What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried to fake a delay this morning so that I had an excuse for taking the bike into work instead of commuting with my girlfriend(she works 1 block away from me). She was wise to my move and countered it well lol. I cried a little on the inside watching the garage door close with my bike inside.

Make her ride with you

Make her ride with you

Yea, working on it. Only had the bike two weeks. She's never been on one and all she's ever heard was horror stories about them. It's going to be a slow process but she said she wants me to take her on a slow tour around the neighborhood. Baby steps. :)

Get a backrest and get her her own helmet, even if it's a cheapy from Cycle Gear or something. Let her pick it out, and make sure she knows you're concerned about her safety first.

And DONT kick in the Vboost on the first trip..lol

Any time I ride two-up and hit VBoost, the front end just rises up and up and up. Not what you want to do to a woman on her first encounter.

A good idea about letting her choose her own helmet, and gloves, and boots, and jacket. Women love to accessorize their appearance.

Any time I ride two-up and hit VBoost, the front end just rises up and up and up. Not what you want to do to a woman on her first encounter.

A good idea about letting her choose her own helmet, and gloves, and boots, and jacket. Women love to accessorize their appearance.

Yep, we went to Cycle Gear this past Friday to look for a helmet for her and she got carried away in the fashion area! She ended up finding a jacket she absolutely loved, but it really wasn't ideal for warm weather riding(which is the only riding I think she'll do. She's a Florida girl - 70 is freezing to her.) It had the armor in the right spots but had zero air flow, jacket was pretty thick even with the liner out, and had a collar that would flap her to death. She still almost bought it just to wear for her normal every day winter jacket haha.

So we're still looking for the right gear for her.

Didn't do much, I paid off some bills. Getting ready to place the order for my new 3D printer, boom something didn't sound or smell right. Clothes washer went tits up. So the $300 I was going to buy the 3d printer with, has now gone toward a new washing machine :(. Only plus side of things breaking up here was the Beertender finally died after several years of service, but 3- $0.60 capacitors will have it back on it's feet again. So that's a good thing.

So the way I see it, the fates don't want me in 3d printing yet. But they do want to keep me in cold beer and to be able to see whats behind me :punk:

For those who want to know where I was going to buy the 3d printer from it is here. I was going for the black printer with the heated bed $300 :)

But I did buy myself an early birthday present in the form of new gel grips and bar-end mirrors off of eBay :)

xrff.jpg

vsf.JPG

:bang head: on the printer but :punk: for the Beertender and new washer!
I have those mirrors (Triumph style) and very much like them, hope you do too KJ! I had Tom make up some barends to work with these and after a bit of tweeking and blue Loctite they have stayed in place and give great rearward viewing.
I like the grip too, they look great! Though I'll wait to hear your review because I really enjoy my Pro Grip 864 Gomma Grips!
Didn't do much, I paid off some bills. Getting ready to place the order for my new 3D printer, boom something didn't sound or smell right. Clothes washer went tits up. So the $300 I was going to buy the 3d printer with, has now gone toward a new washing machine :(. Only plus side of things breaking up here was the Beertender finally died after several years of service, but 3- $0.60 capacitors will have it back on it's feet again. So that's a good thing.

So the way I see it, the fates don't want me in 3d printing yet. But they do want to keep me in cold beer and to be able to see whats behind me :punk:

For those who want to know where I was going to buy the 3d printer from it is here. I was going for the black printer with the heated bed $300 :)

But I did buy myself an early birthday present in the form of new gel grips and bar-end mirrors off of eBay :)

xrff.jpg

vsf.JPG

They look like the Rizoma's I have on Genny....really figured they would be the first thing to go but I love them....great rearward vis! :clapping:

Attachments

• 100_3380.jpg
    100_3380.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 30
I broke down the carbs and gave a thorough cleaning. Bumped the mains up to 155 and PFJ to 40's.

Repacked my HMF exhaust cans last night and let's just say that it was well overdue. About 80% of the packing was blown out of them.

I know they were in need, but didn't think they were that bad.

Mike

People are probably interested to know the mileage since they were last done. :ummm:

Repacked my HMF exhaust cans last night and let's just say that it was well overdue. About 80% of the packing was blown out of them.

I know they were in need, but didn't think they were that bad.

Mike

I checked the exhaust fluid levels and made sure that the fallopian tube bender was on good and tight...

lol joking aside, I checked the tire pressure an the air in the forks, and added as needed. Handles so much nicer when you have those things at the appropriate levels

Did the starter clutch fix today thanks for a great site to help me step by step in my own garage without the $80/hour shop fees lol.. Works great new oil and filter getting a new back tire in Monday... Great site fellas!!!

Latest posts

Back