What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bleed 'em ; more ; again ; more ; again . Still spongy. Dammit . Sean said to test ride it and they are progressive. Spongy at first and progressively gets harder as you squeeze . Damn , gotta finish the rear end mods before I can tackle a test ride.

Attachments

• DSC03475.jpg
    DSC03475.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 25
Just installed my new to me Progressive 412 11.5" shocks - went for a short test cruise, and am pretty happy with them! Gonna take the wife out in a little while, see how they are riding two-up....

Make use of the spring preload collars before the passenger ride. You will notice the difference. Better yet try it on the softest setting & them ramp 'em up stiffer and ride it each way to feel the difference.

Rode her to run most of the gas out, came home and put a new tank sender in. I got the siphon hose out and drained the gas down till the light came on. Then ran her till she started to sputter and flipped the swith to res. Alls working great again.
Steve-o

color shift body i got from Sean Morley.
looks great!:punk:

Attachments

• 20120804_135624.jpg
    20120804_135624.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 34
Went rdiing with my brother & a bunch of other friends yesterday. Gonna do the same thing today. Roy & I had a a little street racing fun yesterday. I think I am gonna need a new back tire when I get home it keeps smoking.:biglaugh:

going for a burn today:punk:....dont care if the ol lady likes it or not:rofl_200:

Rode around with a new friend, he was on a Ducati Pinacle (or something like that) this is one of the top 3 fastest production bike made in 2012, and I have to tell you this thing is no joke!!!! I banged 3rd and he flew by me like I slammed on the brakes, he was at 130+. The other guy riding with us said that every time I got into it I was blowin smoke pretty bad, carbon by the sounds of it. I did have the carbs synced a month or so ago, but I think I have an electrical gremlin somewhere. I have been gettin 40+ mpg (35 with passenger) and seems to fire up ok sometimes she needs the choke though. I noticed when I left for the ride she was spitting back through the carbs a couple times till she warmed up. So I am wondering where to begin....

Got my new'ish footpeg for my bike to replace the one that was broken. I can finally ride the bike again without my foot dragging beside the bike... although this peg doesn't line up exactly right so it will be a little awkward until I get used to it. Looking forward to riding with confidence again. :)

I finally ordered a new battery today. I'm going to try a Shoria LFX 21L6-BS12. It's 5.83" wide x 3.23" thick x 5.51 tall. Found it at amazon for $190.00. It's a 21amp/hr and weighs 3.04 lbs.

Lost a bolt
%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

M10x1.25 50mm?

I finally ordered a new battery today. I'm going to try a Shoria LFX 21L6-BS12. It's 5.83" wide x 3.23" thick x 5.51 tall. Found it at amazon for $190.00. It's a 21amp/hr and weighs 3.04 lbs.

You'll have to let us know how it works.

I put a running light where the rear reflector was on the back. I contemplated a brake light but
thought on all the time was better.It's ggod to be seen.
Steve-o

In the last 9 mo. I have bought two lithium batteries (Ballistic), one for my FZR 1000 & one for the "Max. Never going back to lead/acid/ gel mat or whatever. These flat-work! Yes more-expensive, but much lighter & smaller!

And tomorrow I am picking-up my Bridgestone BT-023-shod Kosman 5.5" rear/stock front wheels. Just dropped them off at Competition Cycle Center on Old Griffin Road in Dania Beach, next to the Ft. Lauderdale Airport (FLL). So I am jazzed about seeing if they really do make a difference. I had new tires on this year, so I think I should be in a good position to determine if they help.

Still need to install my Race-Tech springs & RICOR's. Did All-Balls head bearings. Already have Prog. Susp. shocks in the rear.

Update-just took a ride to Tower Shops in Davie FL west of Ft. Lauderdale, where they have a Fri night parking lot car, truck, & bike show. Free admission & if you want to be in the display area it's cheap-enough, a few bucks. There are some great vehicles which show-up here, kind-of like the CA's Rock Store, w/o the curves on Mulholland & the hills. I have seen some neat vehicles over the years, a 504 cu. in. Studebaker Lark pro-street the guy's owned since new, it came w/a V8 but he's of course made in into a wild ride. Looks fairly stock until you see the tubbed rear & hear it idling...

A guy brings a Griffith, an alternative to a small block AC Cobra or a Sunbeam Tiger; the Griffith was a neat car that morphed into a really swoopy design called the Italia in the early '70's but didn't last long.

Saw an Ariel Arrow w/an FZR1000 engine in it, like a formula car for the street.

Plenty of blown hot rods from early '30's lowboys, to highboys, to fat '40's Fords & '50's Mercurys, plenty of muscle cars, sports cars from the '50's, '60's, & newer, not-so-many bikes, as it's a car show mostly.

But tonight I got onto University Dr. & it was sprinkling, so I turned-around & headed home.

When I began the trip, I hadn't run my FZR1000 in several months, about the same time I got my VMax's engine back-in after (see thread: dyno dilemma). The lithium battery spun it over like it didn't know I had been gone 60+ days, started-up just fine, and away we went. The last time I used it may actually be closer to the end of April. So, I am really-pleased w/my Ballistic battery. Kyle and Sean can get them for you too. Plus, you save weight!

I laid my Vmax down 2 days after I bought it. :bang head: Was told by my local bike mechanic the frame was slightly bent. :bang head::bang head: So what I did to my Vmax today was tore her down to basically a rolling chassis w/ engine and I'll be taking it to Computrac in Georgia to get her straigtened out.

I'd be surprised if it was actually bent enough to be a problem unless it hit a curb or something very hard when it bounced around.

Latest posts

Back