What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was able to seal up one of my slip ons today, cured some of the backfiring (still backfires when releasing from high revs). I think I have to change jets. I have cobra exhaust and it smells real rich when it's running. Thinking about a Voodoo slash cut full system eventually. COPs is next on my list.

Sean

My Max w/ Cobras also smells rich, so much that my jacket will reek of gas if spend time in stop and go.

I ordered a d2s bixenon projector and hid system from the retrofit source, along with a 6.5"x6" round aluminum slug that I plan to machine a custom headlight housing. We'll see how this turns out!

I was able to seal up one of my slip ons today, cured some of the backfiring (still backfires when releasing from high revs). I think I have to change jets. I have cobra exhaust and it smells real rich when it's running. Thinking about a Voodoo slash cut full system eventually. COPs is next on my list.

Sean

Might want to check your shut off diaphragms also....the small diaphragms under the round covers on the carb sides....also referred to as anti backfire valves.

You need 147.5 or even 145's with the Cobra's

Thanks for the input Sean. I am getting rid of the Cobras soon, just don't like the slash cut look. I gonna go with the Delkevic carbon 8" can. I am going for a preferred
look not a power increase. Hopefully a jetting change won't be required....but who knows:ummm:

I like the slash cut look, is the voodoo system any good? Just took the side covers and faux tank off. The wind box was just sat on top of the carbs. Not sure what if any effect that would have, snuffed it up though.

Sean

realized the fact that I need another 200 bucks to complete my current brake rebuild project.

I like the slash cut look, is the voodoo system any good? Just took the side covers and faux tank off. The wind box was just sat on top of the carbs. Not sure what if any effect that would have, snuffed it up though.

Sean
I have the dragstar from ufo and its LOUD but awesome too ! Voodoo's probably just as loud I'm sure . Price is alot better then what I paid !!!!!! o yea don't forget ear plugs

Hit around 40 degrees here. Backed it out and fired it up. To much salt to ride. Hasn't run in 3 months. Turned over 4 or 5 times and fired up. No battery tender, just an odyssey PC 680 battery:punk: Music to my ears:punk:

Fired it up for the first time in 2014. It got up to 63 today, but salt and water from melting snow stopped me from riding.

Hit around 40 degrees here. Backed it out and fired it up. To much salt to ride. Hasn't run in 3 months. Turned over 4 or 5 times and fired up. No battery tender, just an odyssey PC 680 battery:punk: Music to my ears:punk:

Hmm... I must have an electrical issue. I have a tender on all winter and still need to jump it. New battery every year. I think I will pull it next time.

Install new front fork oil, rebuild front and rear brake calipers, install the front brake lines I made,

Now the freaken front brakes bleeding was taking to long, man I had a time getting them to bleed properly.

So I starting looking around the house for stuff that could help make brake bleeding faster. My wife had 2 flavor injector in the kitchen draw. I use 1 and remove the needle and stuff 5/16" hose in it. I put a little brake fluid in the master cylinder. I filled up the syringe with brake fluid install the hose on the bleed screw pump the syringe real easy hit the hose a few times so the air bobbles would back up to the syringe. I open the bleeder screw just a little and slowly push the brake fluid through the brake lines back up to the master cylinder. I pump the brake lever. Man the brake level was strong I could only pull it half way to the bar and I was really trying hard.

I did the rear brake bleeding to it went easy to.

The front brakes man it took 13mins to do.

Attachments

• vmaxfrontbrakebleeding.jpg
    vmaxfrontbrakebleeding.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 30
  • vmaxfrontbrakebleeding2.jpg
    vmaxfrontbrakebleeding2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 31
  • vmaxfrontbrakebleeding1.jpg
    vmaxfrontbrakebleeding1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 28
  • vmaxmadebrakelines1.jpg
    vmaxmadebrakelines1.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 28
Picked up all three of my wheels with tires swapped and installed. What is it about new tires that makes me want to ride so much more?

Back