What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Removed swing arm, wheels and rotors/discs, gave them a good clean for exchange to larger set at weekend as I am upgrading to a taylormade tribal front and 280 rear..

Attachments

• DSC_8016.jpg
    DSC_8016.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC_8017.jpg
    DSC_8017.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 31
:eusa_dance::biglaugh:I ordered my Supertrapp's from Sean today:biglaugh::eusa_dance:

Threw a leg over and went for a nice 60 - 70 mile ride. This is my riding weather, 55? - 70?, comfortably wear all the gear, bike runs great....just too bad it doesn't last a little longer.

That was last night, gonna rain today but nice for the 5 days after that, I plan on going out again and again and again........!! :punk:

:punk:
Threw a leg over and went for a nice 60 - 70 mile ride. This is my riding weather, 55? - 70?, comfortably wear all the gear, bike runs great....just too bad it doesn't last a little longer.

That was last night, gonna rain today but nice for the 5 days after that, I plan on going out again and again and again........!! :punk:

:punk:

I dunno guys, the thermometer said '65' when I got up this a.m. You might have to put on a sweater now...I did go for a ride on my FZR1000 to check on progress at the shop on my VMax.

easier to beg for forgiveness then ask for permission hahahha, wont need a heater in the garage i bet hahahaha

Installed Gannons COP kit.

The bike fired up immediately and ran great. It's been running great all year. So it's hard to tell if the COPS improved anything. I do think the throttle is a little crisper and the idle is a little smoother. Idle is 1,000 rpm. I'm toying with the idea of eliminating the resistor. To see if that makes any difference. I don't know if it's worth it.

I mainly installed them to eliminate the spark plug wire between the coils and spark plugs. I like the idea of having the coils sitting directly on the spark plugs . It just seems like it eliminates the possibility of bad spark plug wires.

Let's see...

Removed seat, tank cover, side covers.
Checked for any wet areas.
Removed battery tender leads.
Removed spark plugs to check color.
Tighten all the carb clamps
Remove Cobra pipes.
Install center stand.
Removed back tire.
Installed Stock pipes

Double checking parts bandit now to make sure I put everything together right ;)

Went on a nice a little chilly ride. Not sure why but my bike loves to run in cold weather. Anyone ever notice if their bike idles just a little bit faster just before the fuel light comes on? I've been meaning to ask this but always forget. Ed✨

Went on a nice a little chilly ride. Not sure why but my bike loves to run in cold weather. Anyone ever notice if their bike idles just a little bit faster just before the fuel light comes on? I've been meaning to ask this but always forget. Ed✨

I believe you have a slightly rich condition, that is indicative of a rich condition. Ever notice how your weedwacker picks-up rpm's just before it runs out of gas? Same idea.

I believe you have a slightly rich condition, that is indicative of a rich condition. Ever notice how your weedwacker picks-up rpm's just before it runs out of gas? Same idea.

I'm running Vgas flatsides( gues I shoulda mentioned that). It runs great and haven't had to adjust them at all since they were installed. Sorta concerned if I start messing with them they might start being finicky. I will s check them out though, thanks, Ed✨

Finally got a chance to work on my 89 pulled it out yesterday & changed all the wiring & Relays & yanked out the front coils its officially a 96 wring wise now. All I need to do is hook up the blinkers now & wait on Gannons Coil kit & probably clean my carbs again & it should be good to go unless I get some wild hair to tear it apart again for some reason.

Put Sean Morley's Chrome scoops on my '88.:rocket bike:

Thanks for the quality kit Sean. :clapping:

Finally put it back in one piece & put my mega scoops on & took it for a ride.:punk:

Attachments

• More solo Max 002.jpg
    More solo Max 002.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 16
  • More solo Max 005.jpg
    More solo Max 005.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 13
  • More solo Max 006.jpg
    More solo Max 006.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 21
  • More solo Max 009.jpg
    More solo Max 009.jpg