What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Installed new bar end mirrors :biglaugh:

Attachments

• 1101071801.jpg
    1101071801.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 1101071800.jpg
    1101071800.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 1101071799.jpg
    1101071799.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 58
  • 1101071798.jpg
    1101071798.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 1101071797.jpg
    1101071797.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 40
Rusty, what is that hydrolic cylinder between your speedometer and the triple tree? Might be a dumb question, but not for me. Mirrors look awesome. Sti debating whether i wanna get some or not.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Winter-mod update as of today. Changed oil, fuel filter, changed fork seals. new front tire, repacked wheel bearings. COP mod, removed all 4 old coils. Got a BRC carb cleaning and reinstalled. Have a Dyna on the way for a rev limiter. The final mod (for now) will be an innovate wide band, As soon as I get the coin.

This past weekend finished putting on a Morley Muscle Jetkit setup. Just need to sync the carbs and I'm good to go......snow get outta here now so I can do the sync!

It's a damper shock to absorb any wobble in the forks. Works pretty good too.:biglaugh:

Rusty,

Is that damper a direct bolt up or did you have some mods to make it fit right? Your setup is the nicest looking mount I have seen. I'm not a fan of the ones that hang off the side or pierce the scoops.

Sean

Rusty,

Is that damper a direct bolt up or did you have some mods to make it fit right? Your setup is the nicest looking mount I have seen.

Sean
One like this is a $500.00 dollar item from Hyperpro. The original shock started leaking after 10 years, so I just replaced it with one from China. It has a lot of machine work behind it that holds the shock in place. Made for a 1st gen Vmax, I believe you can still get the hardware for this set up. But it will cost you over $500bucks:confused2:

Just put my exhaust (midpipe-back) back on I had taken off to clean it up a bit and wanted to put some sealer in the joints because I had a couple of small leaks when the bike was cold.

One of several things that I like about my stainless steel exhaust is that at the end of the season.....or any time for that matter, I can clean it up and make it look new again. It's real easy to do as well, only need a Scotch Brite pad and a tiny bit of elbow grease. Also, the stainless really matches the stock front header shields very well because they too have a brushed finish.

100.jpg

101_2014-03-08.jpg

99_2014-03-08.jpg

I finally installed my dyna 3000 after having it in a box for over a year. Also installed chrome scoops that came in today from Sean Morley. Just waiting for the seat to come in. Then all I have left for this off season is to get my rx2n digital speedo installed by a professional. I've had that almost 2 years now sitting in the garage.

I installed my Tyga front and rear carbon fiber fenders. Rear was a pain 'cause the nut plate did not fit real right. A little grinding and dab of RTV to hold them in place it all went together. The finish is great, I could not be more satisfied. The price was good. I ordered them last Sunday (Bangkok) and got them Thursday (Tennessee). Made a huge difference.

Noticed I had a pretty severe low speed wobble, did the bounce test and adjusted per Sean's Youtube video and took it for a quick test ride. Astonishingly better handling and zero wobble. Not bad for 20 minutes including getting my tools out and taking a little ride.

Installed my new to me back rest I ordered from Sean. I was nervous how it might look, but I kind of like the new look.

Attachments

• 20140328_134145.jpg
    20140328_134145.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 20140329_215317.jpg
    20140329_215317.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 34
Put my exhaust back on with some sealer in the joints, finished some wiring and sat on it and fantasized aboyt hearing her roar down the road on a warm day... summer needs to get here now!!!

Adambweird, what did you use to seal it up. I did the same while back with sodium silicate and it didn't work guess it didn't expand and contract enough with the exhaust . I just redid it with hi temp copper silicone. Seems to have worked better.

Sean

Latest posts

Back