What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FINALLY - Received my long awaited for Progressive 444 shocks to install.

Attachments

• myride2.JPG
    myride2.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Myride.JPG
    Myride.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 47
Pictures are a MUST! Thank you
twilightsmile.png
Ride to work, took half day because I knew I'd hosed the install and it was bugging me. So rode home, got the grinder out and installed correctly. Then typed up a "how to" with pictures. Ya'll should check it out in the how to section!

Noticed the fan not coming on, and feeling the bike pretty warm under my legs. Temp gauge also not reading anything. Tested the gauge by grounding it, as per manual (works) and fan, with spare 12V battery (also works). Next step, test the sensors and wiring, I guess. The manual has guidance on checking resistance of the sensors in hot coolant.

Took her for a ride, anyway, ran fine with a bit of sustained air flow :) Also witnessed my first oil light under hard acceleration. Fun.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Noticed the fan not coming on, and feeling the bike pretty warm under my legs. Temp gauge also not reading anything. Tested the gauge by grounding it, as per manual (works) and fan, with spare 12V battery (also works). Next step, test the sensors and wiring, I guess. The manual has guidance on checking resistance of the sensors in hot coolant.

Took her for a ride, anyway, ran fine with a bit of sustained air flow :) Also witnessed my first oil light under hard acceleration. Fun.

How many miles have you put on that thing? Well, at-least you 'popped your cherry' on the oil light. Mine flashes so-often I think the paparazzi are shooting me:biglaugh:
images

Look at the how-tos & maybe the Electrical thread for info on using a Nissan sensor which will bring-on the fan sooner. On one of my other Yamahas, I just wired-in a toggle switch, and just turn it on when I see the temp gauge heading North. It shuts-off w/the ignition.

Here's a start: http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=19154&highlight=nissan+sentra+sensor

How many miles have you put on that thing? Well, at-least you 'popped your cherry' on the oil light. Mine flashes so-often I think the paparazzi are shooting

Couple of hundred miles. But they had all been in bright sunshine and hadn't noticed if the oil light came on before. :)

Look at the how-tos & maybe the Electrical thread for info on using a Nissan sensor which will bring-on the fan sooner. On one of my other Yamahas, I just wired-in a toggle switch, and just turn it on when I see the temp gauge heading North. It shuts-off w/the ignition.

Here's a start: http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=19154&highlight=nissan+sentra+sensor
Thanks, I'll look at that.

New tank bag, searching the interweb for an earl pressure gauge. Put some more miles on the new brake setup.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/atm-4321
atm-4321_ml.jpg

$59.97
Gauge, Ultra-Lite, Oil Pressure, 0-100 psi, 2-1/16 in., Analog, Mechanical, Each

New tank bag, searching the interweb for an earl pressure gauge. Put some more miles on the new brake setup.

And what did I do today? I sold a ZX-7 Kawasaki to finance the stuff I've done to the 'Max. First guy who saw it, bought it. I bought it cheap, waited a bit, & advertised it. Had 3 calls in the first day, one of-whom bought it. :biglaugh::eusa_dance:

I was thinking about using the USD front end on my 'Max, but decided to sell the bike complete instead of parting it out.

I didn't do a thing to it. Well, I did move it to another part of the garage.
I got the frog fountain back up and running and have been watching about 70+ birds enjoying the cool water and the food. I sat there the other day and one of the little guys landed on the back of my neck, talk about tickles. :biglaugh:

I finished up my guitar's new paint and look. It got the matching paint that Archangel has, and being I don't have any chrome on my bike, just brushed aluminum, I brushed out the guitar's hardware.

So here is the V-axe in the latest form. This weekend, I'm going to get some shots of it and the Archangel together.

7u7h.jpg

I didn't do a thing to it. Well, I did move it to another part of the garage.
I got the frog fountain back up and running and have been watching about 70+ birds enjoying the cool water and the food. I sat there the other day and one of the little guys landed on the back of my neck, talk about tickles. :biglaugh:

I finished up my guitar's new paint and look. It got the matching paint that Archangel has, and being I don't have any chrome on my bike, just brushed aluminum, I brushed out the guitar's hardware.

So here is the V-axe in the latest form. This weekend, I'm going to get some shots of it and the Archangel together.

7u7h.jpg

You need a Gibson"Flying-V!" to go w/your V-Max.

images
images
images
images
images

Nice work on yours, though.

I want this:
1975_rickenbacker_4001_bass_fireglow%20s.jpg

RICKENBACKER 4001!
HELL YEAH!

Put on adjustable levers. Have the brake lever adjusted to where all of the way in, it will just start to lock up the front wheel.

This is a mod that I shouldve done long ago.

Attachments

• IMAG0678.jpg
    IMAG0678.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMAG0679.jpg
    IMAG0679.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 21
Back