What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey gang! New member.
Saw the thread topic and couldn't help my self.
I bought a 2014 a week ago. My 2nd Vmax, 7 years after the untimely death of my 2007....But that's another story.
I've got 605 chilly ass miles on it now. Just changed and inspected the engine and final gear oil today..lookin good! I freakin love this bike! But i't's already sitting in pieces...sort of. Got my mirrors from UFO yesterday and according to USPS i'll have the front radiance blinkers and rear fender eliminator kit from them as well tomorrow. I do have some questions for those of you much more familiar with the Gen 2 than I.....
I don't know if it's just me but has the Vmax crowd sorta simmered down? VMOA is a ghost town and many of the OG Guru's sites haven't been updated since 2010! Anyone in or near New Orleans? any Vmax'ers going to Daytona?

And lastly..i'm sure it's been asked many many times but please indulge me and save me sifting through tons of threads....
I just did the air box mod...it smells really rich now. Is an ECU Re Flash or competition ECU needed before i do the exhaust and other simple mods like the airbox? In other words...am i going to hurt it if indeed it is running rich. And speaking of exhaust...i just called Vance and Hines and they didn't even know or have info past 2010..... Has the catalytic converter changed or anything else since 2010 that would prevent the Vance and Hines CS one from fitting or will it still fit!? Heeeelp!!! and long live the Vmax!!

It will still fit though I have not sold a V&H system in awhile. Might be able to still be pretty competive if you decide to go that route. I also have another alternative for mid pipe to eliminate the cat that works quite well too.

email me at [email protected]

Sean

Just had the cam covers chromed and installed with the chrome swingarm covers. I have a waterpump see-thur and a Primary see-thur chromed as well just havn't put them on.

Didn't do a damn thing, lol.
I started assembly on my new bass. So soon, the V-ax will have a sibling.

4i8a.jpg

EDIT

It's now totally finished. :)
Setting up the Kahler wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, It was a new experience adjusting a neck with multiple truss rods, but in the end it was worth the build. It's well balanced, low action and it feels wonderful. My last bass with with me for about 20 years, I don't see why this one wont be with me as long or even longer.
Now the V-ax's brother is finished and its time to start planing the double neck bass :punk:

5um7.jpg
xxk4.jpg

Last edited:
Removed both wheels. Will take them in for tire replacement Monday.

I helped a guy remove the wheels on his GoldWing. Totally different experience. I'd take my gold wing into the shop and let them put new tires on it.

The VMax...REAL easy compared to Gold Wing.

Thanks to those who wrote the picture tutorials on removing the front and rear wheels. I can't believe you can do it without removing the rear shocks but you can.

The stator cover was leaking (not bad) I cant have leaks.. so ordered new gasket .. removed old gasket and cleaned sealing surfaces, put new gasket on and there you have it...:clapping:

Found out that the "FZR" wheel that I had and the "FZR" wheel that I just bought to replace it have different bearing sizes in the right side. Sooooo nobody on the planet seems to make a 17x42x12mm sealed bearing that I can actually buy. We'll see if I really do end up with at stock '85 front wheel with a radial on it.

Found out that the "FZR" wheel that I had and the "FZR" wheel that I just bought to replace it have different bearing sizes in the right side. Sooooo nobody on the planet seems to make a 17x42x12mm sealed bearing that I can actually buy. We'll see if I really do end up with at stock '85 front wheel with a radial on it.

I've got a few bearings, over the years, from these guys. Might be worth an email.

Its not uncommon

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/deta...lcom/parts/detail/honda/HP-91003-KRM-841.html

That one is probably not sealed though

Here's another option:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/350680827225?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

Didn't really like the sissy bar on my bike, so I found a chrome one that was in great shape. Also the reflector on the bar as cracked. I got a grab bar and reflector in the mail today and installed it. Thanks Sean of Morleys Muscle.

20140127_135557.jpg

20140127_151627.jpg

I was finally home long enough to set up my Christmas present from my wife. A new motorcycle lift. I also had time to reverse the shift linkage. I just couldn't get use to the standard shift pattern after years of sport bikes and racing.
picture.php
[/IMG]

I added a volt meter to my Max today so I can keep an eye on the charging system. :biglaugh: I got the idea from CrackerRican, so I want to give him the credit for the great idea.
a6425ab0-5de0-479f-8cf9-6bc657b5fcb9_zpse8f4bee1.jpg

Latest posts

Back