What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's already being changed. I don't like the way the paint turned out on the gauges. It would have been better with the black going all the way to the gauge face. So I'm stripping off the black paint and restoring the old silver finish. Then I'm just going to paint the very tip of the bezel black to contrast with the face plate.

There, this is better. It now has a brushed aluminum finish with a black ring around the edge. As soon as I finish wiring the new harness for it, I'll install it.

p1030534z.jpg

Installed new bigger AGM battery, replaced stock ignitor with new Ignitech system, wired V-boost open need new controller, and bled front brakes. Runs and stops a lot better now. :biglaugh:

Well I did it yesterday. I was out on the honda, max is not legal at this second. But I got caught thunder storm. I stopped at shop wait out the worst part of the rain (good idea) I was soaked anyway. But when I went to leave, I rode through a parking spot that was extra nasty with grease, oil and what ever leaked there. I lost control of the Honda and it was coming out from under me. To save from falling or dumping the bike, I dropped my feet to the ground (good idea) but the bike was now headed to the bump parking stop. I steered the bike to go between two of them. Before I could get my feet off the ground. I rammed my foot in the to concrete parking stop, and my leg hit the foot peg and rolled my foot under and broke my big toe on my left foot. I drove the bike home still many miles from home and each shift hurt like hell. My big toe is black and hurts like a mother. But at lease I did not dump the bike on the parking stop.

Well I did it yesterday. I was out on the honda, max is not legal at this second. But I got caught thunder storm. I stopped at shop wait out the worst part of the rain (good idea) I was soaked anyway. But when I went to leave, I rode through a parking spot that was extra nasty with grease, oil and what ever leaked there. I lost control of the Honda and it was coming out from under me. To save from falling or dumping the bike, I dropped my feet to the ground (good idea) but the bike was now headed to the bump parking stop. I steered the bike to go between two of them. Before I could get my feet off the ground. I rammed my foot in the to concrete parking stop, and my leg hit the foot peg and rolled my foot under and broke my big toe on my left foot. I drove the bike home still many miles from home and each shift hurt like hell. My big toe is black and hurts like a mother. But at lease I did not dump the bike on the parking stop.

Ouch man, I hope you heal up quick.

If I had boots on I would have broke my leg at the ankle or just above it. I have a ride to lead in the morning and omg it going to hurt.

Put a Harley sticker on the stick after its painted black!
I might just do that, but not that anyone would notice. I am just glad I did not really get hurt or dump the bike on top of the parking stop, they had rebar holding them in place and sticking out.

would you belive it been waiting all bloody winter to get out on her ,the weathers fantastic to day but shes in bits down the workshop [only running on 3 pots] as posted in f.a.q.
i must have upset somebody......LOL

OW!
That's no good mate!

I'm glad it wasn't worse. Ice is the way I roll on these types of injuries. Heal fast Bro.
Steve-o

Found my charging issue was a bad stator, replaced that.
Bike was still running rough so i changed the plugs,took it to the gas station and put fresh gas in it then ran the shit out of it till i got home. seems to be running good now, maybe just needed that from sitting for 6 months :confused2:

Damn it feels good to be on the road again, even though it was only for 30 minutes. New front end feels solid as a rock too :punk:

PD,
Heal quick--- riding season is uppon us ( but we just got snowed on again)

I drained and filled the differential---- not much in there???
Lew

Latest posts

Back