What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bike kept cutting out every time I shifted from neutral to first. Found the side stand switch was getting stuck in. A squirt of lube and a little working in and it seems to have solved it. I do love an easy solution. They're so rare :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

[B said:
WonkoTheSane[/B];322033]Bike kept cutting out every time I shifted from neutral to first. Found the side stand switch was getting stuck in. A squirt of lube and a little working in and it seems to have solved it. I do love an easy solution. They're so rare :)
[B said:
I just experienced the same problem, and the same solution.
On an unrelated topic, your name - "WonkoTheSane"-
can we assume that there is another Wonko - who is perhaps a tad on the unbalanced and/or dark side of life??? Currently incarcerated, or still running free??!
:ummm:
Cheers!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MbGNcoB2Y4I?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think Doug Adams has something to do w/this unusual sobriquet.

[B said:
WonkoTheSane[/B];322033]Bike kept cutting out every time I shifted from neutral to first. Found the side stand switch was getting stuck in. A squirt of lube and a little working in and it seems to have solved it. I do love an easy solution. They're so rare :)
[B said:
[/B]

I just experienced the same problem, and the same solution.
On an unrelated topic, your name - "WonkoTheSane"-
can we assume that there is another Wonko - who is perhaps a tad on the unbalanced and/or dark side of life??? Currently incarcerated, or still running free??!
:ummm:
Cheers!

Took the bike for a ride, and pick up some riding shirts.

Attachments

• P1030089.jpg
    P1030089.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 25
I think Doug Adams has something to do w/this unusual sobriquet.

You, good Sir, have won the interwebz! And you are now...

princess_luna_approved_by_ambris-d4r3ibw.png

And, I too just did a simple trick for solving a minor issue. The turn signal switch seemed sticky, so a shot of weasel piss smoothed things up nicely. On a side note, the left turn signals seemed to be blinking really fast, and I could not figure out why. After doing that, they now blink at the normal rate.

I also got a call that the extended screws for my Iso Grips are in at Starting Line. Pick them up tomorrow, and I will have my throttle bosses attached finally!

I sprayed foot powder all over my engine. It doesn't stink now. At least I hope it won't since I found some of the oil leak.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Saturday I finally put the 2in lowering link on my Gen 2 Max. If you haven't every seen a grown man cry for 7 hrs let me tell you it was ugly. But I finally got the right tool to get the one nut off that I needed and all was well.
Now I can sit flat footed and it feels great. Now it is time to take her to the track and see what she can do.

I put my new mirrors on, foldable bar ends. I need to verify my timing curve and total advance
for my Ignatech install. I'm glad I still have the reliable old timing light with the advance dial on it. While I was in there I neatened up the wiring, put dielectric grease on all the connectors. The sun is out right now on the Cape. Test ride comming up. The lighted reflectors can wait for another rainy day. Next to riding her I love working on her.

Weasel piss how the hell did you collect enuff ? lol never heard of it
lol slang term for WD-40

Saturday I finally put the 2in lowering link on my Gen 2 Max. If you haven't every seen a grown man cry for 7 hrs let me tell you it was ugly. But I finally got the right tool to get the one nut off that I needed and all was well.
Now I can sit flat footed and it feels great. Now it is time to take her to the track and see what she can do.
How tall is the 2nd Gen bike? o_O
I am 5'4", 30" inseam, and 130lbs, and I can just flatfoot a 1st Gen V-max.

Removed and primed side coves and logos. The only problem is, I don't trust myself to paint all the silver parts of the motor the way I want to. I'm gonna have to get some help doing the valve covers and decisions on the "H"s and diaphragm covers.

I repalced my front brake master cyclinder and in the process broke my mirror off:( I ordered these black Kuryakyn Scythe Mirrors from Motorcycle Superstore that should look awesome. I also rebuilt the rear master cyclinder and put on black SS brake lines all the way around. I initially put on the Sumitomo 6 piston calipers, but didn't find the performance to be the big jump I was expecting over my stock 94 with the SS lines. So now I will be selling the calipers. The brake bleeding went well. I have the Craftsman version of the mittyvac that was a big help in addition to applying the teflon tape to the bleeder valve threads.

Fixed coolant leak
Fixed exhaust leak
Removed sissy bar
Fitted new black indicators
Cleaned up, painted the grab rail ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373088879.634856.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1373088893.734426.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1373088902.334193.jpg

Was a good boy & laid on my ass like the doctor told me to do then I got restless & went in the garage & dug thru my paints to mix up a color for the 2000 max that I bought to resell. I finished mixing the color & liked it so much I decided to keep it for mine & started over again for the 2000 came up with another nice color for it.

Wet sanded the side panels, tail section, faux tank and front fender. Will shoot some clear on it later on tonight. I'm liking the new, darker color. It's still red, but now its a candy cherry color vs. the candy apple-ish it was before.

Latest posts

Back