What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worked on this 1986 today. engine is free but not yet running. Check-out the mileage.

Attachments

• 1986 chassis.JPG
    1986 chassis.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 1986 dash.JPG
    1986 dash.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 40
so jealous. i so wanted to do this. please show a pic and/or specs of the bungs. i had asked mark to weld some in while he was fabbing my set, but he balked on my request, because he felt the ones i wanted were too big :ummm: :confused2:
I was going to put a bung in each pipe, but after talking to Sean, he suggested I just put 1 in each side after the merge point of 2 into 1. The bungs are stainless steel with regular steel plugs, and I bought them on ebay for $15. Thread size is 18mm x 1.5, standard length. I'm waiting on exhaust gaskets to begin the assembly and installation of the lc-1. Here is a pic of where I am so far with it:

Attachments

• pipe.jpg
    pipe.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 32
  • gauge1 002.jpg
    gauge1 002.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 2
  • gauge1 003.jpg
    gauge1 003.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Brings back memories, A couple months before I turned 4 I got a little, blue Z50, back in '71. :clapping: I rode the hell out of it until I was 8, then my brothers wrecked it.
I learned to ride on a Z50 when I was 5 . I believe it was a 74 modle but my memory is not that great. My older brother is quite the scrap collector & gave this to me about 3-4 years ago & I neglected it for a long time but its finally coming together.:biglaugh:

I just gained 10HP with it to look at this air induction system.:rofl_200:

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
Funky%20Monkey.jpg

Went to the open house at competition accessories great deals today picked up a new tourmaster jackets for the wife and I on a big sale and a helmet lock and then she won some nice gloves in a raffle drawing and a friend won a new jacket
A good day.
http://www.compacc.com/

I learned to ride on a Z50 when I was 5 . I believe it was a 74 modle but my memory is not that great. My older brother is quite the scrap collector & gave this to me about 3-4 years ago & I neglected it for a long time but its finally coming together.:biglaugh:

Cool, I was thinking about going on the hunt for another one. But my dad brought up some realism with the "Why" question. He understands the sentiment, but I agree, It's not that I could ride it anywhere or have a kid to give it to.

But still, doesn't mean I can't like other's builds :)

Cool, I was thinking about going on the hunt for another one. But my dad brought up some realism with the "Why" question. He understands the sentiment, but I agree, It's not that I could ride it anywhere or have a kid to give it to.

But still, doesn't mean I can't like other's builds :)
I have no kids or no use for it either besides it brings back memories. I might use it for a pit bike or might just hang it on the wall if I ever get a bigger garage.

I was going to put a bung in each pipe, but after talking to Sean, he suggested I just put 1 in each side after the merge point of 2 into 1. The bungs are stainless steel with regular steel plugs, and I bought them on ebay for $15. Thread size is 18mm x 1.5, standard length. I'm waiting on exhaust gaskets to begin the assembly and installation of the lc-1. Here is a pic of where I am so far with it:

What is the purpose of those? AFR or EFI?

And your gauge can accept 2 inputs? Or is it just for tuning and you want to sync left bank with the right one?

Went riding. It was the usual terrible Calif. weather, calm, clear, sunny. 76 degrees. It was brutal, but I sucked it up just to keep the bike happy.

We had a snow storm warning. So I took it for a short but chilly ride. DAMN it felt good feeling my bike under me again! It was tempting to just keep going but I didn't want to chance the salt and other shit on the roads getting all over my bike so I just took it back to my storage garage and spent a few hours polishing it. But, it started my blood flowing again just hearing it and the short ride reminded me why I love this bike sooo much!!! Soon, Very Soon...

Went riding. It was the usual terrible Calif. weather, calm, clear, sunny. 76 degrees. It was brutal, but I sucked it up just to keep the bike happy.

Well maybe we should all come over and share riding your's nice bike nice weather.
We could all line up. Got any beer and snack's.:party:

Didn't do anything to the bike, but invited my friend to take a look at it. Just to see the greenish colour in his face when he saw the bike HE always wanted to own. :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back