set of post 86 rims, maybe I'll have them powdercoated black...:ummm:

I ordered a new air box cover and air duct, also a new k and n air filter, installed both today, haven't gotten to ride it yet. Why did I buy these parts you ask? Because the silly owner before me took it to a mechanic who thought it was a good idea to chop up the cover for more air flow, the guy even cut out the rubber seal in the k and n air filter. Now it's back to stock and hopefully solves my air:fuel ratio issue.

That's exactly what I did, cut out that rubbery flap at the top of the K&N and cut a HUGE hole in the airbox & cover :biglaugh: you will need air correctors when jetting the carbs

Bolted on some new signals and worked on getting my old givi windscreen some new life. Watched my brother do a nice job of scraping his stator gasket off the cover and case on his FZ1. Tomorrow he attempts to pull off his flywheel, our buddy the ex-Honda mechanic will oversee his work.

looked at it. rain since last sunday, rain is supposed to continue thru the following sunday.

Got my Max set up for long distance riding. Mounted the Heavy-Duty rack I make, (see thread #17405), and a 2-gallon auxiliary gas tank. This gives me a usable range between gas stations of about 230-240 miles. Now I can ride with Ventures, Gold Wings, ST's, FJR's, etc., and I won't always be the one who needs to stop first for gas.:clapping:
Is it just a 3/8 or 5/16" gas line running to the fuel pump off a 't' w/some inline valve? I saw one where they connect to the stock filler neck w/tubing or pipe. That looks like a 1950's "Moon" rail dragster tank in style.

Is it just a 3/8 or 5/16" gas line running to the fuel pump off a 't' w/some inline valve? I saw one where they connect to the stock filler neck w/tubing or pipe. That looks like a 1950's "Moon" rail dragster tank in style.

Yeah, it's a 3/8" line routed under the pillion with a ball valve under the rack. Here it is before mounting the tank.

Attachments

• Backrest&Rack.JPG
    Backrest&Rack.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 19
Sent a Contact E-mail through Morley Muscle for some upgrades and replacement earlier.

The primary reason is ever since I tipped over at a stoplight, the handlebars have been bent, so I'm looking at getting new ones. The mirrors are kinda rusty and unstable after this last winter, and I need a new headlight thingy.

Depending on the response, I'm either going with the superbike bars, or a drag bar with risers.

Finally got to put some miles on the intiminators. Bike is very stable and planted in curves, much better than stock. Only problem was the bike started acting up, and I had to head for home. Gonna have to pull the carbs and clean them. I guess its a good time to re-jet while I'm in there!

just chg the oil, gonna take it for a burn as its a kick ass day out there........

Changed the oil, changed the plugs, topped off the coolant, installed the Givi windscreen and synced the carbs. Redbone is getting blessed tomorrow, then I'll burn off the bald Shinko and then remove it so I can have the new one put on Monday.

Rode up to Anchorage to do some shopping. About 2 miles from Anchorage the bike suddenly got extremely loud. Pulled over and looked it over and found that the exhaust clamp had come off on the number 4 cylinder. Road over to the dealer with crossed fingers. Bad news, they only had one nut, good news, they put it on in the parking lot free of charge.

What did i do today? I limped home and put my bike up to wait for my nut to show up.

Back