What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rode it to work and back in absolute sunshine. Some bloke in a souped up SS Ute tried it on, to be fair he did keep up fairly well but he was never catching. Awesome!

Oil and filter change on the old 85, Rotella 15W40 gives it such a smooth shift.....OOPs forgot to ghange rear end oil.............

Cut in a voltmeter...

D0D4CAB7-E071-4C43-AF8D-029ED254B3F6-44036-0000053129A37A8F.jpg

Nice job Dave!...........I like it.........Tom.

nice where did you get the meter, was their a light their?

Thanks guys! I just searched the web for the smallest digital voltmeter, and ended up getting it off eBay. Had to wait for the slowboat from china to get it. There isn't a light in that spot, just a plastic bump behind a hole cut in the metal faceplate. I opened the holes up enough to fit, then trimmed plastic to fit. Here is the meter glued in:
BD9CE188-08D3-415A-B507-0A1429D9C850-44701-00000546395D7CF6.jpg

And the mating side trimmed to fit:
291B1A90-D733-4354-84D3-A26BA86BE706-44701-000005464415E083.jpg

What is the wiring configuration?......Black=Gnd.........Red=Key on.......Green?.................Tom.

Black = GND
Red = Power
Green = Metering

Just hooking up black and red will yield you 0.0, the green wire does the measuring as it were. So, you hook black and green direct to the battery, and red to switched power so it isn't always on.

Very well done. :clapping:
Something tells me this all looks familiar to you KJ... As I was formulating the process a few weeks ago I ran across your picture showing something earily similar... Haha, but now you have moved on!

Something tells me this all looks familiar to you KJ... As I was formulating the process a few weeks ago I ran across your picture showing something earily similar... Haha, but now you have moved on!

Yours turned out much better than mine did. :worthy:

Finished up with the bodywork paint. Tomorrow afternoon, in between study breaks for some tests I have coming up, I'll install them. I also finished the mods on the solenoids to take the nitrous system duties. They cycle real nice when under pressure. When my friend gets done building the tester, I'll build the testing rack, then we'll see how well they clack and how long before failure. :biglaugh: unfortunately, you have to break them to see how well they're going to work. I'd rather bust them on the bench vs. on the bike and cost me an engine. :eusa_dance:

Attachments

• Nitrous Decal_2.jpg
    Nitrous Decal_2.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 22
  • bottle.jpg
    bottle.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Nitrous and Fuel Solenoids.jpg
    Nitrous and Fuel Solenoids.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 22
While taking a break between study sessions, I'm rewiring my tail section. I'm ashamed to say, when I first put it on, the wiring was just crimp connectors and zip-ties. Now it's all new wiring, with a proper loom and 6-pin connector.

While taking a break between study sessions, I'm rewiring my tail section. I'm ashamed to say, when I first put it on, the wiring was just crimp connectors and zip-ties. Now it's all new wiring, with a proper loom and 6-pin connector.

Haha, pretty sure we all fall victim to the "I just want it done now!" syndrome that leads to shortcuts only meant to be utilized for a couple days... 2 years later.... oh wow... who did that?!

repacked the kerker, charged up the battery......a little choke and after almost 11 months of sitting the bike fired right up, idled great and next i will check the sync as i never have with the vboost re installed...and ofcourse take her out for a spin.....cant wait

Cleaned it up so i can pollish it before it go's to storage. And made my mind up that i will keep it. Thinking of having Todd from CC make me some cool cover's and who knows what else i can inspire him to make.

Installed my new Smaller Arrow Shaped Front and Rear Turn Signals.

Attachments

• Rear_Turn_Signals_1.jpg
    Rear_Turn_Signals_1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Rear_Turn_Signals_Night_2.jpg
    Rear_Turn_Signals_Night_2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Rear_Turn_Signals_Day_1.jpg
    Rear_Turn_Signals_Day_1.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Rear_Turn_Signals_Day_2.jpg
    Rear_Turn_Signals_Day_2.jpg