What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like those bungee/shock caps....gonna grap up some soon's I decide on chrome or black!

I rebuilt the rear caliper & master cylinder...apparently the rear master isn't as prone to water accumulation as the front ones....the fluid looked nasty but the master cleaned up easily.

Installed SS front brake lines and rebuilt MC. WAY harder than it should have been. First, a rounded allen bolt in my reservoir cap, no other bit worked, had to buy an EZ-out. Then my cheap snap ring pliers were too short to get into the master cylinder, had to buy better/longer ones. Then my bleeders were clogged. NO stores stock them, soaked them in WD-40, poked a wire in there I got from the BBQ grill brush, sprayed with brake cleaner and got them cleaned out. At least I had a Mighty-Vac to bleed them. Now if I could get it to stop raining.

Another adventure for THE NOOB WRENCHER!:clapping:

Installed SS front brake lines and rebuilt MC. WAY harder than it should have been. First, a rounded allen bolt in my reservoir cap, no other bit worked, had to buy an EZ-out. Then my cheap snap ring pliers were too short to get into the master cylinder, had to buy better/longer ones. Then my bleeders were clogged. NO stores stock them, soaked them in WD-40, poked a wire in there I got from the BBQ grill brush, sprayed with brake cleaner and got them cleaned out. At least I had a Mighty-Vac to bleed them. Now if I could get it to stop raining.

Another adventure for THE NOOB WRENCHER!:clapping:

Next time, try a set of tip cleaners for a torch, very cheap & lots of different diameters. Also, I have just used a small drill bit and a pair of pliers, you may need two different sizes, one for the bleeder spigot and one for the perpendicular drilled hole of the bleeder, the part that is inside the caliper when the bleedeer is in-place. If you look at the Dremel accessories, they sell some really-small bits in a set for ~$10.

As to the "need for snap-ring pliers," thank-you for playing, the answer is, no! They are not needed to disassemble your snap ring inside the master cyl ass'y. Merely use a long, straight pick to dislodge one side of the snap ring and then use the pick to work the unfastened side around until you remove the other side. To seat it on reassembly, use a 1/4" deep socket set, choose the correct size to fit snugly into the opening on your master cylinder 'tunnel,' then drop-in your snap ring and use the socket and maybe an extension to press it into-place, until you feel/hear it 'snap' in-place.

I have used my Dremel & a cut-off wheel to cut a notch in the ragged-out head cap cover, and then merely use a tight-fitting slot-head screwdriver.

I, ordered another set of Z6 Metzlers. Tina asked me what I wanted for Chritmas,so. The 180/55/17 was on closeout for $98. But I reordered the tires because I like them.
Steve-o

Excellent choice Steve-o!! :clapping: I love those tires....the real Metz's too....'Made in Germany'.....at least they were a couple years ago!

I, ordered another set of Z6 Metzlers. Tina asked me what I wanted for Chritmas,so. The 180/55/17 was on closeout for $98. But I reordered the tires because I like them.
Steve-o

i thought your rear was an 18. my brothers kosman is a 4.25 x 18.

Messed with an old, tired and scarred up clock I found. I took it apart and cleaned everything, then put some batteries in it to see if it still worked. Yup it worked.

So I then sanded on parts of it, then hit it with some satin black paint. Bought some hands from the craft store on the cheap, then made a new face. My printer ran out of ink, so it didn't turn out the way I wanted, but hey, I can always spring another when I re-up my ink supply.

I haven't quite figured out what I'm going to etch on the dome. But so far it isn't turning out too bad. It was a pretty cool little project to interrupt my study sessions.

vmaxclock.jpg

Excellent choice Steve-o!! :clapping: I love those tires....the real Metz's too....'Made in Germany'.....at least they were a couple years ago!

The set I have now is from Germany Dan-o. I know some Metzler tires are made in Brazil now, with different rubber from South America. I'm not sure if there is a difference in quality. I know I've always liked the German tires.
I got decent mileage out of the last set of Z6's, but the rear got a little slippery after about 7k. The front tire probably could have gone a little longer.
No cupping on the front tire anymore. I don't want to change anything suspension wise lol. I made multiple changes at once. So, I didn't know what the result would be. I'm satisfied though.
Steve-o

Messed with an old, tired and scarred up clock I found. I took it apart and cleaned everything, then put some batteries in it to see if it still worked. Yup it worked.

So I then sanded on parts of it, then hit it with some satin black paint. Bought some hands from the craft store on the cheap, then made a new face. My printer ran out of ink, so it didn't turn out the way I wanted, but hey, I can always spring another when I re-up my ink supply.

I haven't quite figured out what I'm going to etch on the dome. But so far it isn't turning out too bad. It was a pretty cool little project to interrupt my study sessions.

vmaxclock.jpg

Time flies when you're on a VMax!

Good job on the re-fit.

vmaxclock.jpg

Nice job KJ :clapping:

I always liked that style clock. :punk:

vmaxclock.jpg
Looks great KJ, an idle mind is the devil's workshop!

Thanks for the nice words on my clock project guys :).

Today Christmas came early (and boy was Mrs. Clause pissed :th_love031:).

I opened the package the postman left, and to my delight was my clear cover set from Sean. Look soo much betting in person. I think this is going to be a great addition to the archangel. The craftsmanship was spot on. If you haven't picked one of these up, I say go for it. They're not too expensive and the quality it top notch.

:punk:

clearcovers.jpg

Back