What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You've been putting a lot of work into the bike. It looks amazing!

Thanks, I started in July 2012 getting real close to finishing. I was kinda in over my head until I found this forum & that damn monkey. My wife said he has to go !!! Just in time because my wife is losing her job at the end of the year. Good thing I been saving my ass off the last 7 years. Enough emergency money for 1 year for both of us to lose are jobs.No bills other than a small mortgage.

Finally took the bike out for a bit tonight. Headlight casts a very strange beam with the HID kit. I'll worry about that later. I figured out that I'd also put way too much fluid in the clutch when the broken lever was on there. With my new lever, I'd apparently depressed the master plunger some when I installed it. Everything was fine putting around the neighborhood, but as soon as I got on the highway, the clutch started to slip when I'd crack the throttle for fun. Rode about four miles round trip. I pulled into the garage (not happy), put a tube on the slave bleeder, cracked it, and let it pump itself out for a couple seconds. The lever still feels pretty good. Hopefully it will run fine tomorrow night when I get to test again. If it's still screwy, I'll be emailing Sean for more discs and probably new steels just in case. I don't have any oil leaks (keep your fingers crossed), my new masters, lever, and lines are all on. New transmission installed and AWESOME. I'm just ready to ride without incident or concern right now.

Go you like them gp bars I take it lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
I figure I will try them since there closer to stock & I know Christine don't like the superbars & I don't much care for them either. If I feel good enough tomorrow & my triple tree's are back from powder coating I am gonna change the kneck bearings & put the bars on then I will know if I like them for sure. If not I will be trading some one either the GP or Superbike bars for stock ones.

I got plates for mine since I received the title yesterday and installed the missing backrest upright and pad I got from Sean. (Thanks man!)

Tomorrow is the first commute to work on it.

Later, Doug

Christine's engine was looking pretty crappy along with a lot of paint missing off the parts of the frame you can see so I repainted the engine today & the parts of the frame you can see. Also added some of Todd's water jacket covers. It looks much better now. Its not perfect but its just a rider not a show bike.

Attachments

• DSCN1736.jpg
    DSCN1736.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCN1740.jpg
    DSCN1740.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN1741.jpg
    DSCN1741.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCN1742.jpg
    DSCN1742.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCN1744.jpg
    DSCN1744.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN1746.jpg
    DSCN1746.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 36
Christine's engine was looking pretty crappy along with a lot of paint missing off the parts of the frame you can see so I repainted the engine today & the parts of the frame you can see. Also added some of Todd's water jacket covers. It looks much better now. Its not perfect but its just a rider not a show bike.

There's nothing better than not feeling good & working in hot Florida garage. Motor looks good, what kind of paint did you use.

Thanks for posting those pics, useful as I need to do similar and was wondering how much of the engine could be painted in situ. Did you use a brush, rattle can or compressor? Got any pics of what you masked off?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

For me this post should be called what did you do to your Vmax over the past 2 days. Yesterday I had the scoops powdercoated red. At first I wasnt certain about the color, but it kinda grows on you. It actually matches the red stripe on the wheels. I also put a set of knee braces on.

First thing this morning, put on a set of Sean's frame braces. I havent had to chance to really take some corners and see if I feel a difference, but to me they do look mean and that goes along with the image of a Vmax.

Attachments

• Frame braces and knee braces (1).jpg
    Frame braces and knee braces (1).jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Frame braces and knee braces.jpg
    Frame braces and knee braces.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 32
Last night I ordered a set of these
$(KGrHqJ,!rYFCYuIrItiBQr8o(kwQw~~60_35.JPG

I really hope the monkey knows what he's doing, because I don't

Hello everyone I have an 89 and want to put on highway pegs, any suggestions? Also, anyone know the size of motor guard that they mount onto?

Thanks!

We have modified engine guards we sell as well as I have some clamp on Kuryakyn's in our Muscle sale thread.

My bike started running on 3 cylinders so I performed the "shotgun method" yesterday and the bike's all better as far as I can tell.

Later, Doug

Back