What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took the Mrs for a ride 160km to test out the highway bars and get some brunch. Then out to my mates place to show off the new toy and start designing the forward controls. Intermittent drizzle all day so she was filthy when I got her home so gave her a bath before parking her in the shed. A good day all up.

I cleaned the bike up, changed the oil, and checked the tire damage after a 1300+ mile trip to northern Arkansas with a zx14, fz1, 2 concourse, and 4 fjr's. You guessed it, time for new tires again. Man it's fun wearing out tires!!!:eusa_dance:
I need to start a tire fund.

Rode about 150 miles on it after of course a cleaning and polishing session( but that's everyday) also took it to a park for some good pics. Just gotta figure where to post the pics on here. But had a beautiful weekend of weather and hoping for a few more of the same so I can ride before the shitty stuff arrives. Ed

Rode about 150 miles on it after of course a cleaning and polishing session( but that's everyday) also took it to a park for some good pics. Just gotta figure where to post the pics on here. But had a beautiful weekend of weather and hoping for a few more of the same so I can ride before the shitty stuff arrives. Ed

Enjoy it while its here Ed...
newspaper said november and december is gonna be cold :snow:

Damn i am really getting sick of these cold , long winters.
Might have to move in coprunners new house for a few months :th_bfxbfxvfxv:

Enjoy it while its here Ed...
newspaper said november and december is gonna be cold :snow:

Damn i am really getting sick of these cold , long winters.
Might have to move in coprunners new house for a few months :th_bfxbfxvfxv:

best idea ive heard all week hahahah

easier to beg for forgiveness then ask for permission hahahha, wont need a heater in the garage i bet hahahaha

I put in some stabil, went for a nice ride around town, topped off the tank and washed it.

Then misted the metal bits with a spray oil and finished winterizing it.I then pushed it to his spot in the garage, plugged in the battery tender, covered it up and put it to sleep, to be awakened in April 2012 :biglaugh:

haha> lets all go Rov, the more the merrier. i'm sure his wife would'nt mind.:icon_rolleyes:

I saw some pics of the house and it looks big enough for one more besides you guys, so.....me & Rov will meet you in King of Prussia, PA and we'll head south from there!!

I'm sure they'd love to see us!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

I saw some pics of the house and it looks big enough for one more besides you guys, so.....me & Rov will meet you in King of Prussia, PA and we'll head south from there!!

I'm sure they'd love to see us!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

i like the plan :punk::punk:

I had trouble with the ignition only working when twisted to a point between on and off. I found the thread about reconditioning the ignition and tore it apart. Seems some white piece in the ignition had melted partially. I was able to position the contact by wedging rubber between it and the white piece near the spring. When I hooked it back up, it works great.

I also fixed the fan switch. It wasn't hooked up at all. Bought some additional wire, and hooked it up. I had to do some soldering as on of the wires was loose on the switch contact as well. That now works.

Replaced the broken brake lever and tightened down my highway pegs. I'm starting to known my way around the bike. I'll have to order a carb sync tool so that I can sync my carbs. Saw that process in another thread and it appears to be a an easy process. Did I mention this forum rocks?!?!?! :punk:

Yesterday evening I was fixing my -85 Max for it?s winter store condition. I changed the oil pressure cauge and it?s piping, installed a new oil pan screw, changed an oil filter and exhanged the oil for the fresh and nicely earth smelling mineral 20W-40. Everything looked perfect and I started the engine to get the oil warm for the level checking... What!!! The oil filter cover was leaking bad and about two litres of the oil was sprayed on the floor... :bang head: I tightened the oil filter cover bolt without any effect... I started to unbolt it and quess what... the bolt was rounded... :smhair: Well, today a new bolt is ordered from Holland and I?m going to St Petersburg Russia for the Inwetex Travel Exhibition. I will not think about what is waiting for me in my garage when I come back. I can assure you that the best way to forget problems is to walk around in the sunny St Petersburg, look around and to see not only the most beautiful architecture... :eusa_dance:

ya sometimes the best thing is to walk away and come back to it later hahahhaha, enjoy your trip.

I ordered a shield and a set of Supertrapp pipes today...Spend spend spend!!!

Back