What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well ... I figure it's time for an update on Lola's progress. I've done the CBR tail light mod. It's on an Exactrep shortened fender, so the plate is being relocated to ride vertically on the non exhaust side (mounted to the rear axle). I replaced the badly deteriorated fuel tank. I installed heated grips. Blinkers have been replaced with LEDs - strips in front and CBR tail light in rear. Chrome bits have been polished. Front and rear fenders plus yet to be mounted bat wing have been refinished in my signature flat black - been doing this color since the 80s (long before it was kewl). And the airbox cover has been stripped of paint and filler as I prepare to make it a beautiful flat black to match.

Yesterday, I replaced the oil and filter ... going Mobil 1 15w50.

And, she breaths ... unforutnately my buddy fired her before the tank was swapped and the carbs need to come back off for recleaning 'cause the old tank was full of crap. Made a brand new clear fuel filter look 5 years old with less than 10 minutes of rumble.

Plan for today is to do a lot of assembly and hopefully figure out how the batwing is gonna be fit.

I finally got around to doing the tail light mod. It looks way better.
picture.php
[/IMG]
picture.php
[/IMG]

Just looked through your album hoove.... great looking bike! You have been busy in your short ownership of the bike! Very well thought out and executed. Bang up paint job to boot!

Pretty good day got the following installed.
-Zrx 1200 shocks, really digging f551 way it looks sitting more level.
-New corbin seat
-Powder coated diaphragm covers and cap screws
-Superbike bars

Pictures kind of suck, not much light in the garage.

Thanks Sean M., everything worked out great.

Bunch of little stuff but the bike is already more comfortable. Best part was my boys hung out and helped me thru it. They are a couple of tough little dudes in an unheated Michigan garage.

I still have a ways to go on the short list:
-Windshield
-Engine guard with pegs
-Rack/backrest
-Grips
-CBR integrated taillight mod
-HID headlight
-COPs kit
-Chase electrical gremlins

Sean

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1391855873488.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391855873488.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 52
  • uploadfromtaptalk1391855934127.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391855934127.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 49
  • uploadfromtaptalk1391855966243.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391855966243.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 54
Wanted to get this on the forum after seeing that last pic with all the snow. I bled the clutch, changed the oil, shined her up watched the kids have a little fun in the sun.
a3uzu6es.jpg
ga2a8a5a.jpg

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant
554 RED HORSE Sq, Guam

after 7 months sitting and still lots snow around I had to fire up the bike. put the charger on for a hour and bike fired right up like I just shut it off.....after 30sec turned choke off and purred like a mad happy tiger....dam I want spring to roll around.

after 7 months sitting and still lots snow around I had to fire up the bike. put the charger on for a hour and bike fired right up like I just shut it off.....after 30sec turned choke off and purred like a mad happy tiger....dam I want spring to roll around.

That's self torture Rovic!! :rofl_200:

Put the rear valve cover back on, reconnected some coolant lines, added the rest of the LEDs, put on the Progressive 418's (thanks Sean!) and changed the rear brake pads.

After trying two bars from Sean and another from somewhere else I gave up on finding the "right" bars and decided to have one made. I really like the look of the clip ons as far as being aggressive but with my forks and the tube extenders I can't find any that will work for me. So after trying three local machine shops, two in anchorage I found myself talking to guy out of Seattle who much more much more accustomed to talking to Boeing then beings. None the less, we finally started talking the same language and he agreed to mill up what I'm looking for. Basically, picture the top of the triple tree flat with no risers or wires. Where the clamps for the tubes stop normally will swedge down to 7/8th handlebars, canted slightly backwards.

See in a month if these are good enough.

Marsmax
Pretty fortunate I have three kids that compete to clear the driveway, and they do the neighbors too.

Found a tool bag. Tried searching for essential tools (bike didn't come with anything). Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a solid list.

This I'd what I'm thinking:
-8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 19, 22, 27 mm wrenches
-Stubby ratchet
-2" extension
-8-14mm sockets
-Adj wrench
-Spanner wrench (where can I get one of these)
-Allen wrenches (sizes?)

Sean

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1392033846870.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1392033846870.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 40
QUOTE=marsmax85;351663]Just installed a shorai battery for my 85' fired right up 4 into 2 dragstar sweet music .....[/QUOTE]

:ummm: that would be a 4 into 1 dragstar that plays sweet music not 4 into 2 ..

I did a simple but amazing thing today. I had the carbs on my 2001 Max, synced. Ran fair before, but now it's a monster when you pull her back and you best be holding on. Also put my lovely wife in her place (my rear view mirrors) when she tried to get by me on her recently acquired ZX6 Ninja. Just was NOT happening. That ZX6 is quick. but not Vmax quick!! If you seem short on power, get the carbs synced and it very well may make your day!!!!

20140208_141337.jpgH]41398[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 20130801_114554.jpg
    20130801_114554.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 18
Back