What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally had time to finish one of the front forks. The other is drying and will be installed tomorrow.:eusa_dance:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 44

Hi Baz

Thanks for the input but i don't have stock masters. Im using radial masters with remote reservoir and to be honest im not familiar with the specific core design. But i assume there should be something similar and in that case it should fail at first attempt of clutch use and not only after some lever pumping right?

Worked on a friends bike.......perfect therapy .......chg to pcw spring.....COPRUNNER style oil chg......24hr drain hahahah,carb slides cleaned checked.....gonna sync carbs today,chg bars add heated grips and should be ready for a spin tonight....ohhhh yaaaa.....

Hi Baz

Thanks for the input but i don't have stock masters. Im using radial masters with remote reservoir and to be honest im not familiar with the specific core design. But i assume there should be something similar and in that case it should fail at first attempt of clutch use and not only after some lever pumping right?

I had this problem with a glass bead jammed in the hole (on my std m/cyl). It worked OK until I got down the road, initially. Because it doesn't allow full pressure to flow back into the reservoir you can pump up the pressure, which takes out the free play on the lever, and starts to slip.

If it's completely blocked then it will pump up fast I guess, like 1 or 2 pumps. In my mind, it is necessary to have this hole, otherwise it would just pump up like a brake master.

On the standard m/cyl the hole it quite small. What I used is a junkie syringe with a .375" diameter needle to clear it out.

This

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368081430552.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368081430552.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 30
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368081447213.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368081447213.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 29
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368081457847.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368081457847.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 28
Finished rebuilding both front forks and started assembling the front end. A little hint at what mirrors Ill be installing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 28
I had this problem with a glass bead jammed in the hole (on my std m/cyl). It worked OK until I got down the road, initially. Because it doesn't allow full pressure to flow back into the reservoir you can pump up the pressure, which takes out the free play on the lever, and starts to slip.

If it's completely blocked then it will pump up fast I guess, like 1 or 2 pumps. In my mind, it is necessary to have this hole, otherwise it would just pump up like a brake master.

On the standard m/cyl the hole it quite small. What I used is a junkie syringe with a .375" diameter needle to clear it out.

I need to take a proper look at the master then...

Wobbled. At 140 kph roughly 85 mph in a mild sweeper got that weavy wobble going. It got worse after I lowered the forks up in the tree too. Steering head bearings or swingarm?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Wobbled. At 140 kph roughly 85 mph in a mild sweeper got that weavy wobble going. It got worse after I lowered the forks up in the tree too. Steering head bearings or swingarm?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Could be a bit of both with a little frame flex tossed in.
I had a good hinge effect in sweepers a few years back. I added a frame brace and a braced swingarm and it went away. So I can't really say what helped in that. Later on I developed a wobble. I went for a ride with my spanners and then rode, adjusted until it went away.

Did a guts swap with my spare final drive with a venture final drive. Still working on my 17" rims to restore them to the shine. Pics to come once completed.

Finally rode mine for the first time since last fall. 3 months in pieces pays a tollb on you. :(

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Not too much... Just this

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368155049910.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368155049910.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 33
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368155068596.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368155068596.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 33
Finally got on first ride of the season.......and icing on the cake was out for run along with another vmax.......ohhh ya.....might have been a full throttle moments.....just testing the tach.....lol
Then a run against a few heros that think their victory mean win.....not.....oh ya just cuz your in a hopped up Subaru..it's still a Subaru......lol

Best part was not one max spankin them but two in a row:punk::punk:

Designed a Vmax specific nitrous solenoid bracket. Last final exam tomorrow, then it's going to be cut, fabbed then mounted on Archangel.

Changed the thermostat cap o-ring and the hose that connects from the cap to radiator. Now the only marks that my bike leaves to the ground are from rear tire.

Noticed that the former o-ring profile was square shaped and the new one was normal round shaped o-ring. Anyone knows what's the difference between these two?

Noticed that the former o-ring profile was square shaped and the new one was normal round shaped o-ring. Anyone knows what's the difference between these two?

Age? The O-ring took the shape of the trench and stiffened into a square (probably caused your leak)

Thanks guys.

Maybe 14 years was really enough for that o-ring. O-ring swelling could also explain why the cap was not properly attached to the bottom part. It looked like it hasn't been changed by the PO either.

I was just surprised to find a different kind of ring from the cap compared to the one I got from Yamaha dealer.

Latest posts

Back