What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that safe?

The lines I put together, well exceed brake line pressure. I was talking to the Naval Captain in this department at the Navy Yard about the lines and me using them for brake lines for my motorcycle. He thought it was very bright i dear. The lines are use through out some of the Navy Ships. And he ask my to seen him some pictures when I'm finish he may like me to make him a set. He has 3 motorcycles.

Also we talk about fluids in pressure line's and Dot 5 came out. And Dot 5 is what he used in his bikes.

Man went out side to just look at the bike covered up in the snow.

Attachments

• IMG_20140213_084205.jpg
    IMG_20140213_084205.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 28
My wife would be ok with some bikes but not all 5 ( 3 dirt and 2 maxes) as long as she gets her spot back in my garage !! Her suv has about 18 inches of snow on it right now , My 2 maxes have sheer curtains as blankets keeping dust off and small heater keeping them from getting a chill ..:biglaugh:

Man she has a townhouse and my house is about 35 to 40mins away in the Country. She don't or will not move out there so my house is like store house.
We stay out there sometimes. The vmax I bought it here to work on. But man almost did bring it inside yesterday I had the front wheel in the house she happen to come down stairs and look at me so I got the bike half way in she then said are you out your mind. So back out side the bike went. So I just look at my baby with tears running down my face. I use wd40 over the bike and use 1 of my car covers over the bike no water leaks through. I'm looking at the bike now as I type. Sometimes I just sit and look at the bike to see what I can do to it. I'm going nuts over the vmax mybe falling in love again.

Townhouse is cool though makes it easy for me to get to jobs.

But man almost did bring it inside yesterday I had the front wheel in the house she happen to come down stairs and look at me so I got the bike half way in she then said are you out your mind.

That's funny right there:rofl_200: If we all had a nickle for every time we heard that, We'd all be driving Gen 2's

That's funny right there:rofl_200: If we all had a nickle for every time we heard that, We'd all be driving Gen 2's

Funny, She has a honda magna it's in my playroom in side my house.

Haven't done it yet, due to cold outside and I have small shed to work in. Parts I have on hand to install. Solid Motor Mounts, New custom made brake and clutch res. covers, new brake arm still being made. I need to get new exhaust, morley jet kit, and morley seat. Pricing new tires still trying to decide Avon or Metzeler. I like my Avons I have been running for the last 6 years. Anyone know what is the main difference in 170/80 and the 150/90? I have the 170/80. I have been running the front 100/90-18, I found out my speedo is way off thanks to GPS, issue is Avon doesn't make a 110 with blacksidewalls.

Haven't done it yet, due to cold outside and I have small shed to work in. Parts I have on hand to install. Solid Motor Mounts, New custom made brake and clutch res. covers, new brake arm still being made. I need to get new exhaust, morley jet kit, and morley seat. Pricing new tires still trying to decide Avon or Metzeler. I like my Avons I have been running for the last 6 years. Anyone know what is the main difference in 170/80 and the 150/90? I have the 170/80. I have been running the front 100/90-18, I found out my speedo is way off thanks to GPS, issue is Avon doesn't make a 110 with blacksidewalls.

Avon makes ultra storm 2 in 110/80/18

I have stock rims, not planning on changing them. I just don't go thru curves as fast as others I have road with. Big pig is not a gokart..... I did just try to find them, not able to locate that size. Who did you see them at and how much?

Attachments

• IMAG0166.jpg
    IMAG0166.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMAG0165.jpg
    IMAG0165.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 36
Started detailing my engine with qtips n silicone under the vboost... sometimes i hate my ocd nature with my bike...

Day started off good. Took the Max of the battery tender, put the seat back on, put the faux tank back on, started right up. I let her warm up, took the LONG way to work. Got of work about 11PM. Turn key, no cycling of the Vboost, dim lights, won't turn at all. Long day at work, caught a ride home, will deal with it in the daylight. I guess I have the electrical gremlins these bikes are famous for....:ummm:

Attachments

• Cold day.jpg
    Cold day.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 21
Hello Gentleman,
I have been gone for a little while " I should have kept in touch I know,but Ive had some major life changing events happen that have kind of set me back in my place" Once the day I will never forget happened " Being diagnosed with lung cancer that has spread, I made some changes, allot of them, One that I regret making the most was selling my 2004 slightly modified V-MAX. So if you ask me what did I do to my V-MAX today "Actually yesterday" I bought it back form the same buyer over on the east coast. Seems his back is bad and" I due believe getting my MAX back will be very good therapy for me 'I forgot everything once I heard that UFO exhaust start imitating a SBC" Going to head over and get it today or Sunday morning. I will keep you in the loop, "Great to be back missed you guys"

Well, after doing the pea shooter last weekend the bike ran like a pregnant pig. Today I started by pulling all the plugs and found cylinder 2 had no spark. Started searching for the reason and found one of the wires to the coil was pulled out of the connector. Got that situated and she fired back to life with the rumble I am so used to hearing. Now I need to take her out, stretch her legs and have a bit of fun.
a9e3usep.jpg
I also received an email from Kuryakyn that they are shipping me a new set of mirrors since the ones I have are less than a year old and the stems already had rust developing on them.

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant
554 RED HORSE Sq, Guam

Hello Gentleman,
I have been gone for a little while " I should have kept in touch I know,but Ive had some major life changing events happen that have kind of set me back in my place" Once the day I will never forget happened " Being diagnosed with lung cancer that has spread, I made some changes, allot of them, One that I regret making the most was selling my 2004 slightly modified V-MAX. So if you ask me what did I do to my V-MAX today "Actually yesterday" I bought it back form the same buyer over on the east coast. Seems his back is bad and" I due believe getting my MAX back will be very good therapy for me 'I forgot everything once I heard that UFO exhaust start imitating a SBC" Going to head over and get it today or Sunday morning. I will keep you in the loop, "Great to be back missed you guys"

Welcome back :punk:

Back