What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work John, I especially like the paint on the motor. What did you use?

No paint, that's how it came out of the box - I just had to be careful not to splatter glue all over it
$_57.JPG

Received the Electropods ( superbright LEDs pods ) that I'm adding to the tail light circuit. Mounting the on either side of the rear reflector.

Lew

Installed a DDM tuning HID bulb... its like daylight in the dark! Special thanks go out to Miles for some electrical advice and to Garrett for his post that helped me find out where that damn retention clip in the headlight bucket went after it jumped to the floor.

Action photos attached

Attachments

• hid1.jpg
    hid1.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 29
  • hid2.jpg
    hid2.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 28
Installed a DDM tuning HID bulb... its like daylight in the dark! Special thanks go out to Miles for some electrical advice and to Garrett for his post that helped me find out where that damn retention clip in the headlight bucket went after it jumped to the floor.

Action photos attached

Is that in the stock housing? My DDM light casts a strange beam in the clear glass adjure headlight I got from Sean.

I got some ddm HID kits for my '09 GMC, I was v. pleased w/them until about 3 months ago, when they began flickering if I went to high beam, I have them in the low beams and the fogs. They have a lifetime warranty so when I get some replacements, non-HID's, I'll send them back for warranty. I did like the way they worked. I tried them in low & high beams, but didn't like the way the highs took a few seconds to build illumination, so I removed them.

Did some grinding on my wheel spacers and got them all squared away holding things right. Then I started wondering why my wheel looked like it had a hop and wobble when it was actually spinning...

Is that in the stock housing? My DDM light casts a strange beam in the clear glass adjure headlight I got from Sean.

Yes that is in the stock housing. Also, I went with the low only 55w model. Now of I toggle high beam I can switch off my headlight. Given the nature of HID bulbs I plan on having it off while starting then switching it on after the bike is warm.

Very happy with the light output.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It switches off automatically during startup.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Yes it does, but the fact that HIDs ignite and warm up I'd rather give it constant power when I am ready to go. I am probably just being over cautious, but I also like the ability to turn my headlight off when running but not riding... I guess it is too much time in air traffic management, lights go one when things move :rofl_200:

No paint, that's how it came out of the box - I just had to be careful not to splatter glue all over it
$_57.JPG

Hi this is cool like to see it when it's put together. I seen few on amazon.com

Replaced the starter clutch today, what a pain in the *SS to get the fly wheel off! Glad I had the cars parked in the driveway, had the puller all tight and POW! The fly wheel shot across the garage floor and hit the wall!, I think I am still def... After changing my drawers :) I got to it, all went good, a bit time consuming getting the old gasket off tho..after getting it back together and putting fresh oil in, it started right up and sounds great... Thanks to Sean (one2dmax) for sending me the Sprag Conversion Clutch... Thanks to the forum for having the directions on how to complete this task from other diy's....

Check out the big picture!

6u2a3ure.jpg

Sent by the Verizon 4G Data Network

Unboxed the rebuilt carbs from danny for the project bike. Took the venture carbs off the "real" bike to break them down. Put new fuel filter in, put new top half on fuel pump so I don't pump more rust into these carbs (that's what happened), blew out coated fuel tank for install, ordered 150 jets from Sean, ordered new (old) FZR wheel to replace the transplant, got my Motodynamic tail light, prepped some diamond plate for my plate relocation arm. It's nice to finally get a couple things done.

Finally had time to get my clutch back together and the cover put back on. Oil pan is next but there might be a wait as i think im gonna put a powder coated one on. Now ive just got the calipers, lines, COPS convert to finish, valve adj, cleaning n bench tuning of the carbs, cutting down of the handlebar (a lil too wide), leds to finish, cleaning and reassembly plus whatever other flights of fancy strike while shits torn apart, lol.

Bought more tools to finish my projects. Drill press cross-whatever vice, metric taps, rotary files, jbweld, that seems like enough. Now I just need some more time to get this stuff done carefully.

Posted with my thumbs.

To cold to ride however, its never to cold to polish and clean. Before and After.

Attachments

• 20140121_160013.jpg
    20140121_160013.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 20140121_150330.jpg
    20140121_150330.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 23
Back