What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Entered a Harley show lol
5ehy2ape.jpg

That's a nice-lookin' Sportster next to your clean, fine ride. I don't really care for matte-finish bikes or cars. It reminds me of the guys running primered cars or bikes because they are 'saving for a paint job,' or 'doin' body work.' I do wonder about that hankie folded-behind the seat. As a static item, well, OK, maybe he's got a runny nose or something? But underway, it seems like that would possibly end-up jammed-into the front belt sprocket, in a worst-case scenario.

The hankie was just tucked in under the seat... He got there after me so not sure of he put it there when he got there or not? Lol

Was a good turnout over 100 bikes entered but the 300 in the car park were better then most lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374993482.567445.jpg

You have a "Dagmar" taillight?

Without referencing google, you have to be pretty-old to know that one.:biglaugh:

Lol it was a harley show so the only thing I won was a race against some of them as we left lol

I painted my radiator side grill covers today.

Attachments

• P1030246.JPG
    P1030246.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 34
  • P1030264.JPG
    P1030264.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 35
I had been chasing an engine miss for the last few weeks. Everything pointed to the ignition box. I was going to buy a used one but decided on the Dyna 3000 instead. All I can say is Wow. It has a bunch of awesome features and was only 50.00 or so more than a used box. Engine seems crisper and the fuel mileage seemed to increase. Thanks to all of the guys that offered their help in finding me find a used box. Great forum.

Those came out looking GOOD!

Thanks, biker dash I was looking for some after market polish chrome sides. But could not find any 1 in the US that sale them. So paint the old 1's silver and clear coat the screens. My wife thought they look cool on the bike.

Thanks, biker dash I was looking for some after market polish chrome sides. But could not find any 1 in the US that sale them. So paint the old 1's silver and clear coat the screens. My wife thought they look cool on the bike.

She is right :clapping:

This weekend I made up a template to hang my FZS rearsets, these were a bit low so the actual set will be about an inch higher.
The sidestand will have to be modified slightly on the right - it's getting in the way of the gearshift when it's up

IMAG1490.jpg

This weekend I made up a template to hang my FZS rearsets, these were a bit low so the actual set will be about an inch higher.
The sidestand will have to be modified slightly on the right - it's getting in the way of the gearshift when it's up

IMAG1490.jpg

While you are in the planning stages..i would make the bracket with a multi-hole pattern to have the option of moving the set around to multiple positions (if desired). Also something I did was to tap a bolt hole in the top of the engine mount bolt for an additional anchor for the bracket. Without it I found the bracket to move/flex a little bit too much when you put your weight (stand up) on the pegs

While you are in the planning stages..i would make the bracket with a multi-hole pattern to have the option of moving the set around to multiple positions (if desired). Also something I did was to tap a bolt hole in the top of the engine mount bolt for an additional anchor for the bracket. Without it I found the bracket to move/flex a little bit too much when you put your weight (stand up) on the pegs

That's a really good idea, cheers. I had considered bolting the bracket to the clutch casing but if the bike fell over I was worried that it would crack something off
and that template was made from aluminium (easy to cut and bend) but when I sat on the bike to test the position they folded under the weight - don't worry, the actual sets will be made from 5mm stainless

Well yesterday just got back home from the dyno day in Topeka Kansas. Met some GREAT people and learned a lot. My bike did 5 runs on the dyno, and even on the 5th run only dropped 1/2 a hp. On the first run the bike smoked just a little cause it was clearing its throat, every other run was perfect. I told the operator the redline was 10 grand, and the bike pulled hard to it every single time. Hp was a little down, but learned that I'm about 2 jets sizes too rich, which I didnt know....so definately learned something.

As long as my schedule allows, I will be there next year.

Well yesterday just got back home from the dyno day in Topeka Kansas. Met some GREAT people and learned a lot. My bike did 5 runs on the dyno, and even on the 5th run only dropped 1/2 a hp. On the first run the bike smoked just a little cause it was clearing its throat, every other run was perfect. I told the operator the redline was 10 grand, and the bike pulled hard to it every single time. Hp was a little down, but learned that I'm about 2 jets sizes too rich, which I didnt know....so definately learned something.

As long as my schedule allows, I will be there next year.

It was great meeting you! Hopefully you didn't get too wet on the way home.

Mark

It was great meeting you! Hopefully you didn't get too wet on the way home.

Mark

Well rained on me until I got south of Wichita and then it quit...so probably 2 hrs in the rain. LOL...Ive ridden in worse.
It was great meeting all of yall too. Its great meeting people off the forum in "real life".

Back