What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Installed the backrest I bought from fltininstructor. Took a little work but it's on and looking good, thanks Roscoe, that brake light is nice and bright. Even took the wife out for her first ride, she refused to go without a backrest, didn't do anything crazy, just a nice cruise through the mountains for her first ride, she enjoyed it, I'll have to work up to longer rides though, or who knows, she may want her own Max... Only waiting now for my shift light and that wraps up what I wanted to get done after returning from Florida. Here is a list of goodies installed in the last couple of weeks.
Chrome engine guards
Chrome scoops,
front fork brace
Throttle lock
flame inserts for the scoops and matching flame cover for the rad
Back rest
Love my VMax!!!!

Changed the coolant and after filling I found a leak from the hose that's attached to thermostat cap. Ordered the o-ring and new hose and going to install them next week. It' only a small drip and doesn't stop riding so I did a temporary fix wit duct tape.

Got rid of the meep meep horn and installed a WOLO mounted in place of one of the metallic covers below the carbs on the left side. Wow! What a difference, I'm almost looking forward to using it on the next asshole that cuts me off.

Installed a new RR so I could send back one I had been borrowing only to encounter a really strange issue. With the new RR the oil light would come on and stay on when I turned the key and while the bike was running (never had an issue with the oil light before). After searching all over the bike for a possible leak, etc common sense kicked in and made me question the new RR. Swapped back to the old on and no more problem. Switched it again to the new one and the oil light was back on.

Talked to Captain Kyle and he had never seen such a thing happen before making us both stumped.

All said and done I came to the conclusion the older RR had simply grown attached to me after spending time in a parts bin and it was causing the new one to malfunction... So the old one gets to keep its home next to my Marks exhaust and the new one is getting returned.

Electrical gremlins... I bet my weed wacker or lawn mower quits next weekend when they move from the bike to a new host. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• $T2eC16hHJHwE9n8ikMw8BQyh-UurWg~~60_3.JPG
    $T2eC16hHJHwE9n8ikMw8BQyh-UurWg~~60_3.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMAG0125.jpg
    IMAG0125.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMAG0126.jpg
    IMAG0126.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMAG0129.jpg
    IMAG0129.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMAG0131.jpg
    IMAG0131.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 43
@CrackRican, that is a clever mod. Thanks for linking the part, I might do that one as well.

Thanks, but credit goes to KJ & Bikedave99. I think KJ photoshop the mod & bikedave99 did the mod. I just copied.

its in this tread page 521, post 5204

Attachments

• D0D4CAB7-E071-4C43-AF8D-029ED254B3F6-44036-0000053129A37A8F.jpg
    D0D4CAB7-E071-4C43-AF8D-029ED254B3F6-44036-0000053129A37A8F.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 39
If you get the voltage meter you have to get the smallest one. Its .28" mini LED. Color are red, green, blue, yellow. I used a dremel to make the cutout.

I've been looking into getting some sort of idiot light for the bike for monitoring the battery and I wanted to incorporate it into the existing light cluster. The fact that you get the actual voltage reading instead of a green/yellow/red light indicator is a big plus in my opinion.

Received my fork preload adjusters from Sean yesterday. Put them in today but did not get a chance to go for a test ride yet.

Will have to try them out tomorrow.

Mike

Went to a vintage bike show yesterday for 93' and earlier and took 1st place in the custom class, that was pretty cool, then on the way home my clutch began to loose pressure on the longer stretches of road? Time to bleed the system again

I also went to a bike show yesterday for the local bike rally here and took first place radical category, best paint and best bike...

I want to say WOW!! Finished putting in my COP's last night and just got back from a road test. WOW!!! Bike runs smoother from idle to wide open throttle! If you don't have this coil kit. Get it! I also want to say, I rebuilt my carbs a month or so ago and I used Sean Morley's muscle kit for the build and before the rebuild my old carbs had a stage 1 kit in them and my mileage was 24 to 26 mpg after the rebuild I'm up to 33 mpg right now. I will be interested to see if the COP's will raise my fuel mileage.

Back