What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, it'll be ok. Might have bent that or cracked the clutch cover at worst case. Both easily fixed up.

Laid it down to avoid running into the moron who blew through a stop sign to pull out 3 feet in front of me at 45mph. I have some bruises and rash, but the Vmax didn't do as well. I low sided and got off with its left side sparking, it got traction and flipped back over to the right side. Not sure how bad it is yet as the controls and pegs broke off. Seems to be running ok, but I think it hit hard on the shifter output shaft and seems to be locked and leaking...

Oh man, sorry to hear this! Get your bruises healed up, the bike can be fixed!

i might actually dust off the cover of the '10 today and finally get a ride in before that white crap hits the ground and my bike will be in my basement !

I cruised into town just after dark looking for a challenge at the lights. I spotted this faily new Boss 302 Mustang. I love smoking these guys. Crap. He turned off in another direction. Oh ya, OK a sportster. These are good to eat to. I pulled up along side. Oh sh*t, it was my wife out for a cruise to Timmy's. She told be to grow up and get home and finish the dishes. Oh well, I smoked anyway. I had the dishes finished before she got home. Thats what I did with my V-Max today.

I was going to chase some cars this evening but a smacked my head on the garage door leaving. The wife laughed at me. I got a lip on, parked the bike and went back in the house. The wife left without me on her Sportster to cruise Timmy's. Thats what I did with my V-Max today.

I cruised into town just after dark looking for a challenge at the lights. I spotted this faily new Boss 302 Mustang. I love smoking these guys. Crap. He turned off in another direction. Oh ya, OK a sportster. These are good to eat to. I pulled up along side. Oh sh*t, it was my wife out for a cruise to Timmy's. She told be to grow up and get home and finish the dishes. Oh well, I smoked anyway. I had the dishes finished before she got home. Thats what I did with my V-Max today.

I was going to chase some cars this evening but a smacked my head on the garage door leaving. The wife laughed at me. I got a lip on, parked the bike and went back in the house. The wife left without me on her Sportster to cruise Timmy's. Thats what I did with my V-Max today.
:rofl_200:OK, so which story is actually true ?????

Went to go for a quick ride today before the Browns game and discovered my rear valve cove gasket has a tiny leak. One more thing on my winter to do list... gonna check my valves while im at it too. How much of a pain is it to do on these bikes? My GSXR wasnt bad to do when the time came, but it had tons of room to work with compared to the Max, lol.

Sadly the only real thing I did to my bike is change my Plates to Virginia. I will miss having my home state for the last 25 years on my vehicles. But I did get to ride at Commonwealth Power Sports V-Star Demos. Bikes I rode; My 90 Vmax, a 2013 Vmax, R1, R6, Super Ténéré, FJR1300, FZ8, & Raider SCL. I enjoyed the Gen 2 max the most. I am a will never know why people like the sport bikes over the vmax, except the handling. The Gen 2 seemed to handle great and over powered all the other bikes. To enclude the big twin Raider Custom.... I did order my 4-1 drag star exhaust from UFO today... just wish I had a garage to work on bike. Next is carb and seat....

Jammed the 17" wheel into my bike. I don't know if that washer is gonna fit on either side. Is that possible? It's pretty tight in there as is.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Jammed the 17" wheel into my bike. I don't know if that washer is gonna fit on either side. Is that possible? It's pretty tight in there as is.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Dave, when I mounted my 17" rear Kosman bolt together,I had to get rid of the OEM step washer and use a thinner one I'd milled down a bit. Too tight loads the bearings up. I also ditched the washer farthest to the right. I shimmed my caliper, but was told they will adjust for slightly off center mounting. My wheel ended up centered very nice, with about 4mm clearance on the left side.
Steve-o

I rode mine today. A great ride to the end of the Cape without much traffic. The tourist are gone and I have the Cape back. The weather was incredible. I slapped the windshield on and put the bags on. Burnt up almost a tank of gas. Lots of plans for this 89 in the very near future. Matching front wheel coming this weak, paint is going to be a 360 from the black I've always had, and an engine project in progress.
Steve-o

swapped the caliper mounting bracket from the project bike and all looks good. I'll have to wait to see if it's centered. At least there are two wheels on the project bike.

Got my oil pressure gauge mounted up. Was going to go for a ride but it was too late by the time I got the battery charged. Haven't ridden it since I soldered the crimp. Voltmeter says it helped quite a bit. Still like to see a little more voltage, but should be fine. Thinking about swapping gauges over to led to see if that'll help too.

Sadly the only real thing I did to my bike is change my Plates to Virginia. I will miss having my home state for the last 25 years on my vehicles. But I did get to ride at Commonwealth Power Sports V-Star Demos. Bikes I rode; My 90 Vmax, a 2013 Vmax, R1, R6, Super Ténéré, FJR1300, FZ8, & Raider SCL. I enjoyed the Gen 2 max the most. I am a will never know why people like the sport bikes over the vmax, except the handling. The Gen 2 seemed to handle great and over powered all the other bikes. To enclude the big twin Raider Custom.... I did order my 4-1 drag star exhaust from UFO today... just wish I had a garage to work on bike. Next is carb and seat....

And you better order your earplugs too, because if you don't you won't need them after awhile, because your hearing will be permanently damaged! Do it now, so you can enjoy the ride. FYI, their megaphone replacement barely removes the edge from the noise, you will still need the earplugs! I did come up w/a quiet replacement FRANKEN-CANISTER for about the same price.

Added my new highway pegs from kuryakyn. Much more comfortable cruising and they fold up nicely.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380818891484.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380818891484.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 27
  • uploadfromtaptalk1380818908473.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380818908473.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 24
  • uploadfromtaptalk1380818936051.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380818936051.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 23
Also can someone tell me the size of the bolt I'm missing there above the case guards. .. been into local dealer four times and still can't get correct size.

Also can someone tell me the size of the bolt I'm missing there above the case guards. .. been into local dealer four times and still can't get correct size.

My suggestion is to go to a well-stocked hardware store for your replacement hex bolt, washers, and nut. Just measure what will work in diameter and length, and buy them there. You can probably find them in stainless steel, which helps fight corrosion. At work, so I am only guessing, but I'd say, probably an M-8 about 35 mm.

Are you talking about the removable frame downtube Allen capscrew bolts?

Back