What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drooling over the covers...
What did you paint them with?

Same paint I did my engine with. After a good sanding and such, Krylon's semi-flat black. I masked up and taped off my engine a while back and painted my engine that color so it would be easy to touch up as the years progress. So far it's holding up excellent, so I'm not worried about the clear covers.

Hey Sean can you give us a part# on the correct tool to use and where to buy one?, I don't know about everone else but i would like to get one for mysel,f also the shim kit?

There is no specific shim kit that I am aware of. I have simply put together 3 kits that we loan out for guys to use. Each kit has a tool inside. The kit would probably cost over $1000 to put together but the time you add in all the costs of the shims.

I can get a couple of shim kits and probably even the tool. I want to say the tool is in the $40-$50 range though.

thanks for the info and if ya get any of the kits back id really appricate it greatly if you would let me know got my bike tore apary and looking for the tool to fix it lol

That seller also has non-Yamaha carb kits (non-O.E.M., but for a VMax), diaphragm slides, master & slave cyl, & brake caliper rebuild kits, @ fair prices.

I can put you on the list but all 3 of the kits are currently out on loan. I suspect around the first of the year might be able to get you one (if they are turned around quickly as promised). You must email me though to get in line.

[email protected]

Hey Sean can you give us a part# on the correct tool to use and where to buy one?, I don't know about everone else but i would like to get one for mysel,f also the shim kit?

On ebay, georgefix is great. If you message him he'll have more parts than listed here. (Like HH EBC pads etc)

I have the valve tool (it worked fine) and the carby kits I got from him look pretty good too.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=vmax&_sacat=0&_odkw=v-max&_osacat=0&_armrs=1&_ssn=georgefix

Edit : sorry, I've just repeated what others said. D'oh.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=vmax&_sacat=0&_odkw=v-max&_osacat=0&_armrs=1&_ssn=georgefix

On ebay, georgefix is great. If you message him he'll have more parts than listed here. (Like HH EBC pads etc)

I have the valve tool (it worked fine) and the carby kits I got from him look pretty good too.

Edit : sorry, I've just repeated what others said. D'oh.

Yes, but a private testimonial always is useful. We like to hear others have bought items, used them, and were satisfied. Well, I do anyway!:biglaugh:

Worked on the wiring for Archangel.
Then I etched a helmet for a friend of mine, who is a die hard Buffalo fan. It was kind of a pain because the glass was softer than what I usually etch on, so I had to use a light hand.
I just have to finish up the blue and red frame, then it will be done.

billshelmet.jpg

Last edited:
Worked on the wiring for Archangel.
Then I etched a helmet for a friend of mine, who is a die hard Buffalo fan. It was kind of a pain because the glass was softer than what I usually etch on, so I had to use a light hand.
I just have to finish up the blue and red frame, then it will done.

billshelmet.jpg
Damn KJ.....Is there anything you CAN'T do? Looks great!

Thanks for the kind words.

My mom was a great artist, she taught and tutored kids in school and at our house. At a young age, I was fortunate to be around when she taught. I was put in a "gifted" class in the third grade cause I could draw and visualize things. About a semester later they realized that was the only skills I had, that was advanced and I was dropping off fast in reading, math, and other topics. So thankfully, they put me back where I should have been. :)

Today I worked on limiter v2.0, Using the timing chip was a big step forward. Both in functionality and as you can see, in size. (3.75"x2" versus 5"x2.5")
I'm looking through another schematic, that would allow v2.5 to be a three-dial unit. This would feature;Delay until system turns on, ramp speed to 100% power, and a power limiter.

p1040158kf.jpg

A friend of mine offered his help on a digital version. So in the future, with V3.0, there will be functionality and a really small size.

Latest posts

Back